Author Topic: lifestyler, what is it/what does it mean to you  (Read 3362 times)

Offline lethe

• Male
lifestyler, what is it/what does it mean to you
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:04:08 pm »
im fairly new furtopia and forums as a whole  :D so while i was browsing around trying to get familiar with thing i came across the lifestylers forums and it interested me alot. I decided to check out what lifestyling was all about but on my search i got some vague answers so id figured id ask you guys. :) so what is lifestyling or what does it mean to you.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: lifestyler, what is it/what does it mean to you
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 07:08:15 pm »
You can research this thread if you'd like. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=41212.0

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:18:10 pm »
If Kobuk's link didn't help, or you just want to hear it from another furry to you, i think i can help a bit. I think furry lifestyling is performing furry activities in an everyday situation. Most people fursuit at cons or wear ears there or write stories and draw. But furry lifestylers do these things in public and at home. Like fursuiters in wal-mart. or maybe wearing a collar at school. Just loving furries on a situation away from the conventional places. I can't say i do much lifestyling. I portray animal-like behaviors in public. Like how i always place things in my mouth to free my hands, or climbing things. that last ones called parkour to most people, but i consider it furry because animals like to climb things, too. :D
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 02:08:25 pm »
My universe pretty much revolves around dogs. I collect dog stuff, draw dogs all the time, wear T-Shirts with dogs on them ( my Snoopy shirt is my favorite article of clothing ) and am never found without something from my dog collection on me. This may be more the OCD than the furry talking, but I have to wear a backpack with dog stuff in it whereever I go. I tend to freak out if I'm without it. I need it to function.
I tend to bark and howl for fun and I've developed the habit of saying "Woof" whenever I'm happy about something. On top of it all I live with nine real live flesh and blood dogs.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 04:03:39 pm »
One it not just a hobby for me. I do not think I am only part human or have or call on an animal spirit, but I do not have an off button. Their not one second of my life  I do not consider myself a furry.  I do act on my my choices of item I use and carry from my Hello Kitty Wallet to the Hello Kitty sleep on. 
I say being a lifestyler means I do not have an furry off button.
PS. when the Good Lord take me home I want o be buried with a con badge, ears tail and a bible.

Offline Ilkan

• Silvery Gray Dragon/Fox Hybrid Thing
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 11:52:54 pm »
I don't feel like an animal trapped in a human body or anything like that, but I identify strongly with most animals and can befriend them very easily. When I look in the mirror, my reflection looks foreign. It doesnt look unnatractive or anything like that, but it just looks foreign and strange. I wouldn't want to transition into a feral body, but I wouldn't hesitate to trade this body for an anthro one.
Do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for I am one and I will bite you if you annoy me.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 02:03:32 am »
Locked due to gravedigging.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#