Author Topic: You have become the "Product"  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
You have become the "Product"
« on: February 22, 2021, 01:59:49 pm »
I found this article... it says a lot about how we are tracked and have become the "product".

I say we are becoming the prey, and Google and others are the predators.
I know the article is also about using the search engine they make, but, it still has points I wanted to make, they just do it better.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-Google-know-about-me/answer/Gabriel-Weinberg?pa_story=NTI3OTU0MDA2ODg0NjIyNzA3fDIxMTEwNjIzNTQ3NzM2NHww

Some people want to say "oh well what can I do?".  And others will not let loose of the leash they were so carefully tricked into wearing. 
Is your freedom worth the  seemingly low price you have paid? 

I guess I was born too obstinate and untrusting to be "okay" with large data collectors such as Google.
Spread the word, especially to younger people so they can help us change what is happening.
If you have options, use point to point encrypted items and do not store things on the cloud.

I say this because I am worried about us losing what freedoms we still have.  Not just furs, but anyone of free-mind.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: You have become the "Product"
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 02:52:20 am »
I don't use google. I use Duck Duck go. All this data mining is 99% useless information. When was the last time you got a pop up add and thought, "Man. I want that." ?
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: You have become the "Product"
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 12:46:12 pm »
I hear ya.
And I will use DuckDuckGo more now.

The idea is that the aggregated data can be used to profile you, where you go, who you meet, what you like and dislike and more.
This could be in terms of political party affiliation, food preferences, and protected info like sexual orientation.  Data aggregators can be used by potential employers, and false ideas gleamed about you. 

I personally am very private, and do nothing that should concern others, etc (nothing bad), but  I like the idea of knowing whats going on.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)