Author Topic: A Glitcher's Lament  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
A Glitcher's Lament
« on: October 02, 2009, 12:44:45 am »
We saw what no one should.
We went where not allowed.
Boldly we colored outside the lines,
the onlookers were wow'ed.

Performing tricks and silly stunts
while in the publics view,
we sought out ever greater challenge
for those of us who knew.

While always climbing ever higher,
we saw what gods could see,
And when we found the secrets there,
we thought we held the keys.

Some shared our knowledge freely,
to those who wished to know
While some would rather horde it,
than let their secrets show.

But now our fun is over.
and home now seems so small.
The status quo has been restored.
We are equal, one and all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:56:27 am by Kaloyan Alett »
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
Re: A Glitcher's Lament
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:51:43 am »
So for those who do not know, I'm a player of Playstation Home and untill recently a favorite activity of mine was glitching. By glitching you could see behind the seens so to speak of the areas you were visiting. You could climb up on the rails in the mall, or pretend to tend bar in the Uncharted Space. But today saw the release of a new version of Home where all the glitches have been fixed and now no one can glitch.

B glitching we were going beyond boundaries and seeing what the developers didn't want us to see. We saw new things, secret things, sometimes a hidden message, or an easter egg, sometimes it was just getting to the top of a really noisy area and finding it peacful. A great way to make new friends and see sights of Home.

A lot of folk are glad the glitches and glitchers are gone because they never learned to glith or saw the point so now we're all the same once more. But for those of us who did glitch, who saw some nice things and had good memories of it, Home seems much smaller now. A little darker. It feels like the exploration has been taken out.

It promted me to write this short little poem describing my feelings about glitching and how I feel now that it is gone. I miss it and I'm going to miss it for a long time.  :'( :'( :'(
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 01:41:38 am »
That reminds me of the people who walk on the railing of the airship in FFXI. ^.^

You have my sympathy, and that's a pretty compelling poem.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 11:22:52 pm »
Thank you Tachyon. I've since learned that the glitchers and our hobby isn't as dead as most would like. Many new glitches have been discovered and I myself have performed them and instructed others in them, so the story is bittersweet.

My favorite glitches are gone, but I've found new ones to explore and even made a few new friends in the process. I still mourn for the old days, but change is what life is all about so I've no choice but to move on and enjoy what I have.

We'll see if inspiration strikes again and births a new poem. ;)
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Fiver

• Male
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 10:14:22 pm »
Awesome subject and rhymes.  I don't know about Playstation Home, I just associated the glitching with my Halo and Rainbow 6 days, and it still made sense.
My lastfm
"Jade: Lose interest in fauna and never speak of it again." - MS Paint Adventures: Homestuck: Act 3

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 11:49:08 pm »
Awesome subject and rhymes.  I don't know about Playstation Home, I just associated the glitching with my Halo and Rainbow 6 days, and it still made sense.
Thank you, it's a nice feeling knowing that the subject is broad enough to be felt by those who didn't play Home.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 12:59:56 am »
It can be interpreted in an even broader sense. To me, it represents all the times when I tried to expand some boundaries (what some would call breaking the rules) at my high school and was shot down. It is a tale of short-lived freedoms and the strong-arm of the oppressors.
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 01:28:14 pm »
It can be interpreted in an even broader sense. To me, it represents all the times when I tried to expand some boundaries (what some would call breaking the rules) at my high school and was shot down. It is a tale of short-lived freedoms and the strong-arm of the oppressors.

Thank you, I've begun to post some of my poetry on my DA page. Just follow the link in my sig.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart