Author Topic: Ultraviolet OOC  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
Ultraviolet OOC
« on: March 29, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »
The year is 2046. The US has been cast into a nuclear winter after a 30 year war with North Korea. Well, not AFTER the war. The war is still being fought, and fighter jets still fly through the sky, off to fight in the war that seemingly never ends. But the military seems to have forgotten about their country, and the people who still survive on American soil. The country has some safe havens, like Petersburg, or Anvil Falls. But mutated furs, exposed to the radiation and no longer recognizable, roam the frozen landscape, just waiting for their next meal.

You reside in the state of Vermont, near the intersection of Highway 7 and 9. Petersburg is about 45 miles northeast of the intersection, Anvil Falls is about 25 miles south at the border of Vermont and Massachusetts, and Radia is about 60 miles east, at the intersection of Highway 9 and Interstate 91.
There are numerous theories furs have developed, theories of where to go to be saved from the frozen wasteland. One is Albany. There are rumors of furs with working planes, and that some are willing to fly people down to as far as Florida, where the nuclear winter is said to have been canceled out by the warm weather. Others say that the military base in Hartford, Connecticut takes people to a military base in Europe. But, people who go to the military base never return, and it’s impossible to know what their fate is. The final one is by far the most attempted and logical escape plan though: Canada. Nobody knows if Canada is still neutral, or if it has taken a side. There are many unknown things about this route, actually. Whether Canada takes refugees, whether the turrets on the border are hostile or not, whether the rangers on the other side of the border are hostile or not. But one thing is certain: The 30 foot tall electric fence on the country’s border does its job well.  

Map: http://i.imgur.com/qcbBLu1.png

Colonies

1. Petersburg:
 Under a hologram generating dome. After the war, amnesiacs were administered to the population of the small town. The population, with the help of the amnesiacs and the dome, are completely oblivious to the state of the outside world, and believe that the year still is 2016. Town is kept warm by a large heat generator positioned on the top of the dome. In an invader situation, the thermal magnifiers positioned on the dome can concentrate heat on said invaders, burning them alive. Because of this, the colony is well defended, but nearly inaccessible to any outsiders. This does have consequences, anyone from the town does not have access to any "high-tech" technology, or any augmentations. Some say that this is a good thing, since they are trained in using old fashioned methods of work that, to the technology reliant outsiders, seems incredibly resourceful. Furs coming from Petersburg are usually good in their occupation, but are untrained in everything else; anyone coming from Petersburg who has not been trained in combat will be utterly incapable of defending themselves. Most people think Petersburg would make a good salvation from the frozen wasteland outside, but anyone who can see it from an outside perspective know it’s only a matter of time before their resources run out. In fact, they’re already resorting to sending civilians who have never seen the likes of the outside world into that icy hell, to retrieve supplies. Petersburg only has a few people who could function as Energizers and Gladiators, but these people can normally learn their trade fast once they realize they have to learn it for a reason.

2. Anvil Falls:
Anvil falls is considered the most rewarding of the colonies. It’s also considered the most hostile. Anvil falls is located in an underground bunker. Nearby is the huge crater where a nuke was dropped, in an attempt to destroy the bunker. The bomb destroyed most of it, as well as killed or scared off the original inhabitants. In the explosion, the steam generator burst, and the lower levels were flooded with boiling hot water. 5 years later, after the nuclear winter was set into effect, it was discovered by Dunveil, the founder of Anvil Falls and leader of the Raptors, those who live in Anvil Falls. The Raptors are more like a tribe than a colony. They have grown to use the Greek system of mythology, and have set up shrines to gods such as Zeus, or Aphrodite. Despite all of their superstitions, they are very blatantly the most prepared of the colonies. With the survival and combat handbooks left behind in the bunker, they have mastered the art of gunsmithing and military tactics. That, paired with the radiation-proof, fire-proof, water-proof, cold-proof, and nearly everything-proof “Titan suits” left behind in the bunker make them nearly invulnerable. Sadly, they have little to no medical knowledge, and the few medics they have are considered cowards, for not putting all their energy into learn combat. Raptors of all occupation have advanced combat knowledge due to their intense training with normal ammunition weapons. However, due to the date which the bunker was created in, they have no knowledge of energy weapons. Anvil Falls lacks Medics, Gladiators, and Energizers, but has plentiful Engineers, Soldiers, and Special Weapons Men.

3. Radia:
The dump of the safe havens. It used to be a large, respectable city until it was leveled by a nuke. The few survivors developed major mutations after staying in their hometown. For most of the town’s history, it was run by the mayor of the town, who stayed in office, even after the bomb hit. However, after he ordered the execution of all with non-helpful mutations, he was quickly and forcefully removed from office, and was discovered to have acquired radiation induced insanity. Now, most people with non-helpful mutations stay in the town, and participate in one of the three industries the town prides itself in: Medical work, Gladiator battles, and Energy Weapons. The mutants in Radia have engineered the radioactive soil to serve as a medical device, as well as using some of the mutate plants in the area for the same purpose. Gladiator battles are pretty self-explanatory. Some of the more powerful mutants go into the crater of the nuke and fight it out with state of the art melee weapons, until one dies. It is a bit dumb, but radiation has its ups and downs. Finally, due to the high amount of irradiated materials in the town, energy weapon sales are high, and despite the town’s sheer unpleasantness, it’s the number one place to refuel on energy cells. Radia is home to some of the best Medics, Gladiators, and Energizers in the state.

Weapons

Usable by all occupations:

Slashback: Pistol (secondary), reliant on sheer firing speed and accuracy. https://i.imgur.com/sZpk7hS.jpg

Pipedream: Pistol (secondary), what it lacks in firing speed, mag capacity, and accuracy, it makes up for in raw power. https://i.imgur.com/lkZhf4O.jpg

HeatStroke: Thermal Pistol (secondary), literally melts people, Damage starts off low and gets higher over time (requires long holding of the trigger to actually do considerable damage), doesn’t require ammo but needs a short recharging period between shots (low fire rate), good accuracy, http://i.imgur.com/2Tt8Mx5.jpg

4RACH-N1D: Assault rifle (primary), fully automatic, average rate of fire, low recoil, high accuracy, bullets do little damage, universal mag allows it to use most all types of bullets, small magazine. http://i.imgur.com/I1yMHmv.png

Timestopper: Assault Rifle (primary), semi-automatic, high recoil, high accuracy, bullets do great damage. http://i.imgur.com/ESeyFPY.jpg

Thundershell 3.0: Shotgun (primary), pump action (faster firing), uses a magazine which contains shells, sharpened pellets that sense which direction they are moving and gyrate to impale the target. http://i.imgur.com/ocU4HO8.png

Bl-UnT: Shotgun (primary), lever action (slower firing), shells must be loaded individually like in your average shotgun, shells contain thousands of small “nano-pellets” which send out a disintegrating shockwave upon firing the gun. http://i.imgur.com/Fs7jcnu.jpg

P3PP3r: Submachine gun (primary), low accuracy, large magazine, high rate of fire, low recoil, average damage http://i.imgur.com/MHw5jBI.jpg

Boilgun: Laser Submachine Gun (primary), High accuracy, low damage, uses hard to find energy cells as ammunition, small magazine, low recoil, High rate of fire http://i.imgur.com/P4ASWjB.jpg

Occupation Specific Weaponry:

Sizzler: Biohazard Hose Gun (primary), usable only by Medics, fires a constant stream of toxic sludge, toxic sludge incapacitates target after a period of disorientation, relatively small mag due to the hose firing effect http://i.imgur.com/2kXZRJ6.jpg

Puffchamber: Concentrated gas Pistol (Secondary), Usable only by Medics, shoots a small cloud of gas at sonic speed towards a target, gas induces hallucinations on the target and eventually disorients them as well, firing does not make any noise, must be reloaded with a gas cartridge after each shot (slow rate of fire) http://i.imgur.com/nmeH66L.jpg

Bigshot: Sniper Rifle (primary), usable only by Soldiers, High damage, High accuracy, low rate of fire, bolt action, special scope and precision barrel allow the user to hit targets as far as 5 kilometers away, scope has a built in range finder, high recoil http://i.imgur.com/lXH6yUV.jpg

Burn-up Mk. 5: Flamethrower (primary), usable only by Soldiers, relatively large magazine, tank unit on the users back contains fuel, shoots a constant stream of flame, flames do high damage on impact, and continue to do continuous damage after contact with flames, short range http://i.imgur.com/PhyzqBL.jpg

N0W-U-C-M3: Wormhole Pistol (Secondary), Usable only by Energizers, uses hard to find energy cells as ammunition, shots cause the target to disappear through a wormhole, small magazine, fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, average accuracy http://i.imgur.com/kMIf31Y.jpg

Thunderstorm: Shock Assault Rifle (Primary), usable only by Energizers, uses hard to find energy cells as ammunition, fires a constant bolt of electricity until magazine runs out, relatively large magazine, bolt seeks out the nearest target and stays on it as long as it is in sight (Good accuracy in an open area, bad in a crowded area), high damage http://i.imgur.com/swU30Zr.jpg

VioletSurf: Plasma Shotgun (Primary), usable only by Energizers, uses hard to find energy cells as ammunition, plasma pellets turn whatever it hits into a heated goo, goo can be contained in proper containment consoles and be further used as ammunition if placed in an energy cell, semi-automatic, Fast firing speed, average magazine capacity http://i.imgur.com/NzyFWJz.jpg

Thumper: Vacuum Submachine Gun (Primary), Usable only by Energizers, uses a vacuum compressor unit which has to be carried separately (connected to gun by a tube), average accuracy, high damage, vacuum bubbles are fired and tug on whatever they hit, tugging can spaghettify a target, negative recoil (gun is pulled whenever it is being fired) http://i.imgur.com/ueuVOvq.jpg

G-Hammer: Gravity Warhammer (Primary), Usable only by Gladiators, whatever touches the head of the hammer experiences a roughly 40 G attraction to the head of the hammer, crushing the target http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AOWBrM_RXlc/UPcQxUQhCoI/AAAAAAAAAus/HqIaRlRlHn4/s320/Weapon3-WarhammerFinal+copy.png

Newton Sabre: Anti-Physical-Laws Sword (Primary), usable only by Gladiators, sword speeds up as it is being swung, to about 10x the average swing speed. Caution is advised. http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2012/08/26__16_08_10/Signature_Dark.jpgb7fa7b26-4041-4bca-933c-dee13e281a1bLarge.jpg

(I do plan on adding some more weapons)

Occupations

Medic: Fairly self-explanatory. The medic heals others when they are wounded, and does well in groups. However, the medic also has another function. They can wield bio weapons, such as the Sizzler, which do little damage, but debuff the target.
   Special Equipment Options: Medkit; syringes which offer temporary healing, but effects wear off in about an hour

Engineer: The engineer can built structures, such as turrets or shield generators. These structures are formed from a digital materializer, or digimat, which constructs these out of thin air. Of course, this has its disadvantages: the power of a turret or the strength of a shield is unmatched, but the turret or shield generator itself can barely take a hit without having to shut down for a couple minutes to rebuild itself.
   Special Equipment: Turret Digimat; Force Field Digimat

Energizer: The energizer is able to use a larger variety of energy weapons. In addition, they can also use state of the art personal defense items. The Quake Glove allows a single punch from an Energizer to have enough power to break bone, and the user doesn’t even break a sweat. The Hexaplain Defense System stops bullets in midair, but a single shot from a non-bullet weapon can take the entire system offline.
   Special Equipment: Quake Glove, Hexaplain Defense System

Soldier: Soldiers are suited for combat and combat alone. They are able to hold a second primary weapon, and have state of the art body armor. They also have exclusive knowledge on how to work the Bigshot Sniper Rifle, and the Burn-Up Flamethrower (note that the flamethrower, due to its sheer size, will count as two primaries). Finally, they are equipped with a Grenade Pocket-Digimat, which supplies them with an infinite supply of a specified type of grenade, only requiring a small cooldown.
   Special Equipment: Grenade Pocket-Digimat; Flashbang Pocket-Digimat; Incendiary Grenade Pocket-Digimat

Gladiator: Gladiators are basically the heavy class. They use oversized medieval weapons, such as war hammers and swords. However, most of these have a technological twist on them. For example, the G-Hammer uses an increased gravitational pull to crush anything that’s unlucky enough to touch it. On top of this, Gladiators are usually more resistant to injury.
   Special Equipment: N/A

Special Weapons: Exactly what it sounds like. The special weapons occupation is basically everything extra that you’d need in the soldier. The special weapons can drive vehicles, for example. But, what the occupation is named for is its special equipment. The Special Weapons Man can have either The Hallelujah 2.0 Rocket Launcher in its special equipment slot, or it can hold the Deadly Metal LMG. Both are equally destructive, in the right circumstances.
   Special Equipment: Rocket Launcher, LMG

Rules:

No Godmoding. EVER.
My word is law.
Take care not to argue with others, and await my word on the situation.
Know your limits on blood and gore.

Character Sheet

Name:
Species:
Weight:
Appearance and Clothes:
Primary Weapon:
Secondary Weapon:
Special Equipment:
Augmentation:
Starting Colony:

(I’m not sure how well this will go, it’s very risky on my part, to be honest. So, just a warning, I may or may not give up on this sometime, and this may or may not die quickly)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:15:32 am by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Re: Ultraviolet
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:23:12 pm »
okay, first of all, let me say a few things

1. this is GENIUS, the storyline is interesting, the weapons are interesting and i feel, balanced (plus i love the names), and all in all i find the occupations well thought out

2. i might be interested in playing this, but can i play a mutant?

3. what is the "quest" wed be doing? Just surviving?
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Wooden Skull

• WE ARE A JUSTICE SANDWICH -- NO TOPPINGS NECESSARY
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:44:51 pm »
I'm absolutely in love with this.
It's really unique and I'm excited to see where this goes, so mind if I make a character sheet?
I don't think he's done...

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:59:13 pm »
okay, first of all, let me say a few things

1. this is GENIUS, the storyline is interesting, the weapons are interesting and i feel, balanced (plus i love the names), and all in all i find the occupations well thought out

2. i might be interested in playing this, but can i play a mutant?

3. what is the "quest" wed be doing? Just surviving?

2. Give me the details, and we'll see.

3. Exploring, finding your way away from nuclear winter, but I'd suggest not to do that yet, because, you will get horribly mauled.

Edit: Well it depends on what level of mutant you mean. Are you talking a hostile mutant, roaming the wasteland? Because pretty much everyone in Radia is also a mutant.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:33:39 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 07:16:49 pm »
It's really unique and I'm excited to see where this goes, so mind if I make a character sheet?

Go right ahead!  :)
GameMaster Status!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 07:17:16 pm »
Well Aryd, it looks like you're idea is a winner.  I guess this means i'll have my hands full doing behind the scenes work.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 09:14:04 pm »
Also, how did you get so many colors on the gun maker?

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 09:18:14 pm »
I looked up the HEX codes for different colors
GameMaster Status!

Offline Wooden Skull

• Male
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 10:53:27 pm »

Go right ahead!  :)

Character Sheet

Name: Richard Pneum
Height: 5'11
Weight: Average
Appearance and Clothes: Richard covers himself from head to toe in warped metal painted (or perhaps rusted) a dark brown. Even his visor is obscured by LED lights that blare out in the direction he's looking. Some think the canine does this to hide his hideously-disfigured skin, others say that he believes a few bent pieces of scrap metal will protect him out in the frigid wastes. Only Richard is sure, and he can't bring himself to stop muttering frantically to tell. He walks with a slight hunch, constantly peeking over his shoulder and gripping the handle of his tools, ready to turn around and swing at the imaginary attackers he believes are out to get him.
Special Equipment: Digimat Turret
Weapon: Pipedream
Starting Colony: Radia
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:57:32 am by Wooden Skull »

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 11:06:09 pm »

Character Sheet

Appearance and Clothes: Richard covers himself from head to toe in warped metal painted (or perhaps rusted) a dark brown. Even his visor is obscured by LED lights that blare out in the direction he's looking. Some think the canine does this to hide his hideously-disfigured skin, others say that he believes a few bent pieces of scrap metal will protect him out in the frigid wastes. Only Richard is sure, and he can't bring himself to stop muttering frantically to tell. He walks with a slight hunch, constantly peeking over his shoulder and gripping the handle of his tools, ready to turn around and swing at the imaginary attackers he believes are out to get him.

Sorry, what species would you be? Forgot to add that in the char sheet.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Wooden Skull

• Male
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 11:31:38 pm »

Character Sheet

Sorry, what species would you be? Forgot to add that in the char sheet.

Doberman, sorry. Forgot to list that.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 12:24:03 pm »
Ok, then accepted.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 12:57:57 pm »
would it be possible to fill the puffchamber cartridges with something other than said gas?
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 01:06:34 pm »
Hrm... only if you get this gas ICly, not start off with it.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »
Ooop. I almost forgot to mention something.

Augmentations:

Augmentations are basically what they sound like. Pieces of technology implemented into the user, so they can have some advantage. These could include things like aiming augmentations, bionic arm augmentations for more strength, etc. But, if one of these augmentations were to malfunction, the user would lose the power to do what the augmentation enhanced completely; people with aiming augmentations would be blind, people with strength augmentations would not be able to move their arms, etc.  People are only allowed to have one of these augmentations. People in Petersburg don't have access to these augmentations, while some of the mutations on the people of Radia can act as a secondary augmentation.

I'm adding this to the character card. Wooden Skull, if you want an augmentation, just add it to you char card, and I'll have to re-approve it.
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 11:39:23 pm »
I'll take part, need time to pick who to use.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 07:57:49 am »
can I take two secondaries in place of my primary slot?
in other words dual weild for primary slot, then have a secondary slot for a third weapon?
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Wooden Skull

• Male
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 09:10:54 pm »
So around how many players are we going to search for before we begin? Do you have a goal for player number or just whenever it feels best?

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 10:16:59 pm »
So around how many players are we going to search for before we begin? Do you have a goal for player number or just whenever it feels best?
Whenever we have a reasonable amount I suppose.

can I take two secondaries in place of my primary slot?
in other words dual weild for primary slot, then have a secondary slot for a third weapon?

Sure, go ahead. Just not sure how much firepower you'll be packing. This may also not turn out to be very good for accuracy.
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 11:56:43 am »
Name: Jeordie Acuna
Species: Tyto Owl
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: average for his height.
Appearance and Clothes: White base feathers with dark brown and honey details (his wings, the circle around his face) Wears green cargos with the knees torn out of them, slightly worn army boots, dark vest with many straps both for carrying and for looks unzipped to an old Shinedown t-shirt with the sleeves torn off.
Primary Weapon: Thunderstorm
Secondary Weapon: Slashback
Special Equipment: Quake Glove
Augmentation: Robotic implants in his arms which allow him to use his wings to hover and move abnormally fast. If the implants fail, they cause severe pain in his arms.
Starting Colony: Petersburg.

will fill out as I get time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:20:58 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 12:22:05 pm »
Name:sphix
Species:wolf
Height:5'9"
Weight:200
Appearance and Clothes:big, mean looking, sphix usually dresses pretty simple, khakis and a tee shirt in some earth tone or other o match his dull gray and dusty brown fur.
Primary Weapon:4RACH-N1D
Secondary Weapon:pipedream
Special Equipment:Deadly Metal LMG
Augmentation:natural dermal armor
Starting Colony:Anvil falls

(where do I put my weapons)

Name:Sway
Species:weasel
Height:4'6"
Weight:79 pounds
Appearance and Clothes:sway tends to wear dark colors, but he mostly sticks to shorts and stays shirtless unless he can find some armor, his fur is a stark white and it doesn't hide very well, he used some dye e made to put a cross on his back (red cross type cross, not christian type cross)
Primary Weapon:slashback/ puffchamber dual weild
Secondary Weapon:heatsroke
Special Equipment: Medkit
Augmentation:none for now
Starting Colony:Anvil falls
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:43:46 pm by whtwolf »

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 03:19:04 pm »
(where do I put my weapons)

DOH! Ok... added to the card, T-Yoshi, Wooden Skull, go ahead and add that stuff...  :-[
GameMaster Status!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 12:32:50 pm »
whtwolf, both chars accepted. BTW, these "Titan suits" I spoke off. Just think of these, they're the closest thing I could find to what I was thinking of. http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5202/newrogue.jpg
GameMaster Status!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 12:44:54 pm »
well, mainly the big guy runs offence while I help him out, watch his back, do what I can to heal him.

Edi: btw, the big guy is mute

Offline Wooden Skull

• Male
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 05:09:21 pm »
I'm ready and waiting.