Author Topic: Games you wished existed but dont  (Read 11912 times)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Games you wished existed but dont
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:34:20 am »
There are many games i wished existed like  a new dishonored  or something like. Please discuss below i would love to know your thoughts feel free to ask me my thoughts
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Games you wished existed but dont
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:06:38 am »
a good apocalypse sim that is multiplayer, earth sized world, with crafting, construction. too much stuff to list :/

i pretty much want a VR like irl but after an apocalypse...

Offline Mu Rho Ni

• Male
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:12:15 am »
Call of duty: world at war peace
World of warcraft lovecraft
Grand theft charity auto
Oh wait thats games my mother would wish for
Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. (The real 9th doctor)

Though the morrow is barren of promise ,nothing shall forestall my return. (Genesis FFVII crisis core)

Sir Macaroni. Master of the universe by day. Door to door macaroni salesman by night.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:29:26 am »
Legacy of Kain 6 >.>

Damn cliffhangers.

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 11:20:57 am »
Does it make me a bad person if I say Half Life 3?
But I wanna be a rebel...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:13:52 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Species: Fox, primarily. Bits of wolf, lioness and red panda in the brain too.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 11:35:09 am »
How about a horror-style game that is actually SCARY as opposed to "startling"? That has been a peeve of mine for a while.
"Be true to what you are.  Never hide your true self from anyone.  The moment you do, you stop living and start...existing.  From experience, life loses a lot when you simply...exist"

Archon Snowfur (my wolf side), from the story "Graduation Day, 2190".

"Have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out."

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 01:44:30 pm »
How about a horror-style game that is actually SCARY as opposed to "startling"? That has been a peeve of mine for a while.

I love horror games and I can name you a few that are scary :)!

Silent Hill 2 - If you can get over how god-awful the controls are, which only add to the effect in my opinion, you'll love this story. Very emotional. One of my favorite games.

Deadly Premonition - If you..uhh, wow. This game isn't quite scary. Its voice-acting is god-awful, it's script is just..terrible, early on, and it's very clear it didn't really have very much of a budget, as it looks like a late Ps2-era game. On the other hand, the plot is just incredible and if you can sit through it, it's totally worth it.

Among the Sleep - It's not actually out yet, but it's a survival horror game from the perspective of a two year old child. You can find a short demo on their website.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 02:01:21 pm »

Don't forget Outlast. that game...takes place in a building called Nope and there's a lot of Nope going on there.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 02:16:22 pm »
call of halo theft auto 5

I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 02:26:43 pm »
How would you even play that?

The Mass Elder Scrolls Effect
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »

Don't forget Outlast. that game...takes place in a building called Nope and there's a lot of Nope going on there.

That's uhh, quite possibly the definition of games that are startling, not scary. Besides, it got Amnesia'd. Everybody did a let's play, nobody takes it seriously.

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 02:38:42 pm »

no idea

gears of titan star cause 7
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 03:13:48 pm »

That's uhh, quite possibly the definition of games that are startling, not scary. Besides, it got Amnesia'd. Everybody did a let's play, nobody takes it seriously.

I just found it rather horrifying, because all the other "horror" games are like, here's weapons kill the huge evil thing chancing you. Where as Outlast is more like. Here is a video record with night vision. don't get caught. However Bethesda does have The Evil within coming soon.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 06:43:35 pm »
I just found it rather horrifying, because all the other "horror" games are like, here's weapons kill the huge evil thing chancing you. Where as Outlast is more like. Here is a video record with night vision. don't get caught. However Bethesda does have The Evil within coming soon.

God knows Silent Hill 1-4, Resident Evils 1-3, Illbleed, Amnesia, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Among the Sleep, Clocktower 1 and 2, Fatal Frame, Pathologic, Higurashi, Haunting Ground, and Siren are all games about shooting things with big guns.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 07:40:37 pm »
Chromehounds 2 really wished they continued the series :/

Half Life 3

Portal 3

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 08:22:56 pm »
The World

The game which the .HACK series are set.
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 09:42:54 pm »
haha all of these sound good tooooooo baddddd the donnnnnntttt exissst :'( all of these sound awesome  :)
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Mu Rho Ni

• Male
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 09:58:56 pm »

no idea

gears of titan star cause 7
How about the completely remastered call of super mario dark borderhalo 5 1/2 remastered exclusively for the wiibox station elite 5 
Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. (The real 9th doctor)

Though the morrow is barren of promise ,nothing shall forestall my return. (Genesis FFVII crisis core)

Sir Macaroni. Master of the universe by day. Door to door macaroni salesman by night.

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Species: Fox, primarily. Bits of wolf, lioness and red panda in the brain too.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »

I love horror games and I can name you a few that are scary :)!

Silent Hill 2 - If you can get over how god-awful the controls are, which only add to the effect in my opinion, you'll love this story. Very emotional. One of my favorite games.

Deadly Premonition - If you..uhh, wow. This game isn't quite scary. Its voice-acting is god-awful, it's script is just..terrible, early on, and it's very clear it didn't really have very much of a budget, as it looks like a late Ps2-era game. On the other hand, the plot is just incredible and if you can sit through it, it's totally worth it.

Among the Sleep - It's not actually out yet, but it's a survival horror game from the perspective of a two year old child. You can find a short demo on their website.

I played Silent Hill 2 and LOVED it. That was the last game to actually scare the bejeebus out of me. I own the majority of the others...but 2 really did a number on me.

I've seen Let's Plays of Outlast and it looks cool, but is more startling than actual scary. I blame Adam and Joel from Achievement Hunter for making me jump though. Good Let's Play. ^.^

Played and own Fatal Frame 1-2 (okay, but not scary to me), Resident Evil 1-6(Nemesis STILL makes me freak when I hear it speak), Amnesia: The Dark Descent (not impressed), Cal of Cth'ulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (good game, but takes some getting used to), and Haunting Ground (not really scary).

I'm waiting for "The Evil Within" from Bethesda, as that seems like a real horror game.

To summarize: if a game can't spawn nightmares in my hyperactive imagination, then to me, it's not scary enough. Silent Hill 2 STILL pops up in my brain...almost a decade after I've played it.
"Be true to what you are.  Never hide your true self from anyone.  The moment you do, you stop living and start...existing.  From experience, life loses a lot when you simply...exist"

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 12:53:58 am »
Oh, and R.A.! The first Condemned was fantastic.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 01:07:41 am »

Stranger's Wraith 2... or even better...

The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot.

R.I.P. Oddworld...  :'(

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Male
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 10:23:26 am »
Oh, and R.A.! The first Condemned was fantastic.

Yes...yes it was. The sequel...not so much. ^.^

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 12:46:34 pm »
Mirrors Edge 2

A zombie survival game which is free roam, large, difficult, non-linear and has good graphics, good interaction!......and isn't Day Z ^-^
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 02:52:28 pm »
Holy Beast Online ... NA Server

It was a mmo that I was lucky enough to get to play before thy closed down the NA server ... I was really sad faced about it as It was the only MMO that I was super high level, leader of a big guild and all around awesome on. Even though I solo'd most of my game it .. it was still amazing... and .... and I had wolf ears and a tail and could turn into a little chibi wolf :<

I need to see if the JP server is still open ... because I don't wanna join the Chinese server or Taiwanese server ...
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:28 am »
..Amnesia: The Dark Descent (not impressed)..

I think this just shows that "scary" is a relative term.  I thought that Amnesia: The Dark Descent was, for me, very scary.  I spent hours cowering in darkness, and running from things I did not dare look at.  Now Amnesia: The Machine of Pigs, wasn't even really all that startling..  Very nice atmosphere, and cool story but not scary.

The F.E.A.R games, especially the early ones got me too.  Though their effect was through pacing, putting you through the supernatural stuff until it is just about to be routine, then moving to fighting the clones, then switching back just before that became boring.  It kept me off balance an heightened the fear.

Anyway, that is all off topic.  I want to see a new Homeworld game.  RTS 3d spaceship combat with ships ranging from fighters to capital ships, with fighting formations that actually work?  Sign me up!