Author Topic: Afterlife Detective Agency (IC)  (Read 2934 times)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Afterlife Detective Agency (IC)
« on: February 13, 2015, 08:31:32 pm »
Seems like just yesterday you were just recruited but now here we all are, about to be assigned a partner and sent on our very first cases. All the new recruits were in a little lounge with a podium in the center. There was a table with a coffee maker, tea, and some packaged cookies. There was a brown leather couch in the other end as well as an old Pac-Man arcade machine and a pool table. The back of the room had a couple of chairs and a end table. Aeon was shooting pool and Helena was pouring herself a cup of tea.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Afterlife Detective Agency (IC)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 08:36:18 pm »
Sabine sat quietly by herself on the couch, playing with a razor blade, and generally just trying to avoid everyone. She passed the blade between her fingers with deft movements, captivated by its flashing whenever it caught the light.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:08:42 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 02:47:34 pm »
Jacques rubbed his face. Eyes darting around the room for the coffee maker, upon spying it he began to he head straight for it, brushing past anybody and everybody on his way to the dark roasted nectar of the gods. Upon arrival he immediately poured himself a cup of coffee and tossed in one sugar and a splash of creamer. "Mmm we do enjoy a nice fresh coffee." He grabbed a few cookies and turned back around to view the other recruits. Hmmm so we've got little miss anti-social on the couch, who i can only presume is the spearhead of this little group pouring herself some tea, and a guy shooting some pool, he's not bad, definitly could use him to hustle at some of the pool halls back home. He downed the rest of his coffee and began to make his way to Helena Never hurts to curry favour with the superiors "Pleasure to meet you Miss?" Jacques extended his hand out to her.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 04:25:00 pm »
Ashe came in tired, making a beeline for the coffee machine she poured a cup and put in enough creamer and sugar to get a few funny looks before stirring it and sitting down not drinking her coffee and chatting idly with the guy she sat down beside.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 11:13:59 pm »
"Helena, Detective Helena Ashenvale." she said shaking Jacques' hand, showing her badge with pride and a smile. She spoke with a rather notable Romanian accent. "Are you nervous at all? Being new to zis sleuthing bisness and all?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 03:12:12 pm »
Every few minutes Ashe would stop talking to one person then move on to the next, after a few minutes she made her way over to Sabine and plopped down beside her. "Good morning"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 03:28:25 pm »
Sabine stopped her razor blade in mid spin and glanced up. "I guess... It is morning."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 06:34:34 pm »
"Nervous? No not really, given my previous line of work I'm very used to...new things. Well that and problems. More specifically elimina....solving problems." He offered up smile. "What about you? Any feelings of nervousness at all?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 07:26:29 pm »
Her coffee was cold by now and she began to gulp it down, when the cup was empty there was still a thick layer of undissolved sugar at the bottom of the cup "Not a morning person?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 08:08:36 pm »
"I guess you could say that." Sabine said. "Though it isn't exactly the term most use."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:23:25 pm by Sledge »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 08:38:02 pm »
"Nervous, excited, curious...a strange mixture of things quite honestly." Helena answered. "I come to America, land of opportunities and oh my is this the opportunity or what?"

Aeon was still busy shooting pool by Ashe and Sabine.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 01:18:18 pm »
"Working for a detective agency that deals in the afterlife....it's definitely something" A look of curiosity covered Jacques face. "So how long have you been in America then?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 07:21:20 pm »
"What term should I use then?" her expression showed an odd mixture of coy and curious "Personally depending on my current sleep pattern  I'm a whenever person, but I really enjoy the night time, it's weird because I love being around people, but at the same time I enjoy how it's quiet at night"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 08:42:41 pm »
"Unwanted... Burden... Freak..." Sabine muttered as she started running the blunt side of her razor blade across her forearm. "take your pick."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 10:12:29 pm »
"Must have been close to twelve years now." Helena answered "I got the English down but ze accent never went away." It was obvious her English was still a very little bit broken but she was pretty much understandable.

Aeon looked up to see Cheryl walking up to the podium. "Hey everyone, at attention! Detective Straton's here." putting the bottom of his pool cue on the ground and turning to the podium as she took the stand.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 12:33:49 am »
"Right." Jacques offer a smile and gave her a pat on the shoulder. His face returning to a neutral expression as he turned around to face the podium.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 07:59:32 am »
"You sound like someone who needs a hug, I'm gonna give you a hug" she leaned in and attempted to hug her

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 01:31:23 pm »
Sabine numbly accepted Ashe's hug, making no move to either return it or deny it. She sighed impatiently as she waited for Ashe to stop. "We should be paying attention."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 02:51:09 pm »
"Oh, yeah, um right" she turned away blushing and sat staring at the podium fidgeting a little (She's embarrassed, not crushing, just to clarify)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23:48 pm »
"Dead serious." Helena finished with as she turned to face the podium.

Cheryl stood at the podium, looked down her papers and looked back up "Hello fellow detectives. I'm sure you're all eager to get on your first cases and fret not...that'll come in due time. I first wanna congratulate each and every one of you, not many get the chance to look death in the eye and walk away let alone find a job opportunity from it...trust me, I should know..." she paused for a minute and then resumed. "Each of us will begin with a rather...simple case just to get you all a taste of what you're in for...I've paired us all off for the first mission, however try not to get too comfy cause they may be subject to change..."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 12:13:27 am »
great... Sabine thought, hearing that they were paired up. someone else to dislike me.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 09:13:16 am »
Jacques snickered, assuming Helena purposefully made a play on words. He simply nodded as he listened to Cheryl. Well at least i'm used to working with people given my previous job.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 10:07:31 am »
A lot of thoughts whizzed through Ashe's head, but that was normal. thoughts like 'so i'm lucky' and 'easy case' what finally came out of her mouth was "Partners? who's my partner?"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 08:58:49 pm »
The projector screen to the left of the podium lit up and showed each person's picture next to someone else's. The pairings were as follows...

Cheryl Straton-Ashe Hawthorne

Helena Ashenvale-Jacques O' Malley

Aeon-Sabine Nyte

Cheryl walked out from behind the podium and joined the others "For now...we'll all start be getting acquainted with our assigned partners. Sound Good everyone?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 09:54:25 pm »
"Um Y-yes mam" ~"She chose me? why the hell would she chose me? Is it my history of mental instability? am I considered the biggest liability? am I the weakest link? a team should always pair the strongest and weakest members together, it balances them out...Our CO would surely be the strongest....but I got the highest test scores out of the applicants who made it...though I suppose my field test was questionable...but if I told them I was blind in my left eye they wouldn't let me serve"~

She began to walk over to her, still smiling, not outwardly showing her panic "Hi, I'm Ashe, you asked for me mam? can I ask why?"