Author Topic: Topic reply boxes acting funny.  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
Topic reply boxes acting funny.
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:36:06 am »
Not sure what name I'd give to this problem, but I've noticed when posting a long reply that requires the text input box to start scrolling, it will start jumping the scroll bar to the top, regardless of curser position. It doesn't do it as soon as the text reaches the bottom of the box, but has to go several lines down and also seems to be dependent on the amount of characters used. I.E. I tested this by simply hitting the enter key over and over to space down to the point of needing to scroll without typing other text and the issue didn't pop up. When you move the curser with the arrow keys or are typing, the text will jump to where the curser is, then back to the top right after. I've also double checked to make sure my scroll function on my mouse wasn't activated, and it also doesn't scroll the main window when reaching the top limit of the text box as the scroll function would do. I've seen this problem pop up in both the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread, the full reply page, and when creating new topics. This is on I.E. 8 and Windows XP w/SP3.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Topic reply boxes acting funny.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:42:41 am »
I've never had this problem before. Have you checked your comp, settings, software, etc.?

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:47:49 am »
I used to not have the problem as well, then the computer I'm on went down for a long time (see my post about the Beast living if you want the details), and I used a backup that also didn't have the problem running Win 7. Back to this one, the only thing I changed for good was my video card drivers, which I doubt would cause this issue. That and the various Windows updates. Ever since I started using this computer again, I've seen this problem. So I wasn't sure if something was changed on the site, or what. If I'm going to be making a long post, I now have to write it up in a word processor so I can read it as I'm typing, then copy/paste it here.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »
I think this is a software problem on your comp. I've had this issue on other sites and it's generally fixed itself somehow though I can't tell you if it was something I did x_x
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:53 pm »
That tends to be the case a lot of times it seems with software. DX

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 08:12:24 pm »
What about browsers? Have you tried firefox, chrome, and god forbid- internet explorer?