Author Topic: Founding of a furry community.  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Founding of a furry community.
« on: April 25, 2016, 09:00:44 pm »
Say for example you and a group of furries are explorers and heading off to a new land to start a community. Sorta like the way the Pilgrims started out in the 1600's traveling to America and exploring/colonising the continent.

What type of community would you and/or others as founders of that community create? Agricultural? Hi-tech? Medieval? Or something else?
Feel free to describe in detail what your new founded community would be like. Clothing, Customs, Language, Arts, Sciences, Government, Education, Housing, etc., etc.

Feel free to use whatever time period you want too. Whether it be primitive or outer space or something in between.

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
Re: Founding of a furry community.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 01:22:18 am »
It would be very unrestricted. However, I would try to promote Mandalorian values. I would also try to make us a culture of warriors.

If they would be willing to follow anything, we would essentially be furry Mandalorians.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:55:39 pm »
A nice small quiet community would be good. Maybe something related to agriculture, textile making, trading, and some mining. I often like the time periods/styles of the medieval/rennaissance period or perhaps German villages/scenery of the 1800's.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:39:38 am »
Being a creature who likes his veggies, I would vote for agriculture.

It would be kind of nice to have a simple easy going community, but some how I doubt if
all furries could get along very well. I mean we all have our natural instincts and needs.

Now if we could just have common biology so we could live togeather in peace and
tranquility it might work out quite well.  Of course there is always that old problem of
survival of the fittest, and greed. We like to think animals are exempt from human badness.
But animals fight and die over territory, possessions, mates and food. Just like humans do.
Ok they don't have guns, but being torn to bits by tooth and claw might be worse.

Some species like Wolves have a social organization that works well for the pack/family.

So following their ways we would have to kick out some younger members of the community
or risk over population, starvation, and fights.

Life, no matter it's shape or intelligence has to deal with biological needs to survive.

Perhaps one day when machines can repair themselves, we can all live in a virtual
world where we all can live lives of our choosing. With no risk to others. That is
likely as close to utopia as we will ever get.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:46:49 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com