Author Topic: Lockdown (IC)  (Read 11028 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Lockdown (IC)
« on: January 13, 2015, 11:37:09 am »
You wake up naked, standing in a syrupy liquid right about body temperature. You're standing in a glass tube of sorts, sharp metal instruments on robotic arms around you, and various tubes and wires attached to you, even one down your nose; it feels to be far down, but for now it's providing air. the room outside is dark except for a flashing red light just above what appears to be a door. You hear a loud voice, in what seems to be a strange language, and which seems to becoming from everywhere. You can't seem to remember anything other than how to breathe and move. You can't remember your name, where you're from, or even where you're at... As you puzzle this over, you start to remember speech, and the words being spoken outside your tube seem to clarify into actual language. "Warning: containment breach detected. Facility wide lockdown in effect." This loops continuously, so you soon forget it and move onto the real problem: you need to get out of this tube.

A second announcement intones after the first, adding to the loop. "Warning: experiments 13, 115, 125, 169, 253, 334, and 618 active."

Experiment 115 looked around her tube, noting her metal body parts and the fact that strangely, only one eye seemed to work. Her metal parts didnt seem to want to move, so she liply slammed her steel arm against the glass of the tube, not so much as scratching it. After panicking for a moment, she managed to find a button right in the middle of the tube's ceiling. She hit it and the tube began to drain, Experiment 115 cautiously pulling the tube out of her nose and throat.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Re: Lockdown (IC)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 12:16:07 pm »
618 looked around the place he was in. He moved slightly to examine his body, the liquid clashing with his skin color and looking at his bones with a contemplative expression. "Is...this what I am?..." It thought as he stared at his arm as a 6th digit slowly seemed to form in his hand, the bone splitting off and growing slowly as it's body didn't seem sure what it was supposed to be. He slowly felt the glass, the surrounding liquid slowing his movement as he dragged his hand down it's surface. He curiously watched as the bones in his hand moved around by the pressure and his hand seemed to lengthen from the friction he put uppon it. He could feel the material around his skull move slightly, the sides lifting a bit and growing tought around the teeth.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 01:26:59 pm »
253 tapped his paws on the glass, panic rising in his chest, trying to escape. He quickly looked up and noticed the button that drained the liquid, as he pulled the tubes out of his nose and throat. Where am I...? Who am I? He tapped in the glass again, and kept hitting it harder, hoping o crack it, panic rising in his chest. lLet me out!!
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 02:04:52 pm »
~"169? wait...I'm 169"~ he looked around the room, still inside the pod. He sat there for a moment closing his eyes to shut everything out~"questions later, gotta get out."~ He stopped to think clearly for a moment ~"this fluid will restrict my movement, i'm not punching my way out"~ he looked around in his pod before finding the button and pressing it. He pulled the tubes out, gagging as he did so before heaving and coughing more goo out of his lungs. He felt around at the wires and checked to see if any were in his skin before pulling them off.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 02:05:58 pm »
13 opened his eyes. He stood there doing nothing as he took in what was happening. I'm in some thick.....syrup? No no this will not do. He began to look around for an escape switch. Spying it above his he raised his arm to press it, slightly panicking at seeing the tech lines on his arm he hesitated, after a few seconds he pressed the button, removing the tubing once it was safe to do so.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 05:07:30 pm »
The experiment known as number 125 slowly opened his eyes, seeming dazzed and confused at first. He was close to panicking initially, but the tubes were able to let him breathe. He slowed his breathing as he looked around for a possible way out of the tube. He was sure he was strong enough to break the glass, but didn't want to risk a severe injury. He eventually found the drain button in which he had no hesitation of pressing. Moments later after the tube had fully drained, he began to remove the tube, now realizing how deep it was inside his body, which only made him go slower in his efforts. Eventually the tube was out and he was panting for air and gagging on the sensation the tube had left. His blurred vision now becoming clear, he noticed other experiments along in tubes as well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:24:42 pm by The Wise one »
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 05:10:04 pm »
(You're each in your own seperate rooms, btw.)
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 07:16:42 pm »
Experiment 334 woke up confused to find himself in such a place. He thought, what's all this stuff?. He noticed the release button and pressed it, he pulled the tube out. He stepped out of the tube cautiously also noticing he was naked he,why am I naked?. He was still wet from the liquid, he opened the door his nails tapping the floor as he walked out. He looked around and stopped listening to the alarm loop and noticed his number mentioned. He said to himself "What the hell am I?!" He noticed the other doors, the liquid dripped off his fur and onto the tile. He also noticed both of his scars and the one on his muzzle and arm.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:49:45 pm by Shard the wolf »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 07:55:42 pm »
The glass slid back and 253 hopped out of the tube, slightly uneasy as the strange syrupy liquid dropped off of his fur. He shook his head and heard the alarm, quickly stepping out into the hallway. He voice echoing through the hall. "Hello?!" He looked down the hall and quickly started trotting down the hall. I've gotta find some clothes... Or someone...
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 08:00:50 pm »
334 noticed 253 and yelled "Hey!, who are you!?" He was just as scared as he was but on the surface he was calm and slightly scary looking with his scars.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 08:09:40 pm »
618 soon grew tired of waiting and pushed the button, watching as the other fluid drained away and he exited the tube, not minding as the wires and tubes pulled him back but eventually snapped from his efforts. After plucking out some loose needles and tubes he approached the door and banged on it, slowly taking his hand away after each hit and leaving a thin trail of ooze from each contact from his gelatinous form. "Hello?...hello?...hello?...hello?" He repeated with each strike. His voice seemed to echo harmoniously with itself as if 3 or so were talking simultaneously. He stood in the doorway and pounded against the door itself while repeating himself.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 08:50:59 pm »
"I-I'm 253... I think... That's what was above my tube... Who are you...? What's going on? I mean... It's not bad, right?" He asked, his fear slipping into his voice. He rubbed his arm slightly I can't move my arm... He twitched his ear as he heard a faint banging. He quickly took off toward the sound of the banding and tapped on the door. "H-hello? Is anyone in there?!"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 09:08:10 pm »
613 stopped mid pound and looked at the green smears on the door, then to his hand which now had 7 fingers on it but no thumb. "Anyone?..." he asked quietly before looking back at the door he seemed to focus a bit before speaking, his voice narrowing to a more singular voice. "Yes." He said, a sloppy but noticable imitation of the unseen person on the other side of the door. "Hello." He said with a nod. "Do you look like me?...you sound like me."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 09:19:49 pm »
"Yes, I'm like you... I think... Can you open the door...? Is it locked?" He pushed on the door trying to open it with his one arm(His bionic arm is isnt activated so he can't use it) . "Come on... Open... Are you okay? Are you hurt or anything?" He asked, looking at the faint silloutte in the door

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 09:25:46 pm »
"No?" 613 said in the crap imitation voice. "I'm...alone...in here." He said as he looked at his body and noticed the lack of a propper ribcage, the ribs slowly receeding into themselves. "I'm not in pain...is the door locked?"
Mate of WereCat

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 09:41:39 pm »
"I can't open it from out here... Mine was unlocked. Is it glass? Maybe we could break it."  He looked around for something to smash into the door, before rubbing his arm again. Why can't I move my arm...

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 09:50:37 pm »
(Ok, guys, stop until I can reply.)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 12:34:36 am »
(Ok guys... Can you tell me what you did wrong? I'm not mad because it turned out more or less correct, but it's the principle of it... Plus, if you continuously post with questions that nobody but me can answer, simply for the sake of posting, we don't get anywhere. It becomes redundant, and you make your characters look moronic. Nobody wants their character to look like an idiot. Sorry, my ranting is now over... For now. Wise, Colonel, Jacoby, good job. Mayhaps you can tell them their mistake?)

115 calmly stepped from her containment unit as it opened, her right foot not moving as it naturally would; the same with her tail and right forearm. She slid her door open and started down the hall, her metal claws dragging rather eerily across the white concrete floor. If the lights had been on, the whole hallway would've been white and sanitary looking. As it was, the only light was from more of the red emergency strobes. She stopped when she could see the others puzzling over a door, and watched cooly.

Furenzied-
The door slid to the side, the steel of it screeching against the frame, to reveal the hallway outside and more flashing red lights.

Reverb-
Your search yields nothing, other than to show that the hallway appears to be made of seamless white painted concrete. The heavy white painted steel doors are the only thing not even with the walls/floor and ceiling.

Wise-
Once the liquid drains completely, the glass tube slides up into the ceiling, revealing a -yet unlit- exam room of sorts. There are various medical instruments and a control panel no doubt to the mechanical arms in the tube. Then there's the door; solid steel with a steel loop for an emergency open handle.

Colonel-
Your glass tube slides into the ceiling as well, and a search of your room reveals much the same thing, with the addition of a safe set into the wall labeled: radioactive.

Jacoby-
Several of the wires did have electrodes under his skin, but were fairly painless to remove. Once drained, his tube slid upwards revealing the same room as the others, though the red strobe had failed and was dark. Luckily, 169 had feline in his blood.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:36:47 am by Sledge »

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 01:10:24 am »
334 looked around, looking down the hallways . He looked back into his room at the tools and didn't bother messing with them. He stepped back into the hallway and walked in search of anything  to eat or someone else alive. He knew someone or something was near and kept walking. He noticed 115 and instant curiosity filled him, he didn't dare speak, he waited for her to notice him before he reacted.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:51:40 am by Shard the wolf »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 03:41:36 am »

He stood up and scanned the room for anything that could be used as a weapon, a heavy object, scalpel, knife. Book, kitchenware, anything. He also scanned the room for anything to wear and any entrances or exits that could prove useful to him...or anyone wishing to put him back in the tube.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:38:24 am by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 09:18:54 am »
(Sorry......)

613 watched as the door slid by and stared at the one on the other side of the door with empty eye sockets but a slight face on the surface of his skin. He felt the strange tightness around his head as he waved. "Hello. How are you today?" It asked in the mimicked voice that was a bit more accurate than before.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 09:44:16 am »
(Sorry...)
253 froze slightly and looked at 613. "I'm fine... Thank you..." He looked up and down the hallways again. "I don't know what to do now..." He leaned against the wall and sighed. He held left arm and shook his head. "There is someone else awake down the hall... Let's go" He said and started walking back to 334, before pausing to see if 613 was following.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 10:03:57 am »
(Like I said, not mad because it was along the lines of where I was going.)

Shard-
115 noticed 334, but didnt acknowledge him at first. When it seemed he wouldn't stop watching her, she looked up at him, her dark grey eye seeming to bore into him, daring him to say something.

Reverb-
As you move down the hall, you notice two others in a sir of silent standoff in the center of the hall. The female seems to have a blunt metal tip on her tail and another blunt metal end on her right arm. The entire left side of her face is steel with antennas replacing her left ear, and a sensor -offline, of course- replacing her eye. She has  shoulder length hair on the left side of her head, and a contrasting tan tuft of fur preserving at least some degree of decency by covering her chest. Her right foot is steel as well and has some very lethal looking claws, if they worked.

Everyone-
The announcement system, having since only repeated the first message, intoned another warning. "Warning: experiment: 666 active. Securit report to containment wing. Warning: experiment 666 active." This seemed incredibly urgent, as it also started sounding a loud claxton alarm, and a loud roar could be heard almost from underneath them.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:11 am »
613 went out the room and looked around, some of the seemingly endless supply of ooze almost dripping off him to only snap back into place. Unlike his hand, his feet seemed almost tougher and didn't leave anything behind. "I'm not like you, you're...complete." it mimicked, almost unsure about how to describe the new person.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 10:36:43 am »
(Sorry, we just learn from our mistakes and move on) 334 Still watched 115 he turned away listening to the alarm and the roar. He ignored it and said to 253 "You find something useful, or something living to kill and eat." A disturbing grin was on his face  and he said "I hope you did, or I'd have to eat you in the worst situation." He laughed and his yellows eyes seemed to glow every time the red lights blinked off.