Author Topic: Just found out my partner is a Furry!!!  (Read 2974 times)

Offline whitewolf13

• Female
Just found out my partner is a Furry!!!
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:38:14 pm »
I am a furry and therian and i somewhat know what its like to have a non-furry partner. for the longest time i didnt know my fiance was a furry. he completely hid it from me. i found out just moments ago actually, discussing a different thread with him. He tells me he is a snow-leopard. I believe he might be a therian too but he won't listen to me when i try to explain wat it is. Is there anyone ouut there that is a therian too that knows how to explain it without seeming like i'm crazy?

There is a therian forum out there. I'm part of it but he won't read any of the post or threads there.

Any advise to your fellow furry?

Offline whitewolf13

• Female
Re: Just found out my partner is a Furry!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »
I feel kinda useless at this time because i don't know how to explain the furry or therian lifestyle to someone who honestly knows nothing about either.

Offline Nagi

• Species: Spider
  • I'm a spider now :3
  • Female
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 12:59:15 am »
I just tell people that therian(or otherkin) is where you believe yourself to be spiritually or logically non human. Just simple, but if you've said that already then im of no help since I cant think of a less crazy sounding way to describe therian.
I really need to come here more often XP

Offline Mylo

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:43:57 am »
What luck. :)

Offline whitewolf13

• Female
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 06:54:32 pm »
Alisa i have actually tried that but its a little more difficult than that for him to understand but thank you

Offline whitewolf13

• Female
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 07:22:46 pm »
i read to him the wikifur meaning to therianthropy and he kind of understands so im gonna leave it go for a while to let him think about it but thank you

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 01:05:47 am »
Otherkin? Like having a spirit animal?

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:33 pm »
Otherkin? Like having a spirit animal?

Yes, in a sense. Otherkin and therianthropy often overlap. Usually Otherkin refer to themselves/spiritual forms as mythical beings, like Unicorns, Dragons, Fae, while therians refer to themselves/spiritual forms as Earth bound creatures (familiar dogs, cats, hooved animals, etc).

I am a furry and therian and i somewhat know what its like to have a non-furry partner. for the longest time i didnt know my fiance was a furry. he completely hid it from me. i found out just moments ago actually, discussing a different thread with him. He tells me he is a snow-leopard. I believe he might be a therian too but he won't listen to me when i try to explain wat it is. Is there anyone ouut there that is a therian too that knows how to explain it without seeming like i'm crazy?

There is a therian forum out there. I'm part of it but he won't read any of the post or threads there.

Any advise to your fellow furry?

Congrats on finding this out, it must be sort of a relief to not feel so alone.  (:

Your fiance will share more with you in time, when he wishes to. If he recently awakened, it may be tough for him to adjust. Or perhaps he's just not ready to discuss it. I wouldn't push the issue, just accept his snow leopard side. :) 
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such