Author Topic: What do you see in your chosen Fursona?  (Read 5941 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: What do you see in your chosen Fursona?
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 11:14:01 pm »
I see a creature who uses his wits to get through challenging situations.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kira

• Female
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 12:05:55 pm »
Well, Dragon because I have absolutely LOVED dragons ever since I was little... I use to play the Spyro games excessively. xD Dragons also have very similar personality traits to me to. Plus my Chinese zodiac thing is a Dragon.

And the Puma/Panther (well whatever you want to call it) part I still haven't decided on whether i'm more like a Tiger or a Puma. Maybe I could be a bit of both, I have most traits of big cats, though especially Tigers and Puma's.

Offline Fun Guy

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 10:41:46 am »
I'm a snow leopard because I always thought they looked the coolest and I'm usually a very quite person and I love sneaking around and attempting to go unnoticed they are intelligent and rather calm animals that's why I'm a snow leopard

Offline Schindler

• 'Nother Big Ol' Tiger!
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 05:59:36 pm »
I was born in India, and what better way of personifying India (other than an elephant) than the tiger? Tigers have always appealed to me since I first saw one in my childhood and it had a huge impact on me. The Siberian tiger part of my fursona was added because I love those cats because of their sheer size. And their fuzziness in winter!

Offline Winter Lynx

• Species: Lynx
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 04:32:11 pm »
I felt like something feline made sense since cats move and hunt silently and I don't know why but one thing I really love is just going out when it's dark without any of my housemates noticing, going for a walk when there aren't many people about and just not being noticed. I've always been good at moving quietly and sneaking by people if I don't want them to see/hear me and that's what I think of most when I think of cats. I've lived pretty much my whole life in rural Northern England so it had to be something that likes hills and cold/wind/rain and the lynx just kinda felt right. One other thing is that wherever you find lynx you'll find wolves - wolves are impressive creatures and great hunters and whenever they hunt everyone around can hear them howl. Lynx hunt just as well, can fight just as fierce, but they work alone and in silence and I've found I have a lot of respect for that.

Also the tufts on their cheeks remind me of my own messy hair   :P
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:34:01 pm by Winter Lynx »
I am not a student with a drinking problem, I am an alcoholic with a studying problem.

Offline Captainwumbo

• Species: Penguin
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 11:39:38 am »
I feel that my fursona represents my love for winter and snow, and also brings out my loving and caring side. I also have a huge love for penguins.
waddlewaddle~

Offline Winter Lynx

• Species: Lynx
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »
I also have a huge love for penguins.

There'd be something wrong with you if you didn't.
I am not a student with a drinking problem, I am an alcoholic with a studying problem.

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 02:42:13 pm »
I've always enjoyed the presence of felines, particularly housecats. I tend to get along with them better than people in most cases, and I tend to have a special trait that lets most cats get along with me faster.

Not to mention, the darn things are just so cute. They poop in boxes, yes, but when you ignore the terrible smell that accompanies those boxes, they are gorram adorable.

Anyways, that was a tangent. I actually have a very strong pair of themes in my fursona's backstory; Not letting one's anger consume them, and to never underestimate what someone will do. These serve as a reminder of my own situation in reality.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Sadiki

• Species: lion!
    • FA
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2014, 09:32:23 pm »
my fursona started off as a side character for lion king roleplay/fan art/fanfiction. eventually, I found myself becoming predominantly active in online communities in which i used my lion character to represent myself more often than my wolf fursona, so I switched over to using Sadiki as my fursona.

although I didn't originally intend for a lion to be the species representing me, I have come to consider it very fitting. my astrological sign is leo, the lion, and I identify VERY strongly with being a leo. overwhelming affection for others, an appreciation for the luxurious things in life, steadfast and loyal, sensitive to how others perceive me/my intentions, a need for attention and love, etc.

it seems only fitting to have a lion fursona!

Offline WhiteAkitaKeiko

• Species: hug loving American Akita
  • I will find you, and I will hug you
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 07:23:41 am »
Mostly Akitas are independent, wise , funny , very wary of strangers, curious on trying new things,have their own ways (just like a cat!) and of course being loyal. They're strong breed (In my case I'm strong mentally) and protective of loved ones . We can feel your emotions and understand them because we lived through this. But we need to work on expressing :D . All these traits fit me stupendously perfect.

My love for them began in 2011 when I got Anakin . I always had closer connection with him than my family. Also I dislike extreme heat and prefer the coolness of winter.

Bonus ••> Who doesn't love the double coated fluffy fur and curled tail??! :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:32:04 am by WhiteAkitaKeiko »
Icon by myself

Choose wisely who you hate and hunt.
Because the shot you've used..might've been fatal

Offline Maky

• Species: coquerel's sifaka (lemur)
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 02:42:47 pm »
I picked a lemur through a very long process. When i finally came to terms with my furryness i talked to my furry friends and my brother and brainstormed until we came up with lemur. I was satisfied with that because i felt it fit me well. I then preceded to make a lemur tournament based on traits and what i thought fit me,until i found the kind of lemur i liked and connected with. coquerel's sifaka was the end result.

Offline Turgius

• Species: Anthro Wolf/Dragon thing of questionable sanity...
  • Avatar is Artz by Flinters on FA
    • FA Account
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2014, 03:05:40 pm »
Complex yet simple answer. Iv always loved dragons, and Iv always loved wolves, and in particular werewolves. So I decided to mix them up a bit to get the current sona. His predecessor was born around 2005 or 2006 while taking boring standardized tests, so relativity recently I added a set of dragon inspired horns, but have yet to solidify any other dragon aspects to him. I went with the Canis lupus rufus for the wolf part as they are native to the Americas and i rather like the fur coloration compared to the grey and black wolves you usually see.
“Oh I've plenty of time, my time is entirely my own.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Идиот

FCWh3a A C D H M P R T+++ W- Z Sm- RLGP a cn++ d++ e++ f-- h- i++ j p sm-
-Furry Code

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2014, 11:48:34 pm »
Coyotes are crafty, clever, and resourceful. I sometimes have to come up with programs/projects in my volunteer work with very little in the way of resources and on short notice. I've had to research and adapt/repurpose/construct my own specialized equipment--like a certain cartoon coyote. Like that cartoon coyote, I do not give up. I go back to the drawing board and try again until it goes right.

"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2014, 12:00:17 am »
Both my current fursonae reflect some of the many aspects of my own personality.

Iara (originally Raptor) started out as a Jurassic Park homage, but eventually grew into her own character. I chose a dinosaur as my main 'sona because dinosaurs were my first love. I've studied them for many years. Iara is anxious, shy, quiet, and an excellent huntress. She tends to be on her own, through circumstance or choice. She will fight to protect her loved ones, whether mate or mentor, friend or youngling.

I chose a big cat 'sona as my secondary because I loved The Lion King, Born Free, and other tales of mysterious jungle cats when I was very young. Like Iara, Moongaze the leopardess is a loner. She too is relatively quiet and tends to be introverted. Sometimes she has a pair of iridescent black, green and purple wings, others she is an ordinary anthro leopardess. She loves to read, write romance novels, and drink lots of hot chai tea at a local coffeeshop.  (:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:04:10 am by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Corvus Corone

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 07:34:53 pm »
Feathers.

Offline Wildhead_the_fox

• Species: Red Fox
  • Your friendly neighborhood Red Fox! :)
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 11:37:22 pm »
Bravery and strength( for sword fighting )
Normal people look at things that are and ask, "Why?"
True innovators look at things that aren't and ask, "Why not?"

Offline WintertheWolf

• Species: Arctic Wolf/ German Shepherd
  • Hello everyone, I am Winter The Wolf!
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »
I mostly see intelligence in my fursona (Winter). I cant really see anything else other than he has his stuff together. It is kind of like a continuation of what I want to be.
/ \_..._ / \   Made by WinterTheWolf x3 l
| /  \_ /  \|                              <-------˩
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   /    ---> Please hug me!
 /'-- U --' \               I like hugs!
 |    .:.     | /\              *hugs*
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -'  
 /   |'-' |  \    Follow me on flickr!--> https://www.flickr.com/photos/134683888@N07/
`""`    `""` 
Profile pic by TimberWuff!(Thx!)

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 04:21:52 pm »
I like cats.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 06:52:55 pm »
A very barbaric,wild, and insane version of me(hence being a northern sergal :P) and well my other one.  A already very party version of myself.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:51:01 pm by Amducious »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2015, 06:55:35 pm »
Some brief descriptions of what part of me is represented by a handful of my various characters.

Aaron: The person i wish i was.  Kind, loyal, always willing to lend a helping hand.

Meak: Rowdy, friendly and easy to get along with.  Then also having a quiet, sensitive side, and being in an unending war with depression.

Faroe: A sorta reckless fun-loving personality, never missing an opportunity to crack a good joke.  But at the same time feeling bad for everything you do, even the little things, never knowing for sure that when you friends say that they forgive you, they really mean it.

Amyen: Extreme, overwhelming empathy.  Having a heart of gold buried underneath a mischievous mask.

Chaerom: Insanity.  Paranoia.  That overpowering unknowing of what you're capable of, the crushing feeling that if you do one thing wrong, lose control at the wrong moment, you will ruin your life permanently and forever.  (Sad thing is... i relate better with this guy than anyone else.)

Offline TheGreatWhiteWolf

• Species: Northern Wolf
  • Akela the lone wolf of the North
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2015, 04:41:12 pm »
I see my fursona as everything I am in real life but combined with my favourite animal. Not afraid of a challenge, works well in a pack but quite capable of being on his own, surviving in harsh environments.

Ever since I was very young I was told stories about wolves and was instantly fascinated. Some nights on a full moon I will find myself looking up and just losing track of time because I've gone off daydreaming about what it would be like to be my fursona

As for my colours I went with something different than the classic wolf colours. I chose light blue accents to highlight my lighter easier side, white to represent my home in the north, dark blue for my darker side, and grey to represent the blurred area between reality and fantasy. My eye colour was chosen to represent the fire that burns inside of me for the things I am passionate about.

My name, Akela, means single or solitary and that relates to me as I am kind of stranded where I am being a furry as my city, as far as I know has almost no furry community and I am in the middle of all the major cities but too far away to easily get to them. (Don't believe me. Find Thunder Bay on a map)

And that in a nutshell is what I see in my fursona

Akela, the lone wolf of the north
The Power Within Me Is Greater Than Any Fear Before Me

Offline SierraPalewind

• Species: Akita/Wolf mix
  • Woof! Doggo wants to play!
  • Female
    • Sugar Foxes
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2015, 02:10:44 pm »
Playfulness, loyalty, intelligence, strength, and power, all rolled into one dog-shaped lump.
Always open to Roleplay! Message if desired. Fursona Name: Mahika.

Offline Nyte Kitsune

• Species: Black and White Kitsune
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2015, 10:57:47 am »
Well, at first I had chosen "Wolves" as I do have a "Thing" for wolves. After studying the traits of both wolves and foxes though I realized I had more in common with foxes. I settled on Kitsune, as the idea of having more than one tail seemed a little more unique, their "Mythical" magical abilities suited my inner belief that magic "Might" exist, since there really is no proof that there really isn't magic, I like to believe that magic may exist, just that few of us in the modern age, if any at all, have the ability to manifest magical ability due to our reliance on science and upbring in believing that magic is "Fantasy". Also though I've only been to one Convention (Rainfurrest 2014), I rarely saw foxes with more than one tail.. lots of dragons, wolves and cats though. Kitsune seem to be a little less common.

Additionally the name was really just completely random, I had been considering a reptilian fursona at first (As in addition to wolves, I love reptiles, real, or imagined) named Sstaan, I had been using that name for Skyrim and my reptilian humanoid characters in Champions Online, when one day I decided I wanted to create a second persona and needed a name. I wanted something rogue'ish and yet gave the idea of someone who operated at night. I tried an alternate spelling of "Night" and simply spelled it "Nyte". Shortly after that I decided the name really didn't suit a reptile so I started thinking about my favorite canines and combined Nyte, with Kitsunes, thus Nyte Kitsune was born. I abandoned Sstaan altogether (I had been using that name for email and even my XBL profile) and as such completely immersed myself into Nyte.

Nyte is a compilation of every character I have ever made, he is me and all my other selves of every other reality, fantasy, sci-fi, modern age, all rolled into one neat package. As all of my characters were modeled after myself he's not far from being as real as I am (Aside that IRL I can't wield magic, nor do I pilot 50' tall giant robots), I am however skilled in the use of the 3 weapons all of my characters have been skilled with, Katana's, Staves, and the Bow & Arrow (The staves and bow being my best weapons). I'm also quite a marksman with firearms, but as I can't stand how uselessly noisy they are, I refuse to use them, besides, I prefer stealth over a gun battle.

Sorry for that being so long, but.. you asked.  :P
"Nose to the wind, I go!"

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 10:57:52 am »
It was hard for me to choose between a fox and a wolf. Wolves are beautiful creatures. So are foxes. They are both carnivorous and I do love my meat. I guess Starfox indirectly pointed me towards being a fox because the wolf guy is a bad guy and Fox McCloud is a good guy. I am also a lot clumsier than I would like to be, what with my huge body and all, and foxes are quick, nimble little creatures. Wolves are big and intelligent creatures. I really like both of them. But, eventually, the fox won. Even though I absolutely hate What Does the Fox Say by Ylvis. That song is really annoying. I like to work alone rather than in groups, and foxes hunt alone. Wolves hunt in packs. Sometimes you get the occasional lone wolf but, in general,  they hunt in packs.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Honey Bun

• Species: Bunny
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2015, 12:31:51 pm »
I went through quite a few different species before deciding on bunny.

I really like anthro cats, horses and snow leopards (and other stuff too), but every time I tried to design a fursona as one of those species, it just didn't feel right. It wasn't enough like me. And I wanted something that acted like me and something I could kind of resemble in real life.

I'd gone to bunnies a few times before, but I never really tried because it seemed too easy of a species. But one day I was drawing myself as all sorts of anthro creatures, and as I drew myself as a bunny, it just felt incredibly right, and looked absolutely perfect. Then I really began to pay attention to the similarities:

-bunnies are usually pegged as homebodies, which I am

-they can be kinda timid and scare easily, and... well, I have anxiety, so..

-they eat a lot (eh heh)

-they perk up and freeze when they hear a noise (and I literally just now realized I do that too)

-they can jump well, and I can too

-they can twitch their noses (and I can too)

-they have big feet (and yeah, so do I. >.>')

And so on and so forth. But yeah... I feel like I act and think the part, and kinda look it too. So it stuck, and now I'm a bunny. :P
*hops away*