Author Topic: Story Of A Samurai (more of an explanation than story-telling)  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Samurai Kai

• Species: Snow Leopard
  • Hero of Hisakawa
  • Female
Story Of A Samurai (more of an explanation than story-telling)
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:14:44 pm »
Now remember, I'm not writing really a chapter or a story. It's more of a sloppy explanation, but here goes, what I have in my head so far anyway. I apologize if it is cliche and does not interest you, or that my explanation is not very good. ^^'
Also I am sooooooo sorry it is quite long. It felt good to get all those crazy ideas out, though.

Kai lived in a small little village known as Hisakawa with her mother, father, younger sister and older brother. Growing up, the feline was fascinated by swords and how warriors such as Samurai used them. She always wanted to learn, but her family discouraged the idea. Her mother saw something else for her daughter, perhaps something a little more... feminine, but of course, she wouldn't stop her daughter from chasing her dreams. Her older brother just chuckled and rolled his eyes, but then the way he felt about such an idea became serious, no more laughter. He couldn't imagine her as a strong bold warrior as himself, just like his father is... or was. So he discouraged it, too.

Her father however greatly discouraged the idea, he didn't like the thought and refused to believe a woman could fight or have the same standards as, and be accepted as a warrior. Bit of an egotistical bastard (somehow I don't have names set for her mother and father yet) and was quite a negative person in general. Her father treated everyone like crap, besides their oldest son, the father even gave Kai's younger sister a scar across the eye, Kai wasn't very happy about that and gave him a scar of her own, but anyhow! Despite what the family thought, Kai was still so very determined to learn. Little did she know that her older brother was a Samurai himself, but never mentioned this to little Naomi or even Kai, knowing the two would worry heavily about him, but father and mother knew of it. After a while, Kai's mother finally accepts and lets go of the fears she held with Kai with the reassurance of a local swordsman who happens to be a golden tigress, long story short (I'm lying again here) Kai's father is not so impressed after mother tells him of this "great" news he didn't find so great, ends up basically raging and heavily wounding the mother for her actions of encouraging Kai to train with a blade (his fear was that she would turn Samurai and gain a status he didn't believe women could/should have.) The brother (I should have mentioned his name earlier) Takeshi disappears due to the fire that the father soon set ablaze, separating the family. Kai catches a glimpse of the fire from where her and the woman were talking and quickly rushes back home, eventually finding her younger sister in the home (should have mentioned her name from earlier, too). Her father notices Kai as she ran towards the danger, it was easy for him to "blend" in with the crowd of folk that were trying to get away as the fire had already spread to other parts of the village. He went to lunge towards Kai her but then suddenly the swordsman from earlier quickly jumps in and defends Kai and manages to fight him off while Kai runs inside. Kai manages to save Naomi and reaches for her trapped mother, trying to pull her out from under all the debris. The fire is consuming the house and fast, and her mother urges her that she must leave and reminds Kai that she will always be with her meanwhile Kai is still trying to set her free, the two arguing back and forth about how she must go. Meanwhile Kai's father eventually stops fighting with the seemingly more skilled swordsman than he and quickly escapes while he can. The swordsman does not bother to go after him and turns her head, knowing that Kai was inside and quickly rushes after her. The swordsman sees her and Naomi and quickly grabs the two. "We have to leave now!" She says to Kai who tried her hardest to set her mother free, Kai, caring little of her own safety. Tears could be seen in Kai's eyes, tears in her own mother's as well, the situation hopeless. With no choice, Kai finally lets go, knowing she couldn't save her mother. As they leave the mother whispers thank you before, moments later, succumbing to her injuries, and the fire consuming her, the house collapsing. So dramatic.

Years go by since that day and Kai has been getting the training she desired of when she was younger. Naomi just watches from the sidelines, not really being interested in sword-fighting herself but is always with her, eventually she will have to discover what she wants to do herself. Growing up, Kai has been a mother figure to Naomi, with them having been pretty close even when they were younger, even though they would annoy the heck out of each other at times. Of course there is more to this story but I will stop right here. Kai's mission is to find her father now (continued down below.)

So basically Kai Shiro is a lone snow leopard warrior who searches for a way to redeem all that was lost due to her mother's death and the destruction of their ancestral home. She blames herself for not being strong enough to stop the events that happened at the time, she was very young. Kai hopes to one day achieve a form of peace and justice for all that was taken from those who lived there and to restore a balance that was once within her family, not just her own. Despite having quite the intimidating appearance Kai is most compassionate and respectful to most, a possible trait inherited from her own mother. The Samurai likes to think of herself as a philosophical warrior and all that she does is for the greater good. At times, this snow leopard can be a little cocky, but that is totally understandable especially coming from a feline such as herself, not to mention she is still young. She takes quite the pride out of showing others, especially her male rivals that she is quite capable of fighting and also loves going out of her way to prove that she isn't some type of damsel in distress who needs some knight in shining armor to come save her. Though, the possibility of another feline warrior companion is a nice thought.

But EVENTUALLY, Kai achieves what she had sought to, and becomes the savior of her home Hisakawa. Restoring peace and bringing honor upon the land and their home. She became a well-known and respected warrior across the land after vanquishing the tyranny that was her father (who became Shogun, long story short, he made Kai look bad and made the people chase her off, part of her goal was also to get through to the people that he was actually a bad guy) but she did not stand alone on her quest to take him down, for she had many friends and followers who stood behind and dared to take the pledge to restoring their home by any means necessary, and so they did. Her mission was finally complete, and upon such completion everyone celebrated that victory. Inner peace had been achieved for all. Some even say that the Samurai achieved a form of her own. To her, she just put the corrupt Shogun to sleep.
If you feel like you don’t belong in this world, it is because you are here to help create a new one.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Story Of A Samurai (more of an explanation than story-telling)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 12:52:43 pm »
I think your ideas will make a fine story. One of courage and honer for your main
character. I personally like female leads showing strength  and in control of their
lives, and still be proud of their gender.

Keep up the good work.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Samurai Kai

• Species: Snow Leopard
  • Hero of Hisakawa
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:43:06 am »
I think your ideas will make a fine story. One of courage and honer for your main
character. I personally like female leads showing strength  and in control of their
lives, and still be proud of their gender.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much! Perhaps one day I shall. I would like to make it an interesting story.
If you feel like you don’t belong in this world, it is because you are here to help create a new one.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 11:55:52 am »
Your welcome.  You have your whole life ahead of you, but if you have an
interest of being an author it's a good time to study writing and keep a
note pad to write down story ideas when you think of them.

The beauty of the internet is anyone can publish their work. You can even sell
ebooks on Amazon if you like.

oldrabbit.com