Author Topic: Computer Viruses  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Kr2i

• Male
Computer Viruses
« on: July 30, 2010, 02:53:47 am »
well I was trying to log in to my Facebook account but when put in the url I get redirected to Myspace :o and thats just one of the viruses I have had lately anyone else have any odd computer viruses they want to share?  and any help with the virus I have would be appreciated
Xboxlive: idk1394
PSN: turkey_bone1234

Add me if you want to

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Computer Viruses
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:08:57 am »
Topic moved here from the General Non-furry Discussion forum as it seems better suited here. ;)

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:29:59 am »
I'm not too familiar with all the virus's out there, but I'm gonna guess a little more info may be needed. Such as are you sure the URL when logging in to FB is the proper FB URL and not something made to look like it or just ambiguous? Are you accessing the FB login page from something like a book mark that should be right, manually typing it in, or from a link somewhere?  Is it taking you to a specific myspace page, the myspace home page, or login screen? Is it even the real myspace URL in your address bar?

And perhaps one of the more important ones is, does this only happen when you try to log in to FB? If the rest of your internet activity is ok, I'm wondering if it's not a virus, but a phishing attempt. If the URL's look suspicious, then that would be my guess.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 10:00:31 am »
Do the usual stuff like run a virus scan would be a first start. But a little more info would be useful if you can provide it.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Rjgano

• I don't know what to put here. I thought I'd share
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 10:32:18 am »
    One that I had gave me all homepages to about: Blank and other websites, and it would crash my computer, I also gave myself a rickroll virus for the giggles :D
In these 400 characters, I will waste precious space with my uniquely typed letter Es EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 12:47:38 pm »
I also gave myself a rickroll virus for the giggles :D
I'd only use that when friends/siblings are wanting to play  ;)
Lately viruses love me. Right now I'm fighting with a Google redirect virus. Problem is, it's not as revealing as the one I had a while ago, and it's going to be harder to get rid of. Mysearchcorp? Sure, let's look them up! Florida-traffic? I can find that! But I'm not sure what the source of this one is. I figured out how to temporarily bypass it, but I often forget...

Offline Kr2i

• Male
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 01:42:19 pm »
Do the usual stuff like run a virus scan would be a first start. But a little more info would be useful if you can provide it.

I would if I could update the program I am using It always gets an error massage but I tried to login again today and it seems to have worked and I haven't been redirected

Add me if you want to

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 03:49:04 pm »
Both StalkerBook and PoserSpace are viruses on society! :v On a more serious note, you never told your web browser. If you're using anything below Firefox with Adblock (especially an unprotected IE) that's begging for a virus. Especially social network sites riddled with ads out the wahzoo. If you don't want viruses, get a Mac! >:C.......*insert laughter here* Okay, enough joking. Get a proper web browser, configured adblock plugin and never click on suspicious looking links or ads. Problem solved. ;3

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 03:53:29 pm »
Yes, firefox with adblock ftw. No other browser's adblock is anywhere as powerful; IE has a very crude and buggy adaptive adblocking system that requires you to use the internet extensively before it can figure out what is an ad, and opera requires you to manually mark items as ads, and chrome... I have no idea aobut chrome.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 05:23:15 pm »
Google...Chrome...Google...GoogleAds...Google tracking all it's users searches in its database..Google developed web browser...Yeah, I don't possibly see Google doing anything bad with that combo. ;)

Offline Corvus Corone

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 07:29:54 pm »
Google...Chrome...Google...GoogleAds...Google tracking all it's users searches in its database..Google developed web browser...Yeah, I don't possibly see Google doing anything bad with that combo. ;)
I'm glad you don't.

The government's already asked all companies like Google (Yahoo, etc) to release their collected information to the government.

All of them said 'yes' and did it...except for Google.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 08:18:05 pm »
What Anti-Virus software are you using?
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Kr2i

• Male
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 12:32:55 am »
What Anti-Virus software are you using?

Avast and the problem that I was having wasn't restricted to any internet browser it happened with all the browsers I use just to let everyone know   

Add me if you want to

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 05:41:25 am »
I don't have to worry about that. I run Linux. 8)

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 03:32:29 am »
Anyone else thinking posible hostfile issue?  If so, i'll explain how to fix it.

That could be as simple as a friend or relative playing a practical joke...   (:

Also,  for starters,  sounds more like spyware to me than a virus,  so please download,  install,  and run this program here:

Clicking this link will prompt you to download an installer for Spybot Search and Destroy
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:11:13 am by Alsek »