Author Topic: Shiru attempting to draw  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Species: Werecoon
  • The wind can't blow without having a scent
  • Male
Shiru attempting to draw
« on: April 10, 2015, 09:53:15 am »
So yeah I had my first attempt out here at drawing Shiru (my Fursona) and heres the sketch with pen blackening, and blue for special marking outlines. http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/David_Koontz/media/Deployment_Furry_Time/WIN_20150410_074538_zpsoulf4ea2.jpg.html?o=0
With my Mother's Love and Wisdom and my Father's Strength and Discipline... This I Will Defend...

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Male
Re: Shiru attempting to draw
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:54:12 am »
the thing around his head is a hoodie, which I definitely would appreciate tips or maybe sites on how to draw the body with him wearing a hoodie... Thanks and all criticism is accepted :)
With my Mother's Love and Wisdom and my Father's Strength and Discipline... This I Will Defend...

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 12:39:16 pm »
It's a good job for a first attempt..

The nose could use some detail. and the  right ear shows a bit too much to be on the
far side.

Best way is to diagram the head first. That helps prevent alignment difficulties.

Keep up the good work. :orbunny:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:42:06 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Male
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 12:44:03 pm »
Thanks Old Rabbit I appreciate the tip, Im hoping to see if I can order a drawing pad for my laptop while im out here so I can do detailed graphics with a computer and maybe get a high res photo out of it, but i think the programs are expensive and the equipment even more so. But I will definitely work on it, my biggest weakness is bodywork hahaha im terrible at it. any guides or pages I can finda  guide to help me out or any tips? P.S. the tip on the alignment of the ears helps me out thanks again

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 01:01:33 pm »
Glad to help.

You can get a good drawing pad for under a $100.. I paid around $60 for the Wacom pad
I use.  All of my art posted on furtopia was done with a small drawing pad.

Most drawing pads  come with light versions of paint programs.

Also there are several art programs for free online. One of the famous ones is called
Gimp.. It is similar to Photoshop.

Tutorials for drawing furry heads and bodies are easy to find googiing.  Also look here on furtopia
under Techniques and Tutorials.

Feel free to ask questions anytime. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Male
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 01:07:32 pm »
Thanks a bunch Old Rabbit!!!! *runs to his log and grabs a shiny orb filled with gifts that he acquired from his deployment* Here's some shiny stuff :D

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 11:34:31 am »
Thanks a bunch Old Rabbit!!!! *runs to his log and grabs a shiny orb filled with gifts that he acquired from his deployment* Here's some shiny stuff :D

Oooo so shiney. "Tosses you a cookie." 

Your welcome. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com