Author Topic: Technoplile ICC  (Read 20567 times)

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Technoplile ICC
« on: October 07, 2014, 11:08:27 am »
The grey clouds overshadow the white and pristine city as the people below scurry about their daily lives. The smell of smoke can be found on the wind, blown in from the slums of the gargantuan city and the factories producing microchips and computer parts. Most are content with their comfortable lives, few with smiles in the working class but even fewer frowns among them. The huge skyscrapers of the rich and well off overshadow everything in the center, among wich is some of the most powerful industry buildings that endlessly test and research new products for the hungry masses. Many automatons go about following orders to perfection, endlessly toiling just as much as the other workers. Such is life here.

(Intros please.)
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Technoplile ICC
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 11:27:49 am »
Killswitch woke and stretched, his HUD, processor, and uplink booting up; the display read-out displayed it's progress. Once everything was online, he stood and moved to the door for loadout staging; when he would of would not get his weapons and report to his handler.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:07:42 pm »
Trish merely looked about as she stood up from her bed and stretched, throwing on her favorite robe as she finished. she came downstairs to find her tea already brewed for her and breakfast hot on the table. "Guess Emily already went out for her morning jog..." she sat down and began to eat "Ah well, probably gonna be busy today. News station said they had some big story to cover, just waiting for their call now I guess."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 02:45:53 pm »
Null Trace picked himself up off the floor, the weakness of the flesh betrayed him yet again.  He pulls a wire out of his head, the connection long since timed out as his mortal body succumbed to sleep.  He yawned and brushed back his long hair, picking up an unopened can of energy drink from the floor, opening it and guzzling the contents.

He looked into a mirror, his latest fur dye still looking fresh, splattered colors from a Jackson Pollock painting, he nods and took a quick shower, before throwing on some clothes, thinking to himself, 'time to evangelize to the poor sheep of this city.'

He heads out the door of his slum apartment and into the streets.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 03:36:40 pm »
A mechanic dressed in all light blue walked to Killswitch's station. Putting a keycard in and proceeding to outfit him with some nonlethal ammunition, however it would still hurt qute a bit if shot. His handler slowly approached, dressed in a black and blue uniform, his face hidden by his helmet. "Killswitch, we're going to oversee that the 'peaceful' protests by the slums don't get too rowdy...we're fully authorised to open fire but the higher ups want us to be rather...gentle this time."

Soon enough Trish's phone rang on the wall, the caller ID on the display showed that it was her boss. It was most likely about some information about the big story they had for her. The windows of her abode showed a healthy atmosphere outside.

The stench of the downtrodden filled the doorway as Null Trace headed outside. The ramshackle buildings and rusty canals between them seemed to hardly stand, especially with the slight layer of rust coating the lower portions. This was the place the water rushed to during floods, and it was more problematic in the travel regard than anything else, making it harder to cross on the lower bridges. Some beggers and homeless lined the streets and many stands sold questionable food.

Mate of WereCat

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 04:19:22 pm »
Null looked at the poor and homeless with pity.  Those were beyond his help as they could not even access the digital world if they wanted to.  Truly they were the meekest of the meek, separated from the true heaven by oceans of greed.  He walked on toward the business district; there, it is, the wage slaves that were the ones he felt needed his redemption, running the endless wheel of work, eat, sleep, only having the barest time for a taste of the true heaven.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 04:21:48 pm »
"Affirmative." Killswitch said simply, scanning his handler to get an ID. "Left weapon ammunition size, count, and type?" If he knew what it was he was shooting, he could calculate how the bullets would fly, and counter for gravity at least.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 04:34:37 pm »
Trish took a quick glance outside as she answered the phone. "Hey boss, i'm here. Anything late and breaking on the case?"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 04:46:26 pm »
(Great, I don't know guns. ><...)

A slightly fuzzy image on the monitor showed her boss, looking over some papers. The slight distortions could be attributed to the nearing storm. "We got some info for you to check up on, if it is true then we'll have the story of the century here." He went on to describe the locations of interest, telling her to be careful. His voice was also slightly distorted as well.

Killswitch's handler described the ammo and thought a bit. "Put on a repeating rifle with lethal ammo...just in case." He said as he looked at the mechanic, who seemed hesitant to do so but didn't object or question it. "Can't be too careful...just remember, nonlethal first...gotta keep up the image."

In the busy business districts many furs walked by either to, or from work. They seemed rather intent on either getting to someplace to either earn or spend money at many different places, few were standing around and in one of the few less inconvenient places, some people relaxed in benches or called others on phones. One more notable one was a rabbit woman who sat there eating some bread.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:49:08 pm by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 04:56:22 pm »
"Affirmative." Killswitch replied again, Entering the data in his mind as he started towards the door to outside. "Lethal force authorized as a last resort."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 05:01:04 pm »
"No worries boss, just had my stun gun upgraded." Trish answered "After all...Emily's gotta have someone to come home to..." joking a little to break the mood "But in all seriousness, i'll tread lightly. Just give me an address and i'll be on my way."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 06:49:22 pm »
The handler followed Killswitch, inputting proper codes to the door. He walked to a transport and loaded up. "We're going to dampen a protest about some new tech that the idiots don't like." He grumbled as he stretched in his tight uniform.

Her boss smiled and nodded. "You're a good person, and a valued member of our team." He said, seeming a bit nicer than usual. "You're going to check up on a reported theft of some machinery at a factory, you'll be supplied with all the necessary things to be allowed full access."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 11:07:49 pm »
Killswitch curled up in the floor of the transport, head facing the door so he could unload quickly, then ran a quick diagnostic and pulled up a map of the area they were headed to. "ETA?"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 11:46:56 pm »
Trish nodded and smiled "Alright, i'll be at the office soon to pick all that up. See you soon boss!" She waited for him to hang up before getting dressed and pinning her press badge on her vest and grabbing her stun gun and gloves as she headed out. As she got in her vehicle, Emily returned from her jog. They shared a little kiss before Trish headed out. After the drive, she pulled up and walked in to the front desk. "Mornin' how's everything going?" she asked.

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 09:26:01 am »
Null clears his throat and approaches the rabbit with a wide toothy grin, "Excuse me miss, you look to me like your spirits could use some lifting.  Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Trace.  Do you realize that the secret of eternal happiness is being hidden from you?  Most people do not realize this."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 09:41:09 am »
"About 10-15 minutes." The handler replied as he kicked his feet up on a rack nearby. "Just gotta wait, we'll get there when we get there."

The secretary nodded as she typed away on the computer. "Everything is going rather well. Thank you for asking" the secretary said simply. "I got your stuff right here." She said as she pushed some papers and a badge foreward. "A bot sent them down so you wouldn't have to go all the way yourself."

The rabbit held out a hand and smiled. "Christi, nice to meet you sir." She said after swallowing some bread. "And...sorta." she simply said, in responce to Trace's question.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 10:26:46 am »
Killswitch still didn't relax any, his tail twitching agitatedly. He was a warrior and not being able to fight was annoying. He flexed his claws, carving deep slashes in the steel floor.

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 02:07:51 pm »
Null brushes his hair back a moment before continuing, "Well Christi, I'm sure like most people you have a job working for the Corporations.  Even a nice mid-level job, those Corporations are selling you lies to keep you working for them endlessly.  Meanwhile they steal your thoughts and soul, denying you a virtual paradise.  I myself have seen it. "

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 05:39:51 pm »
Killswitch's handler didn't like that sound. "Hey, don't claw around like that! That comes outta my pay to replace." He sighed and held his head in his hands. "Just chill...I don't wanna pay for anything else because of your impatience."

Christi nodded and gave a sly smile. "You have no idea how true that is." She looked to the sky as she ate her sandwich some more, or whatever it was, looked like some breaded something. She swallowed and held her paw out. "Gonna rain soon..." she noted to herself.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 06:49:23 pm »
"Combat protocols increase adrenaline levels." Killswitch said, ceasing his clawing. He stood and turned to his handler, directing a sort of glare at him. He wouldn't hurt his handler, but he did look very intimidating.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 09:14:59 pm »
Trish smiled a little "Well, they must really value me then...as much as I love to see the boss' smiling face." she clipped the badge onto her belt as she began to thumb through the papers "Such is the life of a reporter...Danger, stories...and much more...tonight at nine!" saying the last bit half jokingly.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 09:54:19 pm »
"Shouldn't those protocols only go on DURING combat?" His handler asked critically. He held up his hand to the side of his helmit and waited a bit. "5 minutes..."

The paperwork contained some information about the thefts, namely that they mostly went unnoticed before a physical count of the automatons heading out. It seemed like a glitch at first until they realised that there was a pattern, two or three at every shift change and sometimes one would find an arm or such moving by the edge of the security cameras.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:56:49 pm by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 10:00:57 pm »
"Combat was expected sooner." Killswitch said, lying back down in his original position. "Protocols were initiated beforehand."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 10:48:28 pm »
Trish raised an eyebrow looking the pictures and info over "Hmmmm...this pattern seems to tell a tale to maybe the prep is a worker at the plant. I'll have to see what I can find out when I get there..." she put on her gloves but kept them powered down until need be. 

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 10:00:33 am »
Null smiles a genuine smile at Christi, "It is very refreshing to speak to someone who is a kindred spirit.  I myself remain grounded in this world so that I can bring the word of digital salvation to the masses, but many are so clouded by the Corporate rhetoric that they scoff at my revelations."