Author Topic: Finding your Fursona  (Read 59819 times)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: Finding your Fursona
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:36 pm »
I'm glad that this thread is still going, I had made it so I could come to a decision on my own fursona but reading it now I see some very nice stories. I want to thanks you all for posting and I hope it keeps going with each new member.

*passes out Kit Kats to those above* Kit Kats all around!
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 12:52:30 am »
I'm still fairly uncertain about the completeness of my fursona, I know he's canine, but that's such a huge range! I know he's mostly wolf like, but I really do like that brown color, and not a complete wolf (I'd like to have my brown eyes). I also know that I would love to be in an anthro form, but still myself. Therefore I'm in an undergoing process of making myself look like my ideal furry.

I used to want to be a dragon, but then... I dunno. I somehow switched to canines. It just satisfies myself by saying that, that's how I know. I sometimes find myself snarling at my friends when they do something I don't like, but then stop at the idea of being too weird (they don't know I'm a furry). I also, honestly, really love being scritched on the head! Overall, I'm trying to place my personality into the furry body I want and calling it my fursona. :)
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 01:07:40 am »
When I first arrived a few weeks ago, seems longer... I was told to just take it slow and don't worry if I change fursonas a few times.

Of course I thought about for all of maybe an hour before choosing Timber Wolf, I don't really want to change, I know I chose a steriotypical 1st but I really feel a kinship with wolves and canines in general. My guiding spirit is a Timber Wolf so that has a LOT to do with it too. :P Either way I'll stay a wolf.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Mianame

• Female
    • www.mirches.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 01:23:57 am »
When I first arrived a few weeks ago, seems longer... I was told to just take it slow and don't worry if I change fursonas a few times.

Of course I thought about for all of maybe an hour before choosing Timber Wolf, I don't really want to change, I know I chose a steriotypical 1st but I really feel a kinship with wolves and canines in general. My guiding spirit is a Timber Wolf so that has a LOT to do with it too. :P Either way I'll stay a wolf.

Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about the generic thing. As you grow your fursona most likely will as well, so though you feel a connection now don't be afraid if that changes later! I was an abyssinian for so long that I was afrid to change to a serval. My last change really threw me for a loop especially since I had started to establish myself as a serval in the community. Then I finally said 'screw it' and did what I felt like.

Basically remember that other people's opinions are not important here. Only your own and how you feel :3

Offline Zoopedia

• Male
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 01:45:22 pm »
I went to a Zoo today and finally chose my fursona. I'm a Dhole!
I am the cookie Dhole. =3

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 01:59:22 pm »
oh wow! That's very specific (not good nor bad) and awesome! I've never even heard about that animal till now! I do like it.
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Zoopedia

• Male
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 02:20:36 pm »
Aww thankies =3 I like their appearence and they behaviour matches my personality in many ways.
I am the cookie Dhole. =3

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Pick a number, any number
  • Male
    • My Furaffinity page
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 04:31:24 pm »
Than that's great for you, good choice (:

Decided to get a sort of back-up Fursona going myself (everyone else seems to have more than one, so I figured I'd hop on the boat as well). My main Raccoon dude is still my main dude, but I also heart my new guy (he's a dog, a yellow lab, and (personality-wise) almost the polar opposite of my main Fursona).

That is all. Just puttin' it out there (:

Offline Kaseiko

• Foxes Rock!!!
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 07:45:49 pm »
Well for me it was the fact that i liked what foxes symbolized in both native american and japanese culture. Plus I liked foxes in general because they are living fluffs that bark! Whats better then walking down a street and then an orangeish fluff comes out of nowhere and starts yapping at you :P So yeah thats how I came to a fox fursona.

Offline Kayle

• Species: Fox
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 02:50:24 pm »
I had a fursona long before I knew about the fandom.  I've allways felt a connection to wolves, and, more recently, foxes.  It's really just the animals that I love mashed together. :D
"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company."
-Mark Twain

Anyone use Telegram?  Hit me up!  Username is KayleStorm!

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 08:07:31 pm »
I'm nearly the same way.  I've had a wolf fursona since I was three, and of course kept it upon learning about the furry fandom.  I feel a bit lame for choosing the most popular fursona, but when I think about how similar I am to wolves, and how noble and cool they are, I feel much better.  Of course, one species can never describe all aspects of my personality; I have a lot of influence from foxes, skunks, and a little bit of reptile, so my fursona reflects this.  He (or I, I guess) is pretty much a bipedal rainbow, with black, silver, brown, red, and white colorings, and a black-and-white (almost mismatched) tail.

My fursona is constantly changing and shifting, so I'm open to changes, even drastic alterations in species (although this is unlikely).  I follow my heart and what I like.  It just so happens that my favorite animal is the one that I relate to the most!  :goldlaugh:
"Don't forget to cash all your checks before you legally change your name" ~ Me

"A winner is a person who's present when someone loses." ~ also Me

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 02:10:00 am »
Bah, don't feel lame for choosing a popular fursona. Because in the end he/she really is unique! More than half of the fursona is the personality. Even if it is just yourself.
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Kayle

• Species: Fox
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 10:34:26 am »
Bah, don't feel lame for choosing a popular fursona. Because in the end he/she really is unique! More than half of the fursona is the personality. Even if it is just yourself.

amen, brother, amen.
"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company."
-Mark Twain

Anyone use Telegram?  Hit me up!  Username is KayleStorm!

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 08:33:34 pm »
Thanks.  I feel a smodge better now!  :) :) :D

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 02:22:19 am »
When I "joined up" I was determined to choose a species which would represent me no matter how my feelings changed.  I took all kinds of online personality tests and read about different animals in which I had an interest, and the fox jumped out at me as the best fit.  My personality type and behaviors are similar, I enjoy the look and idea of the animal, and I even look good wearing the same colors!  For me the whole exercise was about finding the best representative of who I am, and allowing the fantasy parts to represent my dreams and desires.  Wings, for example: I love freedom and artistic expression (words being my tools).  Also, flying is cool!

To echo others' statements about "generic" fursonas: what's more important than being generic or not is whether your fursona fulfills your expectations for it.  I like to joke that people who choose a fox, but switch later, can't handle the awesomeness of the fox! ;)  But really, whatever fits the bill is the right choice.  Don't follow trends because that defeats the purpose of creating a unique fursona.  Also, I've found myself at times maybe a little jealous over others' cool animal choices, but in the end my fursona is me and I chose it because it's what fits me best.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Black Foot

• Me in my Wolf form
  • Male
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 09:34:05 pm »
for me I loved canines but it was hard to choose which dog I wanted to be. I wanted it to be a domestic wild animal so I went with my gut instinct and chose a wolf since they are domestic and they are wild out in the woods.
In Memory of Balto the one who saved a dog sled person & his dogs from cold temperatures.

Pets name: SandStorm
Adopt your own!

TO all that lives in the Darkness be proud of it and to those who

Offline Esquire

• Male
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2008, 08:35:04 pm »
I'm a mild klepto, so Raccoon was a natural choice for me.  Other than that, I liked raccoons and their cheeky side, plus I just felt some kind of connection to racoons.
Thanks to Neifon Baako for signature

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2008, 09:07:37 pm »
I've considered Raccoon myself. And that was before I read Tales of the Questor. ^.^

Offline Esquire

• Male
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2008, 09:42:20 pm »
So Tachyon, Why did you decide to go for your fursona now instead of the wonderful world of raccoon?

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2008, 10:06:58 pm »
Because it just fits me better! ^.^ Besides, raccoons can't fly.

Offline Esquire

• Male
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2008, 10:30:15 pm »
I'm prepared to test that theory hahahaha joking.

Offline Salem

• Male
    • Sal's DeviantArt
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2008, 01:59:42 am »
My first fursona was... well, I didn't exactly realize what it was, because I was 7 at the time with all my 'make believe' pets and selves. He ended up being named Hunter, and from the time I can remember was always a wolf, but in my mind a separate part of me.
I guess over the years it evolved, but I never really got the connection between my 'friend' and 'me'.
In the end I finally found out that my other-self could technically exist, or rather, the time I figured out what a persona was.

My current fursona took a bit of time though, and I can barely explain how it came around. I knew it'd be canine, and have glasses, and probably wavy hair and fluff, but the orange and blue? I have no clue where that came from. Either way, it's stuck, and sense then I've just taken it as it was; evolution.

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2008, 02:24:35 am »
My first fursona was... well, I didn't exactly realize what it was, because I was 7 at the time with all my 'make believe' pets and selves. He ended up being named Hunter, and from the time I can remember was always a wolf, but in my mind a separate part of me.
I guess over the years it evolved, but I never really got the connection between my 'friend' and 'me'.
In the end I finally found out that my other-self could technically exist, or rather, the time I figured out what a persona was.

My current fursona took a bit of time though, and I can barely explain how it came around. I knew it'd be canine, and have glasses, and probably wavy hair and fluff, but the orange and blue? I have no clue where that came from. Either way, it's stuck, and sense then I've just taken it as it was; evolution.

Orange and blue?  Cool, but . . . I want to see a pic of it!  If your avatar depicts your fursona, then it's not showing up.  Maybe try uploading it from a site like Photobucket.  I had the same problem with an invisible avi pic, and this method worked.  Then we can all see what you're talking about!  :)

Offline Vincent Rose

• Male
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2008, 03:55:32 pm »
For me, I just always loved tigers. I had pictures on my wall, and just felt similar to them. I would say I naturally liked them, but I chose to have it as my fursona as well.

I'm still developing traits and such. But its a creative experience that shouldn't be rushed. (:
Check out my Furaffinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/vincentrose91/
I'm Vin on the IRC.

Offline Anthro_Inquisitor

• What is feared is not what is evil.
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 08:46:53 pm »
To find my fursona I went through numerous facts and information about specific animals in order to find which ones had traits similar to my own personality. Usually using a symbolic manner.

I am a Drake-bat, and symbolically, a fruit bat. Why? Most people I meet (at least until they really know me) are exceptionally afraid of me. They also see me as a completely trapped in the night life, as well as someone to is very intimidating. However like a fruit bat (more specifically the flying fox breed) I am completely harmless, a Gentle Ben so to speak. I am a tad heartless which is show able with a bats stereotypical history, yes I'm not unwilling to put a wing around a person in need or to be the good Samaritan to people. Also like bats I'm very keen in my abilities with sound, I hear many base levels of music and ambiance that usually most people skip; as well as being able to completely shut out sound with ease.

The drake part comes from my force of will. I'm stubborn, I love to stay in my little 'cavern', I prefer being in control and (if necessary) taking control of any situation. These of which are 'stereotypical' of a drake (by drake I mean dragon by-the-by).

There are other reasons for my choice, which has taken me years to make, however I'm a bit tired right now (thus the outrageously long and odd sentences) so i can't think of the others.