Author Topic: what about lycanthropy?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Keayrin

• Species: is hooski
  • a challice filled with purple wuskycoffee
  • Male
what about lycanthropy?
« on: January 29, 2016, 03:45:31 pm »
ok so a long time ago, back when i didnt know what i was talking about, i posted a topic here in which i tried to liken being a fur to being schizophrennic, but i was really thinking of mpd. needles to say i got lots of hell for it. (sorry...) but it got me thinking. if one were to liken being a fur to a... mental dissorder i guess its called. any way, what about lycanthropy? i know its not nice to even contemplate things like this, but its bugging me so let the hell commense. lycanthropy is when one absolutely and wholeheatedly believes that they are a wolf or some other animal. its quite rare. im not sure if there are other symptoms. but thats my thoughts on the subject.
got bass? drop it.

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
Re: what about lycanthropy?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 06:32:54 pm »
Well I mean I have nothing to say if people can live with it and don't hurt others and or themselves, hey, it's fine to me. Probably they do have to get some medication and maybe life it's not easy for them but if it is considered a mental illness and they can get it fixed, good for them.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Literate Lycan

• Species: Gothic grey wolf
  • Male
Re: what about lycanthropy?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 04:11:42 am »
Clinical lycanthropy is a rare psychological disorder in which the patient is convinced that he or she has transformed into an animal, not just a wolf. It may be linked to other conditions like schizophrenia. One would need to do more  online research on this and stick to purely authoritative, independent sources. Whether one who has been diagnosed with clinical lycanthropy is a danger to his/herself and others, I suppose that depends on the individual case.

Beyond this, I'm not sure what you're asking.

"All stories are about wolves..." -- Margaret Atwood, "Blind Assassin"

Avatar by Blitzy Arts : www.blitzy-arts.weebly.com

FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter: @VarekWolf

Furry code: FCWh3a A- C D H+ M- P- R+ T W Z Sm- RLGP a+++ cm+ e+++ f h++++ i+ j p+