Author Topic: Curious. Does anyone like a weird game called OFF?  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Nyx _Arethusa

• Species: Serval-Lion Hybrid
  • Male
Curious. Does anyone like a weird game called OFF?
« on: October 28, 2015, 09:11:18 pm »
Ohmygodihaven'tpostedinmonthshhhhhhh

So recently I got into a weird free game called "OFF". I don't want to spoil any of it because it's just that weird, but those who do know about this game will recognize the names "The Batter", "Zacharie", and "The Judge". It's a neat, weird little gem, so I just wanted to see if anyone on here has played it. I can post a link to it later if y'all want.
I'mma just floof. Here's a site that let's you have virtual pet babies.

<a href="http://www.petadoptables.com/register.php?referral=Kyra_Eldriche">Adopt your own virtual pet today!</a>

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
Re: Curious. Does anyone like a weird game called OFF?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:39:15 pm »
Never played it, but it sounds interesting. Could you post a link? :)
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Nyx _Arethusa

• Species: Serval-Lion Hybrid
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »
Never played it, but it sounds interesting. Could you post a link? :)

Sure thing! You can find the downloads for it here: http://offgame.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads

This Wikia has some other information on it, but I recommend just playing it. It's one of those experiences that are kinda ruined if you spoil it. There are some darker themes on it, too.
I'mma just floof. Here's a site that let's you have virtual pet babies.

<a href="http://www.petadoptables.com/register.php?referral=Kyra_Eldriche">Adopt your own virtual pet today!</a>

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 01:13:50 am »
I've previously played this part of the way through.  I was roughly at the library when I stopped playing; I just haven't gotten around to finishing the game yet.

I rather strongly concur with the "weird" assessment; if it weren't for the fact that it was weird in every sense (including visuals and music), some parts of the game's content might seem so out of place so as to be mistaken for an "all your base" level of translation error.  While the RPG-esque combat is... a bit bland and repetitious, there's thankfully the option for auto-combat (which will generally fail to kill bosses, but is usually sufficient for mooks).  In spite of that, though, it's worth playing for the story.

For the sake of not spoiling anything (even though there's not a whole lot I could spoil), I'll leave it at that.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Miser

• Passive Vengeance.
  • Male
    • Furraffinity
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 07:14:35 am »
I played that one a long time ago, together with some other weird games, which gave me an unsettling vibe for a few days that I loved more or less. I didn't get to finish, but I loved what I did play. I didn't much care for the puzzles, but the graphics and music hit the right spot for me. I'm planning on getting undertale at some point, I know it's not the same type of game, but. I'm hoping i'll get that unsettling vibe again.
If I could have ANYTHING in the world, I would like a sandwich.

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 04:08:23 pm »
YES! I played OFF all the way through and I really enjoyed it! Before that I'd never played a traditional RPG such as that, and I'm honestly kinda disappointed that there aren't many other traditional RPGs with a dark tone.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 04:46:37 pm »
So since there's a game called "Off", is there the opposite called "On"?  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »
So since there's a game called "Off", is there the opposite called "On"?  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

get out
GameMaster Status!