Author Topic: Wearing furry gear to be happy?  (Read 6498 times)

Offline LaMarCat1

• I ♥ Science!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
Wearing furry gear to be happy?
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »
I'm not sure if it's just me or what but whenever I'm feeling sad or down about something, I just put on a tail and/or a set of ears and I kind of feel better. I guess wearing stuff like that is my comfort place. Also when I wear my tail in public or something, I feel happier and more hyper for some reason? I guess it just feels good to be the real me, but I really don't know.
I'm not complaining about it though. I enjoy being happy while wearing my furry stuff! It's a good thing!~
I'm just wondering if anyone else gets like that?

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
Re: Wearing furry gear to be happy?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:19:08 pm »
Well, this makes me wish my mom would let me get furry stuff to wear. :( I can imagine it would have that effect though.

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:47:44 pm »
Well, this makes me wish my mom would let me get furry stuff to wear. :( I can imagine it would have that effect though.

You stole my words!
Come find me! More to come!

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 02:55:49 pm »

You stole my words!
Not stolen, "borrowed"  :P

Offline LaMarCat1

• I ♥ Science!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 03:19:20 pm »
Why can't you get any? :c

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 08:01:34 pm »
My mom doesn't want people to see me as different. Don't worry, I'll sometimes wear a collar or something when she isn't looking. :D

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 11:06:19 pm »
I totally agree. if my parents found out i was furry it would be like *claps paws* that and my social life would here be be ended. they dont want me to stick out. they want me to be under the radar. but im like "Why? whats the point?"
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 12:33:47 pm »
* Avan sometimes wears a fursuit while doing homework for similar reasons. Also since fursuits are just awesome like that. Just ask sasha or grizztof.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:19 pm »
I totally agree. if my parents found out i was furry it would be like *claps paws* that and my social life would here be be ended. they dont want me to stick out. they want me to be under the radar. but im like "Why? whats the point?"
I have to settle for the kid that draws animals :P. Oh look, I'm getting off-topic. On topic: Where do you guys get your furry gear? I might be able to go on a secret mission to get some.

Offline LaMarCat1

• I ♥ Science!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 05:01:26 pm »
My mum use to do the same thing to me when I was younger. She didn't want me being different from everybody and whenever I did something weird she'd be like, "Lower the freak-flag, Lexie" which was very very VERY upsetting to me because I hate being like everyone else! I want to be an individual, not another "normal" teenager. That's just boring. But then I just started go against what she told me and now she's fine with me being a furry. I guess she was just worried of me getting made fun of, which I did. But that shouldn't stop me.
She and the rest of my family believed that furries were perverted people. Ya' know, the normal false stereotype. But once I told her I was a furry, and what it really is, she was okay with it.

Offline Hashira

• they/their, she/her
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 07:01:59 pm »
My dad just doesn't see why we are like we are. He thinks I don't need furries to be myself and feel good about myself which is possible, but a hell of a lot harder without furries. My mom is just a mom, thinks what she thinks and thinks I'll become some mentally unstable freak.
If I had furry gear i'd never take it off! I'd be like, the happiest 6 foot cat in the world! My two sisters would be a bit of work to help understand but they all know I'm a different kind of kid than others. They just want to know why, or what kind of kid I am, and I found a way to tell them! Furries!
If I disobeyed my mom, my dad doesn't really care, than I'd loose my Internet forever -.-

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 07:09:22 pm »
I've been very depressed lately so I wear my tail and ears, chew my chew toys, or share snacks or talk with my dog to feel better. And they always help :) I always feel better when I do something furry related. Sometimes, when I know I have to pick up my little brother from his daycare, I put my tail and ears on just before my mother calls me to get him. The kindergardeners love it!  :D

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline Grizztof Grünwald

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 08:30:11 pm »
I don't own any furry gear. When I get my fursuit, I'll probably wear it around the house just for the lulz, but what really makes me smile is watching a good fursuiting video on Youtube.
Twitter: @grizztof
FA user: grizztof
Youtube channel: grizztof

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 08:32:45 pm »
I now have a fox hat that I wear whenever it is cool outside really. I find it funny, my little sis gave it to me to Christmas. I wore it a lot right after, when I was staying with my folks for a while. My dad simply looked at me before I left one day and said "you are a strange person, you know that?" To which I replied "yup, thanks!"

Haven't tried wearing a tail to cheer me up, might have to sometime. Might work. Though, I am sure my housemates would think I had finally lost what little "sanity" I have left. heh
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 10:19:37 pm »
My mum use to do the same thing to me when I was younger. She didn't want me being different from everybody and whenever I did something weird she'd be like, "Lower the freak-flag, Lexie" which was very very VERY upsetting to me because I hate being like everyone else! I want to be an individual, not another "normal" teenager. That's just boring. But then I just started go against what she told me and now she's fine with me being a furry. I guess she was just worried of me getting made fun of, which I did. But that shouldn't stop me.
She and the rest of my family believed that furries were perverted people. Ya' know, the normal false stereotype. But once I told her I was a furry, and what it really is, she was okay with it.
Oh god... My mom decided to learn about furries with google images. I had to explain a lot.

Offline LaMarCat1

• I ♥ Science!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 10:45:50 pm »
Oh my!! I bet you did!!! Google images is the worst place to do that!!!

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 12:58:26 am »
I have a silly lion hat that a couple bouth me as a joke.  I loved to their horror.  I wear it whenever I can. The kids love and i wear it around the house.  I also wear it commuting to and from work.  It helps me bring out the inner cat and makes me happy.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline LaMarCat1

• I ♥ Science!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 07:02:44 am »
Yeah, that's how I feel about wearing my furry stuff!
Especialy a tail for some reason. It also makes me happy!!
I also love acting like a kitty or a doggie (depnds what tail I'm wearing)
But I only do this around people I trust.
Like my cat. Lol

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 05:15:09 pm »
Oh my!! I bet you did!!! Google images is the worst place to do that!!!
It was actually pretty funny once I explained everything, thank goodness.

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 05:18:52 pm »
I'd like to get something like a fursuit eventually, but I don't have the guts. I'm normally very quiet, and try not to draw attention to myself. I just like staying in the background of things. And, of course, a fursuit is hardly anything subtle. Then, there would be the issue of explaining it... Most people would probably find it a bit out of the ordinary for me, because of my usually introverted personality. I'm not always that way, I'm much more oddball around people I know better, but most people would find it really strange for me. Eh, I don't have to worry about it much though, I'm 15 and probably won't be getting a fursuit or anything like that for a good three years, at the very least.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 05:54:38 pm »
I generally don't wear anything furry to make me happy. If I do, then it's only the wolf tshirts I have that I buy at a Native American arts store at the mall where I work. Otherwise, what makes me happy is just being able to help others the best that I can with their fursuiting questions and problems, etc. ;)

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 10:14:48 pm »
Like i said. my family doesn't like me standing out. that didn'T stop mt did it? I'm going to be me and if anyone is going to tell me otherwise they can go to hell >:3 I'm me AND only me. I'm not that guy....
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Hashira

• they/their, she/her
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »
Well said JJ, but 'who are you?' is the question. Trust me and trust others when they say this isn't an easy thing to do or figure out. I myself have written in my... Personal documents... nearly the exact same words like you posted and am still having a bit of trouble figuring myself out. But guess what, this is all part of being a teen and everyone goes through it. Even the manliest big men on campus guys have probably thought about these things deeply and just don't want to go through the struggle and be something else (at least that's what I think). Just be smart, don't say 'go to hell' or be a jerk about it because it's not a good idea in my opinion. You need heart to heart talks with your parents which is hard to do, but it's worth it.

Offline LaMarCat1

• I ♥ Science!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 09:12:49 pm »
I'd like to get something like a fursuit eventually, but I don't have the guts. I'm normally very quiet, and try not to draw attention to myself. I just like staying in the background of things. And, of course, a fursuit is hardly anything subtle. Then, there would be the issue of explaining it... Most people would probably find it a bit out of the ordinary for me, because of my usually introverted personality. I'm not always that way, I'm much more oddball around people I know better, but most people would find it really strange for me. Eh, I don't have to worry about it much though, I'm 15 and probably won't be getting a fursuit or anything like that for a good three years, at the very least.

Same here bro. No expects me to be like that but I really am when I'm around my really good friends. But when I get a fursuit, it's gonna be so kick butt!! It will allow me to hide my face and conquer my barrier of shyness! Ohhh I can't wait!!~

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 09:55:48 pm »
Same here bro. No expects me to be like that but I really am when I'm around my really good friends. But when I get a fursuit, it's gonna be so kick butt!! It will allow me to hide my face and conquer my barrier of shyness! Ohhh I can't wait!!~

Watch the language, please. ;) The automated censor did catch the original word you tried to use and changed it to "butt". Please remember the following:
d) No swearing of anything harsher than “damn” and “hell”. Please don't try to bend the rules by using creative spelling (fsck), acronyms (WT F), censoring, insinuation, or other tricks. Talk smarter, not harder.