Author Topic: Aurora's Light(IC)  (Read 7206 times)

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Re: Aurora's Light(IC)
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 02:16:54 pm »
Bernard heard the lookout's shouts and pulled out his telescope and extended it, still looking quite ill. He inspected the ship through the spyglass for a few moments, pulling it away with a slight grin, "Now THAT's a ship!" He shouted to the rudder man, who responded by shooting him a rather unhappy glare.

Bernard hurried to make himself somewhat presentable, ran to collect his hat and his jacket, and buttoned his shirt, looking a little full of himself if not a little nervous too.

"Tarquin!" He shouted, "Go get some of that coffee! The good one I brought back from that expedition on one of father's southbound ships!........And be quick damn it!"

The ursine then ordered the ship to be slowed, and waited patiently.
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 02:38:28 pm »
The massive Galleon pulled alongside Bernard's ship, and slowed, her mages casting spells to hold it alongside at a steady pace to match the smaller ship's motion and speed on the waves. her first mate appeared at the ship's rail and called down to bernard, "Permission for the Knight-Duke Adrian, Imperial Ambassador of the Phoenix Empire, To come Aboard your Vessel?" he called, in a loud voice heard clearly on the waves. Simply from what Bernard could make out, these were the real deal. the first mate was clad in blue-steel plate, with a blue cloak behind him and a longsword at his waist. The imperial seal was clearly visible on his breastplate.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 10:07:07 pm »
Cortney slinked out of the meeting and managed to 'find' a few new swords and daggers. "This is going to come back to bite them in the arse, but I don't mind feeding off their coin." Cortney hurriedly made his way to his ship. Giving out a few of the weapons he 'found' to his crew. "Alright, Crew I haven't decided where we are going with this, but first we'll see where the coin is best!" His crew let out a cheer and they soon set sail, the port grew smaller the further they got. Cortney let out a sigh and turned his attention to the helm as the waves licked the sides of his ship, The Crimson Lance
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 10:37:16 pm »
(Um Wht... 7 years would still be after Aurora was born... You made it seem like he faked his death before that...)

"I'm sorry child..." The Mage said in his office, after he had dismissed the guards. "I truly am... But Empress Rhine has her hands in everything, my family included... If I don't do what she says..." He sighed and shook his head. "If I remove your restraints, will you run? I have to run some simple tests; they won't hurt..."

"Good point." Diana said. "Change of plans; the men I have en route to Molten Core will be rerouted to Icegate, along with everyone else's troops. It is the only thing between us and Lupirnen, from which we can push inland toward Molten core. Our combined forces should have no problem taking Icegate, then Lupirnen. The trouble will occur on the way to Molten core... We will have to cross the desert. I will meet you on the edge of the desert itself to strategize." She thought for a moment and nodded. She had decided on his usefulness and made a strange motion with her hand; one he wouldn't recognize. She was laying the first layer of a complex lust magic; reinforcing her control over him. "I'll see you then, Lord..." She turned and walked away, exaggerating swaying her hips to reinforce her magic layer. "I must find a Mage."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 11:16:25 pm »
(I did? How?I certainly didn't mean to)
"well now, acting a little more like yourself as usual" he propped his arm up on a nearby table in an arm wrestling position "just like old times?" he quirked an eyebrow, challenging her.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 11:24:35 pm »
(Are we about to RP an arm wrestling match?)

Prowl stopped and turned around, thinking. After a moment, she nodded and took his hand, setting her elbow on the table as well. "You were never able to beat me before, what makes you think you can now?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 12:26:02 am »
(yes and i'm laughing my butt off imagining the guards's expressions)
"the streets change a man..." he had a really somber look on his face looking away from her, when he looked over to see her reaction, their eyes met and he bursted out laughing. after he had caught his breath he sat back up "Okay...one....two...three" 
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 12:35:27 am »
Blades looked down as they walked "King Justin...one last thing you need to know...I do have a personal stake in this fight. It's thanks to the Veran that my father is dead. I truly want to seem all bleed..." he sounded a bit dark but determined. Leilani looked a bit surprised, she'd always thought he was at peace with what happened...guess she was wrong.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »
The massive Galleon pulled alongside Bernard's ship, and slowed, her mages casting spells to hold it alongside at a steady pace to match the smaller ship's motion and speed on the waves. her first mate appeared at the ship's rail and called down to bernard, "Permission for the Knight-Duke Adrian, Imperial Ambassador of the Phoenix Empire, To come Aboard your Vessel?" he called, in a loud voice heard clearly on the waves. Simply from what Bernard could make out, these were the real deal. the first mate was clad in blue-steel plate, with a blue cloak behind him and a longsword at his waist. The imperial seal was clearly visible on his breastplate.

(Sorry, I've been job hunting :/)

Tarquin appeared from below just as quickly as he'd left, staying away from Bernard for fear or a beating.

"Yes! Of course!" Bernard shouts, looking back at the rudderman a little awkwardly, "Although....It's not quite my ship! Come down anyhow, I have refreshments, although may i ask what sir wishes to speak about!?"

He walks quickly over to the edge and looks over, before shooting the crew a hurried look as they began to carry over the boarding ramps and mooring ropes.
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 05:45:51 pm »
(I promise I will post today.  :P I've been busy...)
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 11:42:48 pm »
(Alrighty, many apologies for the delay.)

As the crew of Bernard's ship made ready the boarding ramps and mooring ropes, Bernard heard a peculiar sound, and looked up to see a figure jump off the yardarm of the topsail on the mainmast of the galleon, gracefully summersaulting head over tail before landing on his feet before Bernard, lightly. The fox bowed before Bernard once, removing his distinctive admiral's hat, with a blue feather in it, as he straightened up before the bear and held out his paw. "The Knight-Duke Adrian, at your service." He said with a flourish, smiling warmly at the bear. He was dressed more like a warrior than a knight, wearing a white leather breastplate and bracers, with white leather boots, all trimmed in blue, with an under-layer of mithril chain, and a white cloak. The cloak and tabard bore the royal standard of Molten Core, a Phoenix perched atop a snow-topped mountain, within a circle. Adrain had an air of informality and energy about him, though there was an unmistakable aura of command behind it.

Aurora simply glared at the mage beyond the muzzle on her, eyes seeming to speak for her. "What would I have to gain by running?" They asked, as she sighed through her nose and looked down, shaking her head no.

Titus fell for her magic, not realizing what it was, nor suspecting a thing. "Yes milady, as you command." He replied, her magic already working on him as he added, "I'll see you at the desert.", before he left the room after she did.

"Good." Justin replied, looking dead serious as he replied. "It's one thing to fight for a cause, another to fight for money, but there is nothing like fighting for revenge. No fire burns hotter, no weapon is forged better, nothing motivates as good as the inferno of revenge. Keep it burning and you can overcome all challenges that you face." He answered, leaning back in his chair. "Now, tell me of icegate, I haven't heard from them in awhile, so start with how well you think the country is prepared to defend against attack?"

The sailing went smooth and fast for the crimson lance as she made her way towards the coastline of the boiling sea, named for its hot waters along the coast of Molten Core.(will work you into bear's segment next post)
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 12:02:17 am »
Prowl put her full force into her arm as Jaggerjack finished counting down, attempting to catch him off guard, but knowing she would likely not.

"Good." The Mage said, taking the muzzle off of Aurora, followed by the cuffs. "Now... Have a seat, please..." He went about the room collecting various strange items, from crystals to strange brass instruments, and placing them on his desk.

"Morons..." Diana muttered once she was outside the room. "It's a shame this spell requires me to sleep with him to set the final layer." She sighed and went off in search of one of the many mages under her command.
(Aaaaand... Diana Rhine goes to the background for now.)

Before they could answer Justin, an otter clad in the armor of an Icegate scout burst through the door, his once shiny armor coated in blood. "Verans!" He managed to cry before collapsing.

(This would indicate Icegate has fallen and Tara, the queen, has either been captured or killed. What he has not yet mentioned, because he doesn't know, is that they split off of his ship's tail and went straight to Lupirnen.)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:37 am »
his bones creaked a little and he stood fast for about thirty seconds before his paw slammed into the table, the force easily throwing him off his feet
"just like old times...hurt a lot then too" he panted

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2014, 12:12:32 am »
Blades nodded "I've been told otherwise...but I feel it does fuel me." he paused for a moment "As for Icegate, i'd say defenses are...decent but I wouldn't wanna push our luck...i'd advise..." was all Blades spat out before the guard came bearing the news of Icegate. Both Blades and Leilani's eyes widened.

Leilani looked down in sadness "Papa...no."

Blades' jaw hung open in shock "Queen Tara! Mother!" He flicked his head back towards Justin "King Justin...We need to get to Icegate and do some damage control!"

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2014, 12:17:03 am »
(Unnh... I need sleep... G'night, spread da word.)
10K post club.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2014, 11:02:53 pm »
Justin rose from his chair as three of his gaurds rushed to see if their healing could work on him. The fire of life magicks were the best healing in the land, but if one was not strong enough to withstand the flame's healing, it would consume them and at the very least, heal their spirit before it gave them a peaceful passing, if the wound was serious enough. The Phoenix King, Imperial Lord of Fire, The Hand of Flame, has had enough. He slammed his hands on the desktop the cracked the solid obsidian. "ENOUGH OF THIS!!!" He bellowed, in a voice that was like a raging inferno, or the thunderous eruption of a volcano. Justin's eyes were literally balls of fire burning red with rage, as he continued, "LIGHT THE BEACON AND READY THE GUARD, SOUND THE CALL AND ALERT MY CITY!!! HELL'S OWN GATES HAVE BEEN OPENED!!! MAKE READY TO MARCH FOR BATTLE, FOR NOW THIS KINGDOM IS AT WAR!!! EVERY MAN, WOMEN AND CHILD OLD ENOUGH AND CAPABLE OF BEARING ARMS SHALL DON OUR KINGDOM'S FINEST ARMOR AND SHARPEN THE BLADES THAT WILL SEND OUR ENEMIES' VERY SOULS TO THE GATES OF HELL AND THE ABYSS!!! WE ARE AT TOTAL WAR!!!!" Justin's call to arms reverberated loudly throughout the lower levels of the grand keep, echoing in the throne room and great hall. The sentries heard it clearly and a massive column of fire shot from the grand tower, a huge pyre that was brighter than the sun itself, it's orange and red hue turning the night to day for miles around and dusk to dawn as well. Armored soldiers rode through every quarter of the city, shouting out the call to arms, as the great horns atop the city's gatehouse were blown, sending a low, vibrating call, all throughout the surrounding countryside. Justin, his call to arms sounded, looked down to the icegate scout and asked, in a normal voice, "Is he alive?"
10K post club.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 11:33:27 pm »
Blades and Leilani looked at Justin in a mixture of shock, awe, and surprise. They could barely believe what they just saw Justin do but who was this he? "Is who alive?" Blades and Leilani asked together.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 11:35:50 pm »
Prowl grabbed the first soldier to come by, catching him by the pauldrons and holding firm. "What's going on? I want as many details as you can give me, now." Right now, she wasn't queen Prowl, she was soldier and commander Prowl; someone not to be messed with.

The otter scout's breathing was extremely ragged, and he had a weak pulse, but he was still alive... Somewhat.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 11:50:28 pm »
The soldier kept calm and responded in an even tone, "Justin has put out a call for all arms and an immediate preparation for a march to battle, as well as instituting a show no mercy and give no quarter policy as well. I do not know why he issued it just now, but milady, you alone cannot halt this. Only the full court can and only by voting in 4/5ths majority could they depose him, and well, 15/16 are with him. Excuse me, my battalion is forming up at the gate." The soldier informed prowl before scurrying off.

Justin sighed, and gestured to the scout. "Him. Get him to the infirmary and then form up at the imperial gate." He ordered his gaurds before turning to blades and Leilani, "I was asking about the scout. Come with me, and put on your heaviest and most ceremonial armor. We will change to battle dress in the field." He told them, and turned around to concentrate on making a ball of fire before launching it against the back wall. When it hit, a shimmering portal to the royal family personal armory, wreathed in flames, appeared. "Come now, lets get you proper Phoenix Armor..." Justin said, beckoning to them as he stepped through.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2014, 12:07:29 am »
Prowl nodded slowly, even though the soldier had just left. "To war it is then... Jaggerjack, I think I know how you can help... Follow me." She started off in the direction Justin had left in earlier, only glancing back once to see if Jaggerjack was following.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:12:40 am by Sledge »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:24 am »
Blades smiled a bit. Only years ago did he live in the shadow of his father, now he would be in a spot of honor...in Pheonix armor "An...an honor King Justin...lead the way."

Leilani seemed quite excited although she did perk her ears in curiousity "Are...are you gonna have any armor that'd fit me? I'm sure I don't fit the description for your umm...normal soldier."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2014, 12:14:52 am »
Blades smiled a bit. Only years ago did he live in the shadow of his father, now he would be in a spot of honor...in Pheonix armor "An...an honor King Justin...lead the way."

Leilani seemed quite excited although she did perk her ears in curiousity "Are...are you gonna have any armor that'd fit me? I'm sure I don't fit the description for your umm...normal soldier."

(FYI, many of the warriors would be females, thanks to Prowl's rulings... Shouldn't be any problem finding armor to fit.)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2014, 12:17:10 am »
he followed staring at her in a somewhat unwelcome manner, looking away blushing when she turned, but not quite quickly enough "so...ah...what was it you wanted me to help with?"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2014, 12:18:24 am »
(I meant more in...she's kinda young for a soldier. She's tall for her age but she just has that premonition of being young)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2014, 12:24:30 am »
"I don't have time for you to do this, Jaggerjack." Prowl said sharply, as soon as she noticed his blushing and hasty attempt to look away. She turned and placed an armored hand on his shoulder. "Let me get this across right now; I am married and I have a kid. Whatever it is you think could ever happen between us won't. It can't. I am not saying this to be cruel, but I need you to help me in this as a friend... You can't do that if you're distracted. Am I clear?"