Author Topic: I did something weird  (Read 8471 times)

Offline Reis rr

• stays crunchy - even in milk!
  • Male
Re: I did something weird
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 02:36:16 pm »
When I first read your entry I wanted to tell you to stay the way you are and stick to your beliefs, no matter what others say. I've also tried to change myself to adjust to society but eventually, I came to the conclusion that I'm more happy when I'm just being myself. Feeling this happiness, I also got stronger and that's acknowledged by many people.
Nevertheless, what I've experienced in life is: The younger children/people are, the crueler they behave. So I would also recommend you to wait, while admiring you for your strength you've proved with that. This is more worth than anything else, in the end. :)
Tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo. ~Fernando Pessoa

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 04:39:36 pm »
The first word from the last post I saw was "stick" but misread as sick and here I was feeling a bit.... flustered x3
Then I re-read and felt much better.
Honestly, between being conformist and ignored and being different and rejected, i prefer the latter.
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 05:05:29 pm »

Honestly, between being conformist and ignored and being different and rejected, i prefer the latter.
I second this.

1+ awesome point for you, Serra
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 08:46:50 pm »

I second this.

1+ awesome point for you, Serra
I would agree, but that would look like I'm conforming, so I'm just going to jump in a lake. :3 *swims around*
no but really, I agree
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline ObliviousAlly

• Ally the Sparkly
  • Female
    • Pipedreams
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »
Thought I'd throw in my thoughts.

Being as you're 10 kind of puts you in a weird place.

On one hand, I disagree with the people saying to wait until high school. I mean, if you DO keep wearing your collar, the kids in your grade will become accustomed to it, it'll be normal for them to see you wearing something out of the ordinary. On the  other hand, I do agree with the people saying to wait until high school because, as a few mentioned, it may bring up questions from your teachers/counselor/parents.

You may earn a reputation as 'the weird kid', but I think we all earn that at some point in our lives. My partner started wearing a collar in high school, people really didn't bother him too much. We also wore tails our senior year and, yeah, there were some comments, but most people were positive about it or just didn't care. My class even defended me when my home ec. teacher noticed the tail after my wearing it for weeks and told me to remove it because it 'disrupts the class'. They backed me up on the fact that I'd been wearing it and they were already over it.

So people tend to just get used to things that are constants in their environment, really. When we STOPPED wearing our tails to the mall, everyone started asking where they were, as if they'd always been there and we'd cut off a limb or something.

But whatever you decide, it's less about what you wear and more about how you act. Confidence makes anything work. ANYTHING.

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 03:46:28 pm »
Thank you Nicholai <3
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Tanu

• Species: Raccoon
  • Just a regular Office Raccoon.
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 12:02:34 am »
Seriously, the best response for anyone that asks about it is to just say "I felt like wearing it" I did the same thing with a chain, I had it go around my neck and dangle like a leash and I had a few people grab it and "act" like they were taking me for a walk, however when they saw me laughing with them they just walked away. I know it was dumb of me to do, looking at it in hinde-sight but it was still fun. My brother took the chain back though and I haven't done anything like that again. (Then again, my being a part of the gothic subculture made things easier for those around me to accept it)
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Brad9995

• Male
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 01:52:04 am »
I'm just going to say this, ***DO WHAT YOU WANT***

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 08:40:21 pm »
I say, if they can't accept who you are, then they are not your true friends. Friends warn you about how people will react to you or help you out of certain dilemmas that they consider themselves experts at.

I personally was a freak from preschool to High School. It wasn't until soft more year did people realize what I was doing was pretty cool. They thought that swords, guns, tanks, sci-fi, history, RPG's and furries were for the freaks of society. Well they can now eat their words.

(also... Your really only 10? Did you draw that? It's amazing! I wish I could draw like that.)
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Necryn

• Female
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 02:55:55 pm »
It's been awhile since the original post, but thought I'd say that people are going to make fun of and harass you anyway, no matter what you do.  Might as well go ahead and have fun since they're going to find something to pick at you about anyway.  The age of 11 is a bit young to be wearing a collar just because it might elicit concern from parents and teachers.  They might think you're wearing a collar due to other negatively perceived things collars can be associated with, like gangs, or things of an adult nature.  Don't wear your collar (unless it's for something like Halloween) if it's against school policy, or if you think your parents or teachers might have a problem with it.

Even then, I wouldn't wear it until you're ready to put up with the ridicule.  When you think you can not let the teasing get to you, or when you can come up with snarky things to say back to them to make them look like the idiots, you're ready to wear your collar.  Something else you can do is just agree with them, or make a joke about what they're teasing you about.  It's hard for them to tease you about most things if it doesn't appear to phase you.  They'll get bored and move on to someone else who gives them more of a reaction.  As to your "friends," if they're making fun of your collar, they're not really your friends, and if they aren't your friends, they don't matter.

Offline Besdeki

• profile pic of devon the fox by (C) KP
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 11:57:48 pm »
I think I told people at school when I was in 8th grade, i even wore my fursuit to school. for the most part they didnt care, but every school is different and region generally is different. for the most part i live in a small town with a bunch of rich kids who could care less. In high school more people found out even though they found it weird they could care less. But you will always have some who just like to put others down and think they are the best. Just have to realize your better than them and walk away. but id wait until your older, when your younger parents and teachers tend to get involved which is not fun

Offline wags

• Take the world
  • Female
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 08:22:56 pm »
... My 4th grade teacher gave me a black suede collar that had rainbow borders around the edges for Christmas. I loved it and no one said anything.
You're school sounds ridiculous I'm sorry. =/

Offline Mylo

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2011, 08:33:22 pm »
... My 4th grade teacher gave me a black suede collar that had rainbow borders around the edges for Christmas. I loved it and no one said anything.

Why did she give you a collar?

Offline wags

• Take the world
  • Female
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 01:42:17 pm »

Why did she give you a collar?
I think I was unknowingly the class pet, and she was trying to make a joke out of it. Got no idea haha. xD

Offline SoulFox

• Male
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 03:11:47 pm »
Are you really only 10? Put it away and wait until high school. It is brave of you to wear it again even after the teasing, but I think with your age being what it is, everybody around you (parents, teachers, school administrators) is more likely to worry about why you're wearing it (do your parents know you wore it to class?) and blow this up into something it's not. When you're a teenager, everyone just expects you to be weird. And as Shim says, some people might even think it's cool.

Trust me, your no scaredy cat of anysort if you did this and your only 10! theres nooo way i would have done it at that age. right now, in middle school everyone gossips and anything kids can make fun of they will in two secs. just keep it out of school till highschool, you'll see how much better it works  :) to start off you'll be surprised at how many more people there are you never met, but also they tend just to ignore it or assume its a fashion or kind of click
Enjoy what you have. But most importantly, nothing will ever be handed to you! Put in effort, the harder you work for something, the more rewarding it is :3

Offline Tyrannus The Demon

• Your Worst Nightmare.
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 03:58:06 pm »
Are you really only 10? Put it away and wait until high school.

oi vey....im 13 and i wear a tail,ears,well no ears since i ma dragon and wear a dragon tail XD and i actually haev contacts that give me eyes like a dragons(the yjust cover certain parts of your eyes and the yblend in so tha tit dosnt look like ur wearing contacts)!
and i get teased all the time!
but i got teased all the time b4 this XD
its only 2 or 3 people that tease me...jerks....theyre just jealous of me and what i can do!
i should back-0-hand'em -_-
anywasy back on track!
ok then,so your gonna get teased ofr a little while,dont hold off,when they see that sometiems you dont wear it,and someiems you do,then theyll figure that its just like a hobby or a fashion style of yours!
DONT WORRY,THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND,KIDS MAKE FUN OF WHAT THE DONT UNDERSTAND!
"It all started just a few hours ago...the squad was out on routine patrol across the plains...radio contact started to fail,all we could here were terrible screams...amongst teh screasm and gun-fire,we made-out one cry,'They're coming...they're...everywhere!'."

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »
I have been trying to find a sage-colored collar, and I luckily have found out my High School has a thriving (Although virtually unheard of) Furry community. I just never cared to search.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Salem666

• He makes me feel like eight, like thirteen.
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »
If it isn't against policy, and it doesn't hurt anyone, then I see no reason as to why you should stop. Sticks and stones, love. Words might sting, but they're only words. If you wear it strongly, people view you as strong. I wore a collar for most of my middle school years, and it was an almost constant barrage of teasing at first. But I simply sniffed, put my nose in the air, and wore it like it were made of diamonds. Eventually, they stopped teasing me, because they got bored with "old news". If it makes you happy, and if you really want to wear it, don't let anyone else tell you you can't. Respect your parents and teachers, but at the same time, if they question you, help them try to understand your point of view. Life is full of social restrictions. Just be you, and you will be beautiful.

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 06:59:05 pm »
This thread is past the six month grave-digging limit, so it has been locked.
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#