Author Topic: Help...?  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Flyntz

Help...?
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:50:46 pm »
Ok, so recently I have been showing some habits related to my Fursona but, I think I may just be taking them too serious or not...? But one of my main problem's is that I just keep waking up during night, just like fennec's, it's unstoppable!  :o I have been trying to get 8 sleep hours, but no matter what I do I just keep waking up during night!  :'( I would seriously like to "remove" this from my lifestyle!

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: Help...?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:15:13 am »
Hmm... This is an interesting situation. I don't know how much help I can be. Maybe you can Google it. Like reasons people wake up in the middle of the night, or how to remain asleep. i think i heard once that the foods you eat before sleeping can affect how well and long you sleep. I don't trust nor recommend drugs, but if it is your last straw so to speak, then you could take Lunesta or something like that, to help you sleep. Personally I'm against almost all drugs except pain killers. I know I'm not much help, but sometimes just a friendly ear can be helpful. Hope you sleep well at night soon.
 :goldthpt:
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline lethe

• Male
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:15:58 am »
are you sure it has something to do with your fursona there are a number of factors that could potentially be affecting your sleep. how long has it been happening, and if you are against drugs,as furryglowstick is, there is a number of homeopathic (pretty sure thats not spelled right) blends that could help you sleep

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »
Oh, yes I forgot about Homeopathic blends. Also i agree with lethe, it's not your fursona. It could be that you suffer from Insomnia. I had that for some time, and yes it sucks.  >:(  It could be too much stress, that was my problem, i think. Try meditation, that's what i did. it wasn't the whole cross legged Bhuda thing. I just took hot baths and let my mind go blank for a while. To stop thinking about what was stressing me out. It helps. Also try to eat more "soul" foods. Milk is one for me. a glass of milk before bed helps me. (of course i am a dog on the inside :D). Hope this helps.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 03:49:27 am »
On the other hand, if you do take your fursona very seriously, perhaps you wake up at odd times because you think you should. It seems weird, but you can actually control sleep more than you might think. For instance, I used to have an alarm clock that I used whenever I needed to be up early, and I got to the point that if I set it, I would wake up before it went off each day, by a few minutes. Sometimes I even found the power had gone out in the night and the clock was reset, but because I expected it to go off, I woke up anyway.

I also tend to sleep quite heavily, and move around a lot in my sleep. Yet, when I'm living on the streets, very quickly I'll start waking up the moment I sense anything moving near me, and I've slept in places like trees without falling out, and on the tops of concrete pipes raised off the ground in order not to get wet, and manage to stay on it all night even though it's round and I usually roll all over the place.

This is all anecdotal of course, but I don't think some people realize just how aware of things we can be in our sleep. If this is something like... you found out your fursona should be awake at night, and suddenly you start waking up in the night, it could well be a mental thing.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »
Hello! I'm new here and was exploring the site, when I saw this, I wanted to say I found this awesome tea, because I've had the same problem off and on  with sleep, but this tea is called 'Celestial seasonings' and it's a wellness tea. It has valerian root in it, some stuff that makes kitties spazz out but has a different effect on peoples... or I guess it would work on furries.... :3 Either that or get a HUGE snuggly pillow! :goldglee:
I just got mai computer fixed!! :D :3
Surrender the peanuts!
ScourgeFur on DeviantArt! :D
:goldlaugh:

Offline Sylvine Srevlis

• The cat among dogs. :)
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 08:51:00 pm »
I've always had nocturnal tendencies like a cat, but I don't know if relating to your fursona is necessarily why one gets insomnia. Perhaps, if that is the case, you can try to convince your mind that it is daytime outside? I sometimes have to force myself to think I'm tired, otherwise I'll stay up all night then fall asleep during the day quite unintentionally and often in weird places (haha, cat-like again). A restless mind plays a big part in it, I've found a lot of mental and physical exercise during the day can help. :)
"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there." - Owl City

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 04:23:21 pm »
i've coped with insomnia quite a lot in my time on this planet, and i can offer a wealth of advice;

- the thing that helps the most is going to bed at the same time every night. human beings are creatures of routine (like many animals) and so our bodies adapt to routine very very quickly. right now, i go to bed at 12 midnight every night and wake up at 8 every day, then finally arise at half 8

- don't take in any stimulants. so no coffee, energy drinks, coke, etc. or anything like that. try not to have anything that's high in any kind of carbohydrate before bed either. diet is the second most important thing in terms of getting a good sleep. if you find yourself sweating a lot during sleep, try to cut as much sugar from your diet as you possibly can.

- exercise. not much at all, just a walk to the shops to get the muscles doing some work would help you sleep nice and soundly.

- if all this doesn't help, then some sleep aids are pretty good. the best i've found is nytol (maybe spelt wrong). it's a herbal medicine made from lettuce and a few other greens. the only problem with these is that when you wake up, you feel -awful-. back when i was bad, i would sleep at 12 midnight and not arise from bed until 1am, and i'd be fairly useless for the day. but if you absolutely need sleep, they're a good temporary solution.

let me know how you get on.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:42:23 pm by Kobuk »
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator