Author Topic: Reactions to Other Animals/Furries  (Read 13615 times)

Offline Greeblig Venn Aridarr

• No, Cheesoid! That's petrol, not cheese!
  • Female
Re: Reactions to Other Animals/Furries
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 12:38:27 pm »
The fox hunts that we have here in Britain make me so angry I want to scream. As does seeing foxes (particularly silvers) in fur Farms.

I often see wild urban foxes when I am out walking at night. They sometimes stop at look at me as I stalk past. I once lived near a railway line, and, just over the fence from my back garden, on the railway embankment, there lived a pair of foxes who raised a family of cubs there. I remember gazing out across the railway line, and noticing a tiny, sooty face staring back at me from the dappled undergrowth.

I used to see them as they went out hunting and returned later; jaws full of wood pigeon.

Now, I live close to a college and I often see foxes playing on the grounds.

A fox sometimes visits my garden. He occasionally sleeps on the shed roof.
When fishes flew and forests walked
And figs grew upon thorn,
Some moment when the moon was blood
Then surely I was born.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/aridarr/

Searching for someone who will listen to me sing to myself from outside the door without ever letting me know they can hear me...

Offline Wolf Axle

• Male
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 08:18:39 pm »
yes I am able to "speak" the wolf's language i can know what they are thinking within moments wolves speak to me they tell me thier story and where they've been even if I was watching tv it i could see their person thier intellect and such. It is odd I know but what they're saying is true they know.  It's like telepothy  ;)

Pet's name: Iruu Darra
Adopt your own!
my fur code: FCW A+ C- D+++ H++ P++++ R+ T++++ W Z Sm RLWC a- c++ e- f++++ h* i++ j++++

Offline Slylin

• Slylin, in animal form
  • Male
    • Slylin's FA
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 01:06:49 am »
When I see something sad like a dog getting hit, or someone really sad and stuff I sometimes "whine" or "doggy pout" without even noticing and sometimes in front of my friends by accident x_x
Check out my FA here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/slylin/
Are your energy levels keeping you down? Having a hard time drawing at night? Well sleep no more with my all new Slylin's Stay-Up-All-Night drink. It is crucial to your success! http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,37115.msg719345.html#new

Offline Jade

• Female
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 01:26:58 am »
Cats love me. Every single cat I've ever been around has come right up to me when I call for it, even the wild things from the woods behind my house. I always seem to know exactly what my cat wants, even when it's something like a certain type of "human food" from the fridge. I'm starting to think that I'm going to be one of those crazy cat-ladies that everyone's afraid of.

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 09:48:54 am »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:09:59 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline EmuMadam

• Female
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 09:04:53 am »
I feel sad whenever any animal is harmed via human causes. It makes me upset, and I tear up or even cry upon watching/hearing about anything like that.

Same with me to Aleya Lunara. I'm always tortured about that to. :'(
I wish I could save all animals in the world from evil people.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:06:43 am by CaseyCoati »

WhiteLion

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 09:21:19 am »
You know, whenever I'm at someone's house where there's a dog or a cat, I end up paying quite a bit of attention to the animal, especially if nobody else is.  I don't want them to feel lonely.  Of course, some people find it strange that I'll just sit in the middle of the floor to play with them, but that's what happens.  :)

Eurgh I'm the same, I'll stop doing whatever I am doing to give my cat some attention - Sometimes this can be a problem.
Hehe, Yeah But I know what you mean, I do that to :)

Offline moonraiser

• Male
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 09:25:12 pm »
Dogs hate me. All of them. As soon as they see me, they'll throw themselves up against the fence trying to get at me. When I used to go trick-or-treating, every dog I saw would immediately jump up and start barking and try to squeeze themselves out the front door so they could maul me where I stood. It was traumatizing.

B-But you guys don't hate me, right?
   No we dont hate you, but what your describing really sounds familiar. Like not too long ago i had a tennis match and when I finished I passed this husky that these people had and it acted really wierd and skiddish around me but didnt do that to anyone else. It is probably just the dogs personality or something but I just thought it was really wierd especially since it was around the time I had just become a furry.
"We humans fear the beast within the wolf, because we do not understand the beast within ourselves." - Gerald Hausman

Pet's name: fell
Adopt your own!

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 09:39:04 pm »
I could have sworn I posted in this thread...

Anyways, most canines (generally the more towards a wild species, the more likely they are to) love me (including a rather plump coyote near my house) (I have foxes behind my neighbor's and my house) (one of my other neighbors has a fluffy husky, and I seem to be her favorite person in the world). Not all do, since highly domesticated dogs don't seem to be terribly fond of me.

We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Blue Wolf

• Female
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 11:37:33 am »
I never had the pleasure to meet a wolf in freedom but when I go to the zoo in my area I always get the feeling that they recognize me. They even come near me.
I like every animal but when I`m out in the woods with my dog we often see deer on the fields. Then I catch myself wanting to hunt them...

Offline Patchworkbear

• Intensive Care Bear
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 07:43:14 pm »
I'm different. My animal is not flesh and blood but plush. I have little patience with flesh and blood animals. I like our dogs, but there are times when they really get on my nerves.
As for teddy bears, whenever I encounter one I'll either talk to it or pat it on the head. If I see one, I usually head straight for it. Just today I was drawn to a crane machine filled with big plush Pooh Bears. I would have tried for one, but I needed the money for food. I also have a habit of noticing teddy bears in movies, commercials, posters, pictures or whatever, even if it's not prominent. Also, with the exception of dogs, I generally have contempt for plush animals that aren't bears. I don't like seeing teddies manhandled, especially if it's one of MY bears.
As for my reaction to furries, I've never met one in meatspace. I'd love to of course, but I seriously doubt there are any around here.

Offline baracudaboy

• My furaffinity
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 06:19:41 am »
Cats love me.
 :) I swear, it could be a fod damn feral and I'll get close to it and it will just disolve into purrs. This happens most often when I vist the shelter my mom works at. I'll walk up to one of the feral cages, or one of that cats who just came in and they'll be a lot nicer to me then they were to the other people trying to help them.
Also, I am usually insticntivly afraid of big dogs, and it takes a while for me to warm up and not feel skiddish around them.

Other furries? hmm, well at my first convention last year it came so easily!
i wrote a big long journal when i got back about how magical it was, to go into a big unknown setting, withc people i didn't know and just be able to talk to them so naturally.

i am usually very nervous and shy in crowds, but at the furry convention i can't rmeber feeling any of those things the whole time i was there.
with other furries it came so naturally and wonderfully.
 :-[

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 01:50:28 am »
When I'm invited into people's houses and they have pets, I'd rather play with them than interact with people. Teehee  (:

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 09:46:15 am »
I some times, I am embarrased to say. But I sniff the wind. It makes me feel like an idiot sometimes. but while your out side, You get allot of strange and wonderful smell drifting on the breeze. Sometimes I start sniffing before I even realize I am.  (:

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2009, 06:16:52 pm »
When I'm invited into people's houses and they have pets, I'd rather play with them than interact with people. Teehee  (:
I have a tendency to do that as well... X3
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 07:36:09 pm »
Cats have always trusted me way more than dogs have. Although there have been exceptions. And I rarely get a chance to go to a zoo, so I wouldn't know about too many other kinds of animals.
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Konu

• Male
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 10:02:38 pm »
Ive always been able to connect with animals, they seem to just come over to me and i tend to pay alot of attention to them when they come about.  As for animals within my home, I treat them like siblings.  My dog (before he passed  :( ) I would always get down on the floor and on fours playing with him; nudges, toy squeaks and tugs with my maw [yea...my parents thought it was odd, but they could see how it made him happy and passed it off as nothing], etc hehe.  And now my cat i play with like a dog because she treats me like a fellow animal and I am more than happy to give into playing, but her claws do hurt quite a bit lol.
As for fellow furs...ive never been able to meet any others outside of online, but Im hoping to amend that very soon

Offline oxoxtwinklexoxo

• Female
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 07:05:42 pm »
Other canines dislike me. They often bark or act apprehensive towards me.
Cats are also often put off by me until I've given them a good sniff or three.
I tend to be very loving of other species.
Live free, on two paws or four. Let your spirit soar.

Offline Kelo

• Awakened Otherkin
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity page
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 10:24:36 am »
I'm EXACTLY the same way. Whenever my bf takes me to his friend's houses to hang out or party, I pay attention to their animals. I get very nervous in social situtations, and interacting with their animals is much more relaxing and less threatening.

This, in general I tend to talk to and enjoy the company of any dog, cat, or other species far over that of any human.
"In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions. Isn't that another way of looking at it?"

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 03:46:26 pm »
 :o Deja Vu...

Errr... anyway... Yeah, I've had some reactions to animal that the mundane would consider "unusual". For example, I just break down whenever I see a dog die, I just can't handle it. It's almost as if I just lost a best friend. Yet, if a close family member dies, I would be sad, but I wouldn't become hysterical like I would to the dog...

Also, there's the way animals react to me. Canines and vulpines, no matter if they are wild or domestic, almost always want me to pet them. Recently I have even interacted with a red fox! I was walking in the woods nearby my house (I live in the country) when I saw the fox. I sat still for a while, observing it, then it spotted me. I was expecting it to run away, but it didn't. In fact, it came up and sat down right in front of me. It even allowed me to pet it! As you can well imagine, that moment was priceless. Then my father had to come along and cause the fox to dash away... My dad always ruins everything... *sigh* How I wish I had a photo of the fox to show you all...  :'(

Cats hate me though. When ever I get within a mile of one, it will start hissing as if I was a monster or something. The only cat that actually likes me is my Domestic Shorthair, Speck.

Offline Kelo

• Awakened Otherkin
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity page
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 11:49:29 am »
:o Deja Vu...

Errr... anyway... Yeah, I've had some reactions to animal that the mundane would consider "unusual". For example, I just break down whenever I see a dog die, I just can't handle it. It's almost as if I just lost a best friend. Yet, if a close family member dies, I would be sad, but I wouldn't become hysterical like I would to the dog...

Also, there's the way animals react to me. Canines and vulpines, no matter if they are wild or domestic, almost always want me to pet them. Recently I have even interacted with a red fox! I was walking in the woods nearby my house (I live in the country) when I saw the fox. I sat still for a while, observing it, then it spotted me. I was expecting it to run away, but it didn't. In fact, it came up and sat down right in front of me. It even allowed me to pet it! As you can well imagine, that moment was priceless. Then my father had to come along and cause the fox to dash away... My dad always ruins everything... *sigh* How I wish I had a photo of the fox to show you all...  :'(

Cats hate me though. When ever I get within a mile of one, it will start hissing as if I was a monster or something. The only cat that actually likes me is my Domestic Shorthair, Speck.

That is truly awesome, a therian canine spirit you must be! I can only wish to have such things happen to me.
"In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions. Isn't that another way of looking at it?"

Offline Nathan Wolf

• Circus Trova
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 03:18:06 pm »
I have to second that, that sounds like the single most amazing thing I've heard of I am completely jelous of you.  >.<

Alot of my family has already died though so I don't have to see any more of them go away.
My mother wants to move out to the country as well but I won't be seeing anything as awesome as a fox that would let me pet it.  Completely envious right now

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2010, 05:40:37 pm »
 :) Yeah. I'm either extremely lucky or extremely unlucky (more often unlucky than lucky). That just happened to be one of the greatest strokes of luck I have ever had. Of course, several bad things happened fo several days afterward (I won't go into detail about it for fear of hijacking the topic)...  :P

Offline Kelo

• Awakened Otherkin
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity page
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 10:35:42 am »
There is no luck involved, having a very much aware animal like that fox choose to want to great you in such a way isn't luck at all. That fox had good reason to want to do that and while I cannot speak for the fox its really quite a shame you didn't get to interact more. I will wager to say your father is more or less the cause of a lot of your problems and 'bad luck' you like to call it.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2010, 02:35:51 pm »
You know, whenever I'm at someone's house where there's a dog or a cat, I end up paying quite a bit of attention to the animal, especially if nobody else is.  I don't want them to feel lonely.  Of course, some people find it strange that I'll just sit in the middle of the floor to play with them, but that's what happens.  :)

As for foxes, I have yet to meet one, sadly.  However, any pictures or videos just leave me in awe; I almost get paralyzed in wonder, to tell the truth.  I'm not sure how I'd react to seeing one in real life.

At friend's houses, I always end up doing that too, usually, the cat ends up sleeping on my head, but i don't mind.  As I'm typing this, my aunt's cat is rubbing herself against my leg.  My friends know that just a thing about me, is that I do that, and how at some points, I'm actually paying more attention to the dog or cat than my friends xD..