Author Topic: The Blackest Grimoire (IC)  (Read 18943 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: The Blackest Grimoire (IC)
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 09:18:04 am »
"Cold shoulder from the living dead." Altius sat next to Shade. "I know i said i'd talk to you after the Assessment, but i really just didn't feel like waiting."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 09:35:56 am »
"You smell like mutt now." Shade observed casually. "What did you want to talk about?"

(Jacoby, what was that supposed to do? I know you said it was going to be your finisher...)
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 10:13:59 am »
(No it isn't...the one I sent you was a combustion incantation, mentions of both fire and wind, this one is strictly a fire incantation, still not my finisher, i only used the incantation to summon a weapon)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 10:33:22 am »
"I know, but watch this." Altius took out a small vial of cloudy looking liquid. He downed it, grimacing as he did so. "The only successful version of that potion yet." After a few seconds the smell was gone, in fact his entire scent was gone. "But that was my last one, and i don't want to get the ingredients for it." He looked over at Shade studying her. "I'm curious, do you embrace your gift or refuse it. You're not like the others, using heir flawless looks to gain popularity and their domination to gain followers. No, you sit away from the rest brooding in silence. You intrigue me."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 10:54:47 am »
"I wouldn't exactly call it embracing my vampirism, but I don't refuse it either." Shade said. "I think I've more come to accept it. I'm curious, though... An answer for an answer; how do you know my nickname, and how much else do you know?"

(Sorry. Looked similar.)

"Ground hammer." The opponent said, shards of rock from around Jacoby shooting up, forming into a giant slab over his head, then smashing down.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:57:04 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 11:15:53 am »
"I know quite a few things. Aside from being the school slacker and still managing to pass i also have a lot of free time. Free time to snoop around and dig up things that were supposed to be buried." Altius smirked a bit. "You're not from here, certain words you say bring out an accent, an older version of an accent. You probably dinned on a number of the French. Perhaps even Napoleon." Altius stretched as if bored with the assessment. "Even a few other choice things, mostly about vampires that aren't very well known."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 02:25:18 pm »
He paused for a moment sticking his right hand in his pocket "blast step" before he propelled himself to the opposite side  of the arena, whip dragging the ground leaving a trail of fire in it's wake  "blast step" this time He charged at her
(around where are you located in the arena right now? it is a giant circle)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 03:15:37 pm »
(What?)

"And what would those things be?" Shade asked. "That we actually can see ourselves in mirrors?"

"Stonewall." The opponent's cast was just that. A giant stone wall between her and Jacoby.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:17:40 pm by Sledge »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 03:27:28 pm »
Altius leaned in and whispered to her "Deadman's blood. fun stuff like that." He sat back up and casually glanced over at the fight.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 03:33:25 pm »

(red line marks my prior move, blue circle is my location, circle in the center is the negation field, sorry I didn't think of this sooner, sorry for making this a bit over complicated)

He charged past her, veering off of his attack course to land behind her along the wall again

Holly stepped through the crowd to sit with the people she had sat with earlier. "I don't suppose you guys mind if I sit here?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 04:20:06 pm »
(Probably somewhere in 8 at this point.)

"Shatterswarm" the opponent's whole front put off a blast of shrapnel much as her fist had before, facing Jacoby.

"I'd say no, but you'll likely sit there anyways." Shade said. "So, I guess have a seat."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 04:44:08 pm »
(2) Something dropped from his pocket again "blast step" he dodged to another side (6) , stopping briefly before using blast step again charging straight at her (8) his whip in his left hand and the right drawn back for a punch "detonation strike!"

"Um thank you? My name is Holly."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:54:52 pm by Jacoby Quinn »

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 05:31:54 pm »
Sven left his chair and went to another spot to get a better view of things. He wandered what Altius and Shade were talking about. He got a little nervous, he got up out of his chair an paced back and forward trying to make time go by faster. (I feel like this assessment is going to take a while just saying)
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 08:09:58 pm »
"Yeah... Hi." Shade replied, not caring to give a name, then turned to Altius. "We will deffinately need to speak more on this afterwards."

"Mag-board." The opponent ran and rolled under Jacoby, coming up behind him and scaring across the rift she'd created on a chunk of hardened lava. She turned and spun her blade. "Shatterstep."(much like your blast step, but earth based.) she launched herself at Jacoby, spinning her blade once backwards before readying it for a strike, her other arm across her chest in front of her to provide some protection.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 08:20:58 pm »
Altius simply gave a courteous nod. "Holly right. You do know Sven is over there. I do believe he is much more pleasant than I."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 08:32:51 pm »
He continued forwards before aiming his punch at the ground to throw himself into the air a bit and land facing her, his whip lashing out to ensnare her sword "It's over, you can give up you've lost" (what's a fight without some banter?)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:20 pm »
"Except that it's not sweetie." She said. "Shrapnalize. Magma vent. Shatterswarm." Her sword burst, sending glasslike pieces in every direction, followed by a small crack forming under Jacoby, and another blast of stone shards in his direction.

"I find you much more pleasant than a mutt." Shade said, kicking her feet up on the seat in front of her.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:42:53 pm by Sledge »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 08:54:05 pm »
The shrapnel embedded into his right arm but he managed to keep his grip on his whip and smack away some of the shards  before the rest pummeled him "blast step" He dragged his whip as he went back to the opposite side of the arena (4) "Fireball, gale spike" He threw the fireball into the air before the gale spike impacted it causing a ring of flame to expand from the impact all the way to the edge of the arena and setting the grass at the edges ablaze.

"Wow...are the assessments always this rough? Couldn't someone get hurt?" she looked a little worried, but was it because she had to fight? or was it because he was fighting?

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 10:07:21 pm »
Sven made his way over to his friends, and said to Holly"You enjoying the fight?" He sat down next to her"I've never introduced myself, I'm Sven." He noticed that Shade was nearby and though great she'll known I'm here. He didn't make any eye contact either trying not to attract any attention

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 10:27:17 pm »
Altius cracked a smile. "Be still my beating heart. As for you Holly, nobody has died yet.... Well in during the assessment that is.. In the infirmary is a different matter." Altius sniffed the air around him. Cracking an even bigger grin he looked at Sven. "Been tending to your hounds?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 10:35:04 pm »
Sven frowned and said "What do mean?" He looked at him, his expression telling him to shut up. He turned away trying to forget what he asked.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2014, 10:59:39 pm »
"Looking away does not hide you from me, loup-garou(werewolf)." Shade said, still watching the fight. "Even if I were blind, I could still smell you." She glanced at Altius. "Be still indeed. It's making me hungry beating quickly like that." (Aaand the colonel goes for the Skyrim reference.)

"What? Now you're doing fireworks?" Jacoby's opponent teased. "That's cute. Sentinel pillar." A large pillar of stone rose from the ground, a row of large spikes stones protruding from the side facing Jacoby. She walked to it and placed a hand against it. "Shatterswarm." The rather large spikes, along with a good amount of stone shrapnel exploded towards Jacoby, humming like a swarm of bees.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:03:20 pm by Sledge »

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 11:10:10 pm »
Sven smiled, and said "I guess, you've been around a long time to know a lot." He watched the fight and said "Who's blood will be spilled first?" He scratched his head nervously anticipating what will happen next in the arena.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:27:01 pm by Shard the wolf »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 11:27:32 pm »
Holly looked back and forth at the pair "You are a vampire and you are a werewolf? I've never talked to a supernatural creature,,,other than a few fairies"

He stood still, the shards hitting him with a painful sounding squelch and a screech of agony
He fell to his knees and placed his palms flat against the ground
"L-Light of a flickering flame
whisper of ages
breath of a burn
the four winds gather
consuming inferno
raging typhoon
the embers rise
screams ride the air
book of ash!
song of gale!
burn!
rend!
BLAST OF THE CHARRED FIVE!"
(full incantation, circle with crystal spell focuses)

A blinding ball of light stood in the center of the arena, it started the size of a basketball and if one were to watch in slow motion they would see it expand five times it's size before bursting like a balloon and drowning the entire arena in a blinding light. The stands protective barrier easily contained the spell it's self, but the shockwave was more than enough to take everyone's breath away for the briefest moment. After the dust cleared there was a ten foot shallow crater in the center. Jacoby shakily pushed himself off the ground waiting to see if his opponent would get up.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 11:40:41 pm »
Sven said "Yep, and don't be surprised that you see me in my form." He smiled "the aftermath is, let's just say bloody." He watched the fight and waited for one to finally give up.