Author Topic: The ARK (1x1 Sledge and ColonelMustang)  (Read 4609 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
The ARK (1x1 Sledge and ColonelMustang)
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:36:37 am »
Welcome to the ARK, a state of the art space shuttle designed by David Brumholt 'The savior of humanity' "Why did i want to build this ship? That's a good question with a very simple answer. Because God commanded me to. You see from a very young age i had visions..visions of our world ending, visions of a world no longer meant for us. The ARK is outfitted with the latest technology to make it self sufficient and self repairing "I wish i could take everybody, but i simply can't. I can only take the chosen with me on this voyage." The ARK is home to 250,000 of furs Chosen, just like you. "I'm willing to wait as long as necessary to reach the new promised world. To help achieve his dream The ARK has enough fuel to last it for 150 years, and the Cyro-Tubes are specially designed to keep you looking the way you do now so you can fully enjoy the new world.

You shake your head, clearing the ridiculous intro-vid in the process. As you do so your ears are assaulted by an alert repeating every 15 seconds. Oxygen levels critical, please reactivate ventilation systems.  As your vision focuses you see only one other fur standing, the rest laying on the floor or half way slumped out of their cryo-tubes. You vaguely recall the other fur from security orientation, but now is not the time for re-introductions because if this Oxygen situation isn't dealt with then there won't be time for introductions.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: The ARK (1x1 Sledge and ColonelMustang)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:27:22 am »
Myre slammed her small fist against the emergency release on her cryotube, hen pushed the door open and stepped out and shook herself, her tail making a slight rattle. "Who are you? Never mind that. We need more oxygen."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 12:58:20 pm »
Rhys began coughing, spitting out the last of the cryo-fluid left in his lungs. He shot Myra a sideways glance then looked down at the rest of the Sec officers. He shook his head then began a light jog past Myra. "This way...to the ventilation controls."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 01:31:06 pm »
"Ve-" Myre started, to be cut off by a coughing fit; the cryo-fluid that was still in her lungs was coughed up. "Ventilation system... You know where that is?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 11:48:55 pm »
"Yeah.. it was on the map we were supposed to study. I only learned where the critical stations were...the rest seemed unimportant." Rhys shouted as he darted left down the a corridor. "Do try and keep up!"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 12:17:51 am »
 "No problem." Myre said, jogging behind him; she was surprisingly fast for how small she was. "I'm Myre, by the way."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 12:35:37 am »
Rhys grunted in acknowledgement. "One more right and we'll be there." After a bit more running Rhys and Myra found themselves in the Ventilation control room. "Now listen closely." He pointed over to a panel on the right side wall. "Flip the switches 5, 9, 8, 7, and 3. In that exact order. Got it? Good." Without waiting for a response he darted over to the main controls and began clicking away at the many virtual keyboards.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 01:33:41 am »
"Great." Myre muttered, looking over the panel. "9, 8, 7, 5, 3? No, wait... 5, 9, 8, 7, 3?" She shrugged and went with it, figuring the second sounded right.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 02:15:31 am »
Ventilation reactivated. Oxygen levels returning to optimal. Rhys took in a deep breath of fresh air. "Haha that actually worked. The name is Rhys by the way."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 02:32:05 am »
"A pleassure to meet you." Myre said, holding out a small hand to shake. Her slight hiss to her s-es was barely noticible, but present nonetheless; paired with her cute facial features, it made her seem extremely innocent. Her forked tongue flickered out as she took in his scent. "Wassn't thiss ship ssuppossed to be... Well, a lasst chancce, or ssomething? What happened?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 03:02:02 am »
Rhys shook Myra's hand and looked around. "You know about as much as i do on that matter. All i know is the Sec personnel were only supposed to be woken up when we reached a new planet or incase of emergency. Seeing as we're the only two surviving Sec members...I'd wager there's a pretty damned big emergency somewhere."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 03:16:12 am »
"You could ssay that again." Myre said. "Sso... Now what? If there'ss no ssec perssonnel left, then what do we do? We've already fixed the ventilation ssystem."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 03:20:23 am »
"Up ahead in the Monitor control room we can get a better handle on this situation...assuming the camera's are still running." Rhys began a slow walk down the closest corridor. "I'm curious...the ship was designed to fix itself...waking up Sec was a last resort...so why didn't the ship fix itself?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 03:25:02 am »
"Like you ssaid." Myre replied. "You know asss much asss I do. I am curiouss for a different reasson. How long have we been out? And a quesstion to go with that one... Where iss the food?"

(Had to put a third s on as to prevent it from autocorrecting it as a curse word...)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 03:33:14 am »
"Food naturally i's going to be in the mess hall. The cyro-tubes were filled with fluid designed to sustain us through deep space travel...Now that we're awake are bodies will do a crash course to re-stabalize our metabolism...Once we get to the Monitor room we should be able to turn on the lights and get some basic power running to this place." After walking through the halls for a good fifteen minutes Rhys finds his way into the Monitor room.."Ok now for the next task get the main generators up and running. Look for anything that looks like an important switch or button."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 09:27:27 am »
"That one looks important." Myre said, pointing at a red button with a glass case over it. "But I'm guessing that's not what starts the generators..."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 03:51:19 pm »
"Hell if i know..We're Sec not maintenance." Rhys walked over to the button and lifted the glass case. After letting out a deep breath he slowly pressed the button, wincing as he did so. Backup generators online. Error Main generators can not be reached, manual reactivation is required "Well at least we have lights..." Rhys' sentence was interrupted by the camera monitors being brought back to life. "and the cameras....hmm they don't seem to be currently active, but maybe we could view the stored footage and get a better idea of what is happening....What do you think?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 08:30:46 pm »
"Sounds like a plan to me." Myre said. "But uh..: do you know how to access the videos? Like you said, we're not engineers, we're Sec."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 12:04:53 am »
"I'm just going to assume you didn't pay attention during orientation. Because if you did, you would remember Sec has an access code to the vids." Rhys shot Myra a smirk. "Don't worry you look fairly new to Sec, so i won't hold it against you." Rhys began typing away at the Monitor controls. "I really don't want to look at decades worth of footage....so lets go with the last hour.. Watch for anything suspicious on screen"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 12:20:34 am »
Myre bared her fangs and let out a silent hiss behind Rhyse's back, temporarily ruining her innocent facade, then moved into his field of view to watch the videos. "Yeah... No problem. Play em."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 12:23:14 am »
Upon Rhys pressing play, the wall of thirty monitors sprang to life replaying the last hour of the ships life. "So how did you end up here?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 12:30:16 am »
"You don't want to hear that sstory." Myre said, eyes flickering from one monitor to the next, always moving. "It'd put you to ssleep. How about yourssself?"

(Truth be told, I just don't want to think up a story right now...  :-[ )

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 12:42:46 am »
"Me? Private Security firm, was paid a lot of credits to be here, but right about now i'm regret.." Rhys cut his sentence short and slammed the pause button. "Look there!" He pointed up at the corner of one of the monitors. The outline of some sort of creature could be seen in the corner. "Nothing is supposed to be out of stasis yet..."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 01:00:18 am »
"And yet..." Myre muttered. "Here we are. And there that thing iss..."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 01:10:41 am »
"We were awoken because of security protocol...but that thing.." Rhys clicked his tongue a few times. "We have a few ways to go about this..well technically one...This camera is placed in corridor Z3 which passes right by the passenger Cryo-tubes, but connects to the Captains room which would have the passenger manifest. So...." Rhys clicked his tongue a few more times. "We can either see if it left any clues, or check the manifest. What do you think?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke