Author Topic: Does having a picture make your fursona feel more compleate  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Helios_phi

• Species: Canis lupus arctos
  • Male
Re: Does having a picture make your fursona feel more compleate
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2016, 03:18:16 am »
LOL It was a REALLY REALLY cheap and thin cut of steak we got for her first birthday.

She is super cute. I bet she enjoyed it  :)
Throw your pebble in the mainstream and start a ripple.

Offline Ziaki

• Species: Wolf
    • Ziakiyarntails.com
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2016, 08:16:27 am »
Thanks. i'm sure she did. But she also eats cat poop so I don't think her tastes are very discerning. HA

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 09:50:30 am »
I didn't have a drawing for any of my fursona's till later. But I do feel it adds to
the fantasy.  At least for me. :orbunny:

i really have to agree here. i knew what my fursona looked like and what species they was before i had art, but having the art does add an extra dimension to it. now, i have art of my fursona so i dont have to just picture them in my head.
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2016, 05:42:06 pm »
Having the pictures does really help make it real for me because it takes my character out of my head and turns it into something that other people can actually interact with in the world.
For example, I use images as avatars or contact photos so that other people can me the same way I'm picturing myself.
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2016, 06:41:53 pm »
The current version of my fursona comes from my Second Life Avatar.  The one I had before that came from a drawing I made specifically for that purpose. So I suppose... technically yes, maybe?  Though honestly, I'd still picture it in my mind anyway. 

Kind of related, I have other character ideas that I've been working on for story purposes. Most of them currently don't have any visual representation, and the one's that do are totally subject to change.  So I think whether I see it as complete or not is separate from whether the art is done. Completing the character design non-visually will aid in figuring out how to represent them visually. Though the creative process flows in both directions.

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 02:39:24 am »
Yes. I have very few images of Mahao, but they help me immensely. Without them, it can be kinda hard to visualize or reference his appearance. And having the image of him grounds him in my mind in a way.