Author Topic: Two stories: "The Nebula Was Empty" and "Slug Time"  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
Two stories: "The Nebula Was Empty" and "Slug Time"
« on: September 07, 2011, 04:44:09 am »
I've had two stories published this summer, and I wanted to give you all a chance to read them if you like.  Neither of them is quite furry, but they both have elements of anthropomorphism or neat animals.

The first one -- "The Nebula Was Empty" -- was published in Spaceports and Spidersilk earlier this summer, but I didn't get around to posting about it here until they took it down in favor of the new issue.  (So, I've reprinted it at FA.)  This one was inspired by watching my dog, Trudy, meet a beetle in my backyard.  She was sooo excited; she lowered her head and put her paws out in the "Let's play!" pose.  Then she rammed her body against it -- affectionately, but... well... she was thousands of times its size -- smooshing it across the pavement.  I immediately went inside and wrote this story.

The second story -- "Slug Time" -- just came out in Cosmos, an Australian science magazine.  So, that's pretty neat, and I'm really excited about it.

Anyway, I hope you all like them!
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly