Author Topic: NaNoWriMo '11  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
NaNoWriMo '11
« on: October 24, 2011, 03:37:43 am »
Heya gang it's almost that time of the year. I'm just curious who all is going to be participating this year from this neck of the woods. Hopefully I'll be winning this year. I felt bad about last year so I want to make up for it. Currently outlining a whole honker of a novel.

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Species: Fox, primarily. Bits of wolf, lioness and red panda in the brain too.
  • Male
Re: NaNoWriMo '11
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 05:34:20 pm »
Actually, I plan on working on a story as well. Not for any contest per se, but because I have an idea for a furry story and am actually going to make it a novel as opposed to "short" stories.

Hopefully, the plan does not implode on day one. *wry chuckle* ^.^
"Be true to what you are.  Never hide your true self from anyone.  The moment you do, you stop living and start...existing.  From experience, life loses a lot when you simply...exist"

Archon Snowfur (my wolf side), from the story "Graduation Day, 2190".

"Have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out."

Offline Mylo

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:41:34 pm »
I really wish I could, but I have no time to consistently write...even my weekends are backed up DX

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:26:58 pm »
I really shouldn't this year...  I already burned myself out this summer working on short stories.  (Though, it paid off -- I've had one of them accepted for next summer's issue of ROAR!)  And I've got two novels that are already two-thirds done.  So...  I really ought to finish those instead.  Though, it is seriously tempting.  Winning last year was a huge rush.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 02:39:33 am »
How's NaNoWriMo going for everyone?

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:05:31 am »
Haven't had much time to write. I'm sitting at 700...

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:48:37 pm »
There's a group on FurAffinity for furries attempting (or who have previously attempted) NaNoWriMo:  https://www.furaffinity.net/user/nanowrimofurs/

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:20:54 pm »
I only write as a hobby. If I try to set deadlines and stuff for myself it begins to fee like work and work isn't fun.

But if anyone is interested I do have a project in the works on my DA (link in my sig). I mostly have been writing My Little Pony fan fiction but with this new story I hope to prove to myself and others that I can write other stories too.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 12:38:48 pm »
So, I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this year...  But, the habits I built up last year seem to still be affecting me.  November simply feels like a month when I'm supposed to sit down and write 1000-word chunks of text.  I've already finished two short stories so far.

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »
seriously behind. I'll probably have a huge rush at some point. School is in the way at the moment.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 11:41:46 pm »
So, I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this year...  But, the habits I built up last year seem to still be affecting me.  November simply feels like a month when I'm supposed to sit down and write 1000-word chunks of text.  I've already finished two short stories so far.
Good job finishing the short stories! I haven't written anything of note in a long time.  Not to be making excuses, but I've been rather busy.  November kind of snuck up on me, so I won't be participating in NaNo this year--again! :'(  I hope everyone else does well, though! 
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 12:48:00 pm »
Hey everyone guess what. It's time for one of Kaloth's patent-pending mad dashes to the end. I'm currently sitting at 1000 words and I plan to finish. I'll keep you guys up to speed but just in case you want to keep track of where I am Here's a thing: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/kaloth/novels/untitled-novel-54205/stats

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 07:25:39 pm »
Hey everyone guess what. It's time for one of Kaloth's patent-pending mad dashes to the end. I'm currently sitting at 1000 words and I plan to finish. I'll keep you guys up to speed but just in case you want to keep track of where I am Here's a thing: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/kaloth/novels/untitled-novel-54205/stats

Good luck!  That sounds completely crazy, but I hope you make it.

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Species: Fox, primarily. Bits of wolf, lioness and red panda in the brain too.
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »
As of today (November 23, 2011), I'm currently sitting at 41,283 words. That's about 170 pages and 13 chapters.

Will likely split time between writing and Oblivion (takes the edge off the Skyrim need, since I'm actually waiting till Christmas to open my copy).

UPDATE: Make that 44063. Did a bit more writing today than I was expecting. *emits wry chuckles...then slips into a writing-induced coma*
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:57:32 pm by R.A.Blackpaws »
"Be true to what you are.  Never hide your true self from anyone.  The moment you do, you stop living and start...existing.  From experience, life loses a lot when you simply...exist"

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:21 pm »
With two days left of the month, I've written four short stories and 5,000 words of my ongoing novel project this month.  That's only a sixth of the word-count I reached last year...  But, considering that I decided I didn't have the time to do NaNoWriMo this year, I think it's pretty good.

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Male
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 04:38:16 pm »
Finished @ 12:15 PM eastern time, verified @ 12:20 PM.

Did my 50k words...but the novel isn't "done" yet.

Hopefully will be done by the end of the year.

*puts comedically large icebags on hir paws and exhales deeply, a goofy smile on hir muzzle* ^.^