Author Topic: (proper) Use of alcohol  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
(proper) Use of alcohol
« on: September 20, 2012, 01:21:15 pm »
I feel the rule is unnecessary restrictive. There is  a use of alcohol vs abuse. As a result many old cartoons may not be discussed here.

The largest problem I have come in the food forum. as result I could not discuss some of  my  recipes because they use alcohol, for example Chicken in Red wine and  Fajitas because I use sherry as part of the marinade base.  I could not discuss Japanese cooking, Sake and Mirrin are very important ingredients in a Yaktori, teriyaki base and sukiyaki
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:26:19 pm by Acton »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: (proper) Use of alcohol
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 01:40:43 pm »
Furtopia's current rule when it comes to alcohol being discussed is the following:

c) The encouragement/advocation (Possession, Use, Sale, Distribution, Promotion, etc.) of drugs, alcohol, or other illegal substances/items, and the encouragement of acts (violent content, hacking, vandalism, etc.) which could harm a person’s health/safety and/or get them into trouble.

Notice the key words in orange. If you wanted to post a recipe that used alcohol as an ingredient, you still could.
Most posts/threads/discussions that concern alcohol are taken on a "case by case basis" as far as what is and isn't allowed on the forums by staff. Most of the time, the staff have to limit discussion of alcoholic topics because of the increasing younger demographic of members on Furtopia. Therefore, most (but not necessarily all) discussion of alcohol must be taken to the adult forums.

Offline Amy

• A transsexual kitty ^-^
  • Female
Re: (proper) Use of alcohol
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:35:46 am »
As long as its explicitly stated that only legal adults may use alcohol at the very beginning, I see no harm in posting alcoholic foods. Depending on how long you cook the food, the majority of it is burned off anyways, you'd need to stuff yourself to death to get even the slightest effect.

.. Just my two cents. :p
Skype- amyandrews27

Furry Code