Author Topic: Allow different countries in Britain to have different threads.  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
Not to argue with mod authority or anything, but why can't british and other nationalities that aren't in the US have their own threads? The US is allowed to be broken into states, why can't Britain be put into countries? Not to mention that the other thread is calling all ENGLISH, so if you're going to lump them all together, change its name perhaps?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:07:34 pm by Shim »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Allow different countries in Britain to have different threads.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 07:58:41 pm »
*sigh*  :P

I'll assume you're talking about these two threads here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=43617.0
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=34543.0
Just for the record, there have been past threads started for other countries like Australia, Canada, etc. in the Furry Connections forum. In the first link above when I replied to MoonlightSerenity (MS), Nowhere in my reply was I suggesting he reply in the other English thread. I wasn't sure if the "Calling all English" thread was just for a specific part of the UK or if it was a thread for any and all furs from ANY part of the UK. So I made the suggestion to him to "check" that English thread "just in case" there were any Scottish furs who might have posted in it.

Now then.........

There could probably be individual threads titled:
* "Calling all England furs"
* "Calling all Wales furs"
* "Calling all Scottish/Scotland furs"
* "Calling all Northern Ireland furs"

.........in the Furry Connections forum. If needed, I could re-name the "Calling all English" thread linked above to: "Calling all England furs" instead.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 08:08:49 pm »
*sigh*  :P

I wasn't sure if the "Calling all English" thread was just for a specific part of the UK or if it was a thread for any and all furs from ANY part of the UK. So I made the suggestion to him to "check" that English thread "just in case" there were any Scottish furs who might have posted in it.

English-adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of England  or its inhabitants, institutions, etc.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:24:36 pm by Shim »

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 08:34:11 pm »
English, England furs, no difference. One just includes non-furry members from england. BRITAIN is all of the UK and such, but the way you said it made it sound an awful lot like you meant for them to just post in that thread.
The Calling All English thread was originally for ENGLISH furs, but the others all got shoved into it because of cultural ignorance.

And with the Australia one, and all those other countries you mentioned, they're pretty big places and could do with being broken into states/provinces, but I'd say those people would feel much the same way that I do, in that a thread about Victorian or Melbourne Furtopians would just get locked and told to go into the Australia thread and etc for other countries.

Edit: Kobuk, I'm not the only one that feels this way. My thread was originally a reply to the Scottish topic, but it was moved here by a mod who thought it was a legitimate issue, and I've been contacted by another who also agrees.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:39:25 pm by Saloonka »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:04:16 pm »
The Calling All English thread was originally for ENGLISH furs, but the others all got shoved into it because of cultural ignorance.

Re-read my post again, Saloonka. I did not "shove" MS into posting in that English thread. I simply made a suggestion and told him to "check" that thread.  >:(

Nobody is being "shoved" into a thread because of "cultural ignorance" and I feel insulted and disrespected because you think I would do such a thing.  >:(

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »
While I have absolutely no intentions of playing devil's advocate..

The English people =/= The entirety of the UK.

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 09:19:09 pm »
I'll go ahead and openly say that anyone can create threads for any size of group, whether it be an individual city or an entire country. Those threads are there to help people find each other.  If someone creates a thread for "Fruitville, UT" where the population is about 35, that's alright; they probably won't have many or any posts, but that's alright.

Anyway, we're gonna leave the "Scottish Furry" thread as it is.  Kobuk made a suggestion as a friend, and that's all that matters.  I apologize if people have been offended -- there are still a lot of scars from imperialism, but we Americans really don't understand it very well.

That being said, you are more than welcome to create threads for individual countries in the UK, Europe, or wherever you may be. :)
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 10:28:43 pm »
I don't think this issues needs to go much further. Wires have been crossed and it's been sorted. I'd image quite a few people around the world think England = UK.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*