Author Topic: Anthro West  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Lava

• Getting all crafty up in dem mines!
  • Female
    • Lava's Deviantart
Anthro West
« on: January 16, 2011, 01:41:20 pm »
Okay so the idea of this is anthros in the old west, simple enough! We can start when there's a couple of people interested. Also I encourage you not to post a character sheet, I trust you guys to make fair, well rounded characters and I find doing those sheets to be a chore. Let's just find out about each other's characters as we go along.
You can of course be anything you want, but I'm going to insist that anyone who wants to be a native plays as species that are native to the Texas/Arizona area. Horses, rabbits, coyotes etc.

Map of Algoma
(small holdings and ranches etc will be added to the map as people join in. Obviously ya gotta ask me if you do want your character's home to be added!)

The year is 1880, and life in the small state of Algoma has never been more difficult.

This especially infamous corner of the untamed west, with its lingering native problems and bandits who attack travelers indiscriminately has made real civilization avoid this place. Railway companies are too scared of possible train robberies, and as a result trains are almost non-existent in Algoma. Coupled with bandits attacking the Pony Express and any delivery wagons, the state is pretty much cut off from the outside world.

Armadillo
Armadillo is the biggest town in Algoma. It boasts several saloons, the best doctors office in the area, gunsmith and a large general store. Typically Armadillo is the most peaceful town, mostly populated by white-collar workers and the more privileged folk. They sometimes run into trouble from the gang who set up in Hope’s Chapel, but the sheriff is organized enough to deal with any trouble makers quickly.

Rattlesnake
A once prosperous mining town, that fell into disarray when the nearby gold mine shut down. Rattlesnake is now a husk of its former glory with only a sparse handful of the bravest original residents left. It’s mainly lawless these days, populated by killers and bandits. Not a ghost town just yet but it might as well be, the authorities recommend travelers steer well clear of this place.

Coyote
Your typical dusty western town. Not as lawless as Rattlesnake or as rich as Armadillo, but Coyote seems to get by alright considering. The local gang at Hope’s Chapel often frequents the town’s saloon, but nobody seems to mind the business and they don’t often cause too much of a ruckus. Coyote has all the usual shops (gunsmith, general store, doctor’s office) and is unusually the only town in the area to have a hotel. It doesn’t have many residents save for the store owners, but it’s the main hub of activity for the local ranchers, small holders and gun slingers.

Hope’s Chapel
The hideout of the local gang. Stay well clear unless you’re brave or stupid.

Native Camp
Home of the Mausi Indians. They’re typically hostile to anyone but their own but don’t go out of their way to cause trouble for the folks who leave them to their own devices. Ranchers had attempted to run them off their small patch of remaining land unsuccessfully in the past, and it's widely accepted as too much bother to try these days. They usually keep to themselves but a handful of the more recent generation have been tempted out into this new 'civilised' world in search of glory and riches.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:48:01 pm by Lava »

Offline MWBrantley

• This's the kind of thing that no-one ever believes
  • Male
Re: Anthro West
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:26:03 am »
I'm interested, if this is still open.
Plan? What plan? I'm making this up as I go...

Offline Thorna87

• Female
Re: Anthro West
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 06:22:36 pm »
 ( i too would be interested if this gets started back up!)
*my logic is erratic.*