Author Topic: Keeping up with the Furry-ness.  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Flyntz

Keeping up with the Furry-ness.
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:05:27 pm »
Hello everyone, it's been a while since the last time I came up with thread, but I've been wondering for quite some time, how does a furry keeps up with their current lifestyle out there? (I'm talking about important stuff like:Family,Work etc.) It seems a bit difficult for me (probably because I'm still below the 18's) to keep up with my current furry-life, I find it hard to reach some of my goal's(which are the furry one's of course! x_x) I'm talking about: fursuit, paw's, coneventions, meeting up in RL with some fur's around, etc.

I'd just like to know some ideas or tips from the Elite's out there (if that's how I call them :-[).

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Keeping up with the Furry-ness.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 07:12:58 pm »
There's no need to "keep up" with being furry or doing furry stuff. Just "go with the flow" so to speak. Eventually, you'll get a fursuit or go to a convention, etc. It just takes time. ;)

Offline Flyntz

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:31:50 pm »
There's no need to "keep up" with being furry or doing furry stuff. Just "go with the flow" so to speak. Eventually, you'll get a fursuit or go to a convention, etc. It just takes time. ;)

100% agree with that, maybe I'm just too impatient for time to "pass by"  x_x

Offline Amy

• A transsexual kitty ^-^
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:43:12 pm »
My weekdays usually pan out like this:

4:30am: Alarm goes off.
4:50am: Wake up. :)
5:00am: Breakfast, get dressed.
5:15am: Walk to friend's house.
5:40am: Walk with friend to school.
7:00am: Check homework with friend, share furry stuff (funny posts on here, artwork on DA and FA, etc.)
2:20pm: Bus home.
3:00pm: After cooling off, I get on my computer. I catch up on some stuff for my web design club, as I am currently, actually.
6:00pm: In any order, I get off of my computer, have dinner, do my homework (usually 20-30 Trigonometry problems), watch TV with my parents, and read.
9:00-10:00pm: Sleep.

I get my time at school to fiddle with the forums and look at art, and read my drawing book. :)
Skype- amyandrews27

Furry Code

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 09:01:39 pm »
As a great friend once quoted a hobo in an animated child film, "Go with the flow and the flow will go with you." As crazy a character that hobo was, he had some good ideas. As far as my life goes, I tend to ignore the obviously stressful events on my life. I try to jut let things happen and just go down whatever road has been placed in front of me. This may be linked to my beliefs in predestination, but who knows. I do often find myself making mountains out of molehills and getting all worked up over nothing.

(Just yesterday I was freaking out over a schedule change at school. Today I am all better now that I have finalized my decision and finally letting things happen.)

So I say just let whatever is going to happen just happen. Whether bad or good, it's part of your life so why bother getting all upset over it. Take it one day at a time and try to keep your head above water. When you get a job save a few bucks every week or something and in no time you will have enough to commission a fursuit (by the way, I assume you would want to wait till you stopped growing to buy a fursuit anyways :P ). Someday you will get the chance to go to a con. Just keep flowing about and watch for those opportunities. :)
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR