Author Topic: How to ask parents for a collar  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Liamb763

• Generic Wolf
  • Male
How to ask parents for a collar
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:47:54 pm »
Hello, sorry if this post is messy. I'm on a iPad at my sisters house. My birthday is in a couple weeks and I don't have a lot in mind for what I want, and I really want a collar with a name tag. My mom is okay with me being a furry, but she only thinks that I like the art. My dad has no clue that I am a furry, and I don't see him as being accepting of it. What is a good way for me to ask my mom if I can get a collar?
"Sometimes I go to my own little world. They know me there."-Albert Einstein. Fur code:FCWf3a A C- D++ H+ M P+ R- T+++ W-- Z Sm-- RLU a- cn++ d- e-- f- h* i+ j- p+ sm#

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
Re: How to ask parents for a collar
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 10:25:25 pm »
Just ask for it?  See if you can find a specific maker or seller (preferably one that doesn't have... questionable 'b' words on the site.  Tip: anything with rings or chains is probably not going to be parent approved) to link them to, maybe from Etsy.  Alternatively you could ask for a choker and nametag and assemble it yourself.
Here's an Etsy store with some reasonably tasteful collars: http://www.etsy.com/shop/HillTopLeatherShop?ref=seller_info
This one looks really nice: http://www.etsy.com/listing/117876105/stitched-leather-collar-xlarge-20-and-up?ref=shop_home_active
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »
Hello, sorry if this post is messy. I'm on a iPad at my sisters house. My birthday is in a couple weeks and I don't have a lot in mind for what I want, and I really want a collar with a name tag. My mom is okay with me being a furry, but she only thinks that I like the art. My dad has no clue that I am a furry, and I don't see him as being accepting of it. What is a good way for me to ask my mom if I can get a collar?

Your profile says you're 13. At that age, I think you're a little too young for it.

Offline Liamb763

• Generic Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:55:13 am »

Your profile says you're 13. At that age, I think you're a little too young for it.

Huh. Didn't know what the age for it was, because I've seen people in my class who wear collars because they're goth or something like that.
"Sometimes I go to my own little world. They know me there."-Albert Einstein. Fur code:FCWf3a A C- D++ H+ M P+ R- T+++ W-- Z Sm-- RLU a- cn++ d- e-- f- h* i+ j- p+ sm#

Offline Scarlegs

• Hey...Hey kid.....Wanna buy a dishwasher?
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:24:49 pm »
I got my first collar at 13^^
I just asked if I could get a collar for the dogs and then got a third one I liked, bought that and said it was if the dogs collars didn't suit them.
So maybe you could ask for money then a little later ask if you can buy a new collar for the dog/s(This'll only work if you have the same size neck as your dogs,so maybe say it's for your friends dog?)
Or you can just ask for some money(around the same amount as the collar) then sneak to the pets store saying you're looking at the dogs(If the store sells animals, if not say you're looking for a dog bed for yoour pet or something......) then pick out your collar and buy it then put it in your back pack^^ The they'll never know >:D
I wouldn't recommend the super sneaky option because you might get caught!
FF FFD3adm A+ C- D H++ M+ P++++ R- T+++ W Z- Z- Sf-- a- e- f++ h* i++ p++
Here is my DA http://scarlegs.deviantart.com/
#A38CF3 < Just a reminder!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 07:40:27 pm »
at that age? don't, if you really really want one, wait
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Scarlegs

• Female
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 08:08:49 pm »
at that age? don't, if you really really want one, wait
I wore mine around my wrist^^

Offline Liamb763

• Generic Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 10:14:11 pm »
Thanks for all the help, I'll keep this in mind if I decide to ask. I recently learned that when my brother was my age he was goth and wore a dog collar / face paint, so I think they'd be okay if I asked.

Offline Scarlegs

• Female
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 10:16:47 pm »
Thanks for all the help, I'll keep this in mind if I decide to ask. I recently learned that when my brother was my age he was goth and wore a dog collar / face paint, so I think they'd be okay if I asked.
That's good! Keep us updated!

Offline Nagi

• Species: Spider
  • I'm a spider now :3
  • Female
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 06:49:13 am »
I didn't know a certain age was a bad idea to wear a collar. I bought one when I was fifteen and wore it for a while.
I really need to come here more often XP

Offline Xephe Wolf

• Species: Main: Red panda, but sadly I cant change the name of my account to what I want.
  • Always somewhere in the world...
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 06:56:29 am »
my parents would kiiiiilllll me if i wore one.  x_x
People say chuck norris is strong and the best.I don't think so. If he were so strong, then he would
bash my face into the keyboa 6098[]\[]\;[;[[]p0653tipogfcjkt4987348uij!@#$%^*&&&&&&(

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 12:42:20 pm »
I got my first collar at 14, and I just went into a pet store and bought it >w> not a whole lot too it XD
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »
We used to have a dog...still got the collars...*plan formulates*...
Mate of WereCat

Offline Liamb763

• Generic Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 02:13:51 pm »
my parents would kiiiiilllll me if i wore one.  x_x

I saw your post on the collar thread, did your parents kill you or are you keeping it on the down-low?

Offline Jorinda

• Female
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 04:41:16 am »
I didn't know a certain age was a bad idea to wear a collar. I bought one when I was fifteen and wore it for a while.

Teenage kids can be rather cruel. They might tug on the collar or bully you.
When you're a bit older, your friends and classmates will also be more grown-up. Then they won't be that annoying.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:43:16 am by Jorinda »