Author Topic: Plantigrade to Digitigrade?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Snatch

• Species: Wolf
  • Male
Plantigrade to Digitigrade?
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:41:44 pm »
I am looking into getting a fursuit, but most likely will only be able to afford a plantigrade suit. Would it be possible to later have the plantigrade suit made into a digitigrade suit? Or would I have to get a whole new suit?

Offline Imeall

Re: Plantigrade to Digitigrade?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:51:00 pm »
Hey there.

You would certainly be able to reuse some parts from the old suit such as at head, all four paws, etc, so long as you keep them clean and brushed (so that the fur doesn't discolor or change texture over time.)  But, the whole bodysuit would need to be redone.  Most digitigrade padding doesn't stop in just the legs.  It goes up into the waist.

However, this also means you would need to be able to get the same fur.  Furs sometimes go out of print, and even vary in color depending on the run.   There's no guarantee that your new bodysuit will match the old fur.

All of this to say, I think your absolute best bet would be to find a character that will look good in plantigrade in the first place for your first suit.  There's nothing wrong with having a suit character that isn't your fursona.  In fact, it can be kind of freeing.  :3

Good luck!