Poll

Would you enjoy and play on a PC Minecraft server for Furtopia and our friends?

Yes - Survival (no PVP)
3 (37.5%)
Yes - Freebuild (mix of creative and survival)
2 (25%)
Yes - Survival (with PVP)
3 (37.5%)
Yes - Creative
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Interest in Furtopia Minecraft Server for PC/Mac/Linux  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
Interest in Furtopia Minecraft Server for PC/Mac/Linux
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:57:47 am »
You can select up to 2 choices.

This survey is for PC/Mac/Linux minecraft only. Sorry, but I don't own a console version, and the servers can't go across platforms.

There's been quite some talk about Minecraft lately and I'd enjoy a private Minecraft server for us here at Furtopia and whomever we personally invite!
If there's enough interest, I'll look into hosting a server.

'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Interest in Furtopia Minecraft Server for PC/Mac/Linux
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:49:37 am »
i might be able to host a pvp server and you could host the other ones you mentioned, so maybe your server would be the place where people go to take a break after their house gets blown up/raided

so 2 furtopian servers now i guess (mine might have some down time tho)

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 02:05:11 pm »
I appreciate the idea Gray Wolf, but I think 2 servers would be too many for the relatively small population here. Maybe we'll just go with your server huh? :)
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 03:25:38 am »
well the thing about the server im thinking about is that there will be no rules (besides no spam, no hacks)

also one thing that people might not find that fair is that my base will be surrounded by bedrock when im offline (and my base is the only one that will have that due to the fact that it would be hard to manage other bases that have walls) so pretty much for people outside my base you either have someone you trust on guard duty at different times, or you find some way to completely hide your base from others.
it is possible that i might get people from my school in the server so dont be surprised if you see disturbing/offensive things said in chat or built on the map, if things start to get out of hand and they go to far with something i will step in, but other than that i will not do much.

so it depends on if people see it as fair enough for my base to be like that (i will not be hostile towards furtopians unless provoked) and if they are ok with greifing being allowed. (i dont plan on it to be a strict pvp server just a server where almost anything is allowed)

this is an idea for a server i have yet to download any files for it yet (my computer isnt even plugged in at the moment and i do not have internet access currently) once the server is started it night take awhile to build up on players (if i get kids from my school on it then we have a crazy war zone all ready)

if there is enough interest in the server then i will make a different topic with info on it. im not sure if people would even like the server so thats the reason for if you want to make one.

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 01:54:36 pm »
I see.

I am hesitant about the idea of an anything-goes kind of server specifically because of griefing. It's great if you're looking to play a lot and want a more intense experience, but I'd enjoy a much more casual game where I can build, knowing safely my creations will be preserved.

It also is quite unfair for just your province to be protected, but hey, it's your server. :D
It's unfair, but in a silly/fun kind of way.
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 03:09:02 pm »
i kinda have the idea of my town/base to be like a safe area in the world, might even allow people to have a storage area within it (i will not be an active pvper mostly just defending my base). i am not much of a fan of the run around greif style of servers but this is kinda the closest i can get to a pvp server that doesnt require bukkit or annoying things like that that take awhile to set up.

for the pvp aspect the only real threat i see would be kids from my school, dont think id see much fighting between furtopians.

Offline Wildhead_the_fox

• Species: Red Fox
  • Your friendly neighborhood Red Fox! :)
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 06:13:41 pm »
If I was able to, I would prefer a survival-type experience much like factions!
Normal people look at things that are and ask, "Why?"
True innovators look at things that aren't and ask, "Why not?"