Author Topic: Ga'Hoole IC  (Read 2921 times)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Re: Ga'Hoole IC
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 04:36:02 pm »
Nidine instantly felt a little sunken for what she'd heard "Sorry...I guess I shouldn't have asked. Memories can be painful...I should know." Her bad talon was hurting again and she was standing on only her good talon now.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 10:33:51 pm »
Rivena nodded. "He doesn't like talking about it... He talks about how much it hurt him, emotionally when he left. He said that he had some chicks on the way, and a mate. He just... abandoned them... I normally agree with what he thinks, but not that..." She seemed to shrink to half her size as her feathers pressed up against her body.
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 10:21:02 am »
Ansin nodded. "There is a chance, but it's slim to none. She'd have to keep spoon-feeding them information. She's probably being kept as a prisoner, if she's still alive." He looked up at the Elf Owl, and flew up to his branch. He knew that Sezod wouldn't be able to do much to him in a fight, he had been trained by the best. "As for that last question... I learned from experience..."

Experience? thought Sezod.  He wondered what he meant by that.  But he figured there would be time for an explanation later.  "Where would she be, if she is?" he asked.
Mate of Furenzied

I haz an FA now: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/werecat01/

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 03:52:40 pm »
Ansin frowned at the small owl. "If I told you, you'd go there and get yourself killed, wouldn't you?" He knew that Sezod would last less than a second in the sights of the sentries guarding the Pure Ones' base.
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2014, 08:42:03 pm »
Sezod, not fully knowing the reality of what he was talking about, responded, "Why are you so sure that would happen?  If you know so much about them, surely you'd know how to defeat them, right?  Or at least get by them?"
Mate of Furenzied

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 08:47:34 pm »
Ansin seemed a bit frinked off with this owl now. "I know this stuff happens because I watched it happen. The reason I always got in is because those idiot birds have roughly enough brains not to attack superior officers. Hate to break it to you, but there isn't any 'defeating' these owls."
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2014, 09:56:23 pm »
"Superior officers?" Sezod said, in awe, "...So... you're one of them?  Then you would know better than anyone..." Not willing to let hope die, however, Sezod grasped desperately for something.  "But... What if there was a way to get her out, though?  If there's even a chance.  I'm not going to just forget about her and let her go... She wouldn't do that to me, and I wouldn't do that to her.  If there's anything that can be done, anything at all, I'll take the risk."
Mate of Furenzied

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2014, 10:10:31 pm »
Ansin sighed. This owl was very persistent. "The only thing I can suggest is trying to learn something valuable too. There's the Glauxian Brother's retreat, but that's all the way up in the Northern kingdoms. I'd think you could learn anything you need there. I'll even go there with you if you need me to, you seem to really care about your sister."

"WHAT!?!" Rivena squawked. She flew out right in front of Ansin. "Why are you just dropping all your plans to help this owl you barely know? We were going to Silverveil!" Ansin seemed stunned, staring at her wide eyed for the longest time.
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 10:13:48 pm »
"Um..." said Sezod, suddenly feeling awkward, "So... how long will it take to get there?  And what will I need to know?"
Mate of Furenzied

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2014, 10:18:12 pm »
Nidine heard Silverveil mentioned and she flew out to the others "Wait...Silverveil? I was born and raised there, I could come with you." she offered.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2014, 12:26:09 am »
Rivena angrily turned her head 180 degrees to look at Nidine. "We're not going there anymore, apparently." She snapped, now angrily glaring up at Ansin.

The Barn Owl quickly regained his composure. "We have nothing of great importance to do in Silverveil, Rivena. This owl has lost his sister, don't you think we should help him?"
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2014, 03:53:33 pm »
"If it isn't too personal," asked Sezod, "what were you going to do in Silverveil?  I'm sorry to interrupt your plans, but, this isn't exactly something that can wait for very long, I don't think."
Mate of Furenzied

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2014, 03:57:48 pm »
Nidine simply hopped back a little "Oh well forgive me for trying to help...good Glaux..."

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 04:01:20 pm »
Rivena turned to Sezod, still quite upset. "We were going to find a place to settle down." She paused, then quickly said. "NOT WITH EACH OTHER. Sorry, should've clarified that…" She seemed to shrink down.

Ansin blinked down at Sezod now. "It should take quite a while to get up to the Glauxian Brothers, and you'll have to stay there for a while, studying. So, we'll need to go soon. He turned down to Rivena. "You can either come with us, or stay behind."

Rivena backed up, still seeming very small as her feather pressed up against her body. "Yes… I'm coming…"

Ansin then turned to Nidine. "Did you want to come, as well? It'll be a long flight."
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2014, 04:17:30 pm »
"I'm ready to go now," said Sezod, "the sooner, the better.  I'm sorry to have gotten in the way of your plans with each other, but if this wasn't important, I wouldn't impose like this."
Mate of Furenzied

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2014, 04:22:34 pm »
"I guess i'll come along, not much better for me to do at the moment." Nidine answered. "Besides, I'm good to have around in a fight."

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2014, 06:34:33 pm »
Ansin nodded. "Ok then, let's go." Ansin spread his wings and flew off, heading northeast, towards the Northern Kingdoms. Rivena, stared up at him, as he flew off, and quickly flew off after him.
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2014, 10:19:01 pm »
Feeling unsure, but also that this would be his best - maybe his only - chance of rescuing his sister, if that were at all possible, Sezod took off to join Ansin.  He didn't know how long the journey would take, but he went along anyway, preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best.  Glaux help us, he thought to himself.
Mate of Furenzied

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2014, 12:12:42 am »
(T-Yoshi, I'm just gonna assume you're coming.)

The group flew on for the rest of the night. The sun began to rise as the arrived over the Beaks. Ansin turned around, and looked at the others. He then spoke to Sezod "Do you want to rest, maybe find a hollow, and continue of at tween time?"
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2014, 09:22:00 am »
Sezod couldn't deny that he was tired - he had never flown for this long without resting before - but, in his mind, any second wasted was another second of potential hope lost.  "I'll... manage," he struggled out between exhausted gasps, "How much... longer... do we have... to go?"
Mate of Furenzied

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2014, 09:55:29 am »
Nidine could see the trip was wearing on everyone a bit "It may be best if we stop and rest for now...after all, a tired traveler could soon be a dead one."

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2014, 03:54:53 pm »
Ansin turned to look at the ground. "It looks like the Beaks… So, still a pretty long way to go…" He looked back at Sezod. "I really think it would be best to land, we don't want to get mobbed by crows."

GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2014, 04:08:12 pm »
Try as he might to make it look otherwise, Sezod, in reality, couldn't hold out much longer.  "Alright..." he spat out between gasps, "if... you think it... would be best."
Mate of Furenzied

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2014, 11:41:57 am »
This thread locked by Aryd's request.
oldrabbit.com