Author Topic: What is the absolutely craziest thing you've ever seen or heard?!? :3  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
Re: What is the absolutely craziest thing you've ever seen or heard?!? :3
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 01:31:48 pm »
I don't know how much this would fall into the craziest thing I've seen, but certainly one of the most memorable. I was on the last days of my on the job training for trucking, driving north up the interstate in Florida during one of those days where you're constantly in and out of rain showers (ok, that's EVERYDAY in Florida, but I digress. :P ). Just as I came out of one, I was passed by a big rental box truck. As he was coming back into the middle lane in front of me, a drunk driver in a minivan was headed south in OUR fast lane. The rental truck tried to move over quicker into my lane as he was already half way there, but he still clipped the minivan. The rental truck ended up rolling onto his side, the minivan going half into the median, and me screaming an expletive as I hit the brakes. Thankfully I kept it upright and didn't jacknife, but just about threw my trainer out of the bed and he was thinking "this is it" himself since the curtain was closed and he couldn't see out. Keeping an eye on my mirrors, I saw cars and trucks going everywhere (was a busy day on the roads).

I got stopped on the shoulder and my trainer and I walked back. The guys in the rental truck were shaken up a bit, but otherwise ok. Didn't look like there were any other injuries to the people behind us. When we got to the minivan, there was already a Sherrif's deputy treating someone in the passenger seat. I thought it was a passenger until someone told us that was the driver. The impact was so hard, it pushed him over there! It was obviously law enforcement was already trying to find this guy because of how quick they were on the scene too. I know the drunk driver was still alive at the scene, but I don't know if he actually made it through or not. He was pretty cut up. We ended up leaving since we didn't have any damage to our truck and there were already a lot of other witnesses to give statements.

And on a related note, more recently I saw someone else going the wrong way on the interstate. This was a couple of months ago and late at night. So thankfully the few cars and trucks (myself included) were able to get to the shoulder as we saw him coming, and the state troopers in hot persuit on the proper side of the interstate. I have a police scanner app on my phone, so I tuned in to it and happy to report that they were able to stop him without causing an accident by using spike strips on his car. They didn't say he was drunk, just that the driver was "confused".
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• im a Scientific enthusiast
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 05:15:52 pm »
my cat plays fech
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• im a Scientific enthusiast
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 07:45:00 pm »
1 time i was in my bedroom and i had made a small bow and arrow set
and i  was fireing them for a bit and i get the idea to make a flaming
arrow  so i make 2 or 3 i forget how meny but i  decided to test them
...in my bedroom *face paw*
the arrow lands in my dirty clothes pile and
i had no more dirty clothes :-[
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 02:13:19 pm »
SHEPARD_DOG -> You lit your clothes on fire?!?! :D That's crazy!
Sk Skunk -> Laughing about bodies? What punks!! :goldpissed: I hope karma comes to bite them before I do!

Mooncat > Now, I am ultimately scared of trucks and idiots with trucks.

Not that I wasn't anyway. One time, my dad was going to Virginia and he was on a bridge and the traffic wasn't moving. But all of a sudden he sees this HUGE ford truck coming straight at him, not stopping. He's in this little station wagon and he starts beeping to let the truck know, "You're an idiot, watch where you're going!!!" But, apparently, they don't speak Station Wagon. >.> He gets hit, the car is a pancake, and he survives. But, our christmas presents get squashed, (Rather them than my dad, right?) and the really ironic thing is, my dad was going to Virginia to get back surgery! He's got a broken back because of some idiots who make people work too hard, while they sit around sorting paper and money!!! My dad used to build bridges, houses, he worked at a shipyard for a while. But he just couldn't take it anymore and got surgery. But this guy screwed up and didn't replace the slipped disk. And my dad was going to get it fixed! But, this chick driving the truck, (Her boyfriend's DADDY's truck), is too busy texting to look up! My daddeh got squished!!! :o  :'(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:23:11 pm by DarkDemon »
I just got mai computer fixed!! :D :3
Surrender the peanuts!
ScourgeFur on DeviantArt! :D
:goldlaugh:

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 10:36:00 pm »
The absolutely craziest thing I've ever seen I can't post here due to our PG-13 rating... Let's just say it was overseas and involved throwing darts. Or perhaps it was picking wallaby out of a landing gear at 3AM... Who knows, it's all a blur :p

We had a guy release the spoon off a grenade and drop it instead of throw it. The instructor tackled him behind the barricade and the rest of us enjoyed the partly sunny weather with a chance of shrapnel showers. We also saw a guy o a mo-ped get nailed by a truck. His carcass left a grease stain on the road that was still there when we left the deployment. (Wear your helmets -he might have lived if he had worn one.)

Oh, and then there's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCSBoOcGFFE

My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 11:14:40 pm »
Picking wallaby out of landing gear? Poor little thing. Oh, and EPIC video! That was freaking hilarious! But, poor grease stain dude, ouch! And, that's probably what he gets, driving a freaking moped, jeez!
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Vulpes Fuscus

• Male
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 05:03:59 am »
Ah maths class, where would my days go without you

My weirdest maths class went on the subjects of...
 The French revolution, squeezing you canned drink to stop it from fizzing up, Genghis Khan, Paper Mache,
 Grooming dogs properly, and being a bank teller.

This was ONE class.
Silliness is a hobby, not a full-time job

Time flies when you fire a clock out of a cannon

Every time a lunatic sees the ocean an angel gets it's wings - My sister

Offline Juno

• In your X Ying your Zs
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 05:05:13 am »
not craziest....but.

we drove a forklift through a wall on purpose the other week. a door was created  :D

Portals... to mainstream. now your thinking with forklifts :3

A MEMBER OF THE MIDNIGHT CREW... ♠

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:56 am »
Vulpes > My math class was like that, too! My teacher would just talk to us about random things, life... and then the class would argue about football. I thouroghly enjoyed watching them act like idiots. My teacher would bet bragging rights, like he said if his team beat their team, he could brag, and if their team beat his, they could brag! It was funny! :D
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Akita

• Life is one big playground enjoy it !
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 05:44:34 pm »
about 20 of my furry friends put on fursuits during work. i would have joined but i don't have a fursuit as of yet. But i threw on my ears put my collar on and grabbed my tail. then a friend of mine (not furry) who has access to a room that controls the speakers around the building . started playing LMFAO- party rock anthem. And in unison we started doing the shuffle. Good times!
Life will get you down at some point but there is always someone to lend you a paw.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 10:44:59 pm »
about 20 of my furry friends put on fursuits during work. i would have joined but i don't have a fursuit as of yet. But i threw on my ears put my collar on and grabbed my tail. then a friend of mine (not furry) who has access to a room that controls the speakers around the building . started playing LMFAO- party rock anthem. And in unison we started doing the shuffle. Good times!

Where would you work that has 20 open furries?

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 03:13:49 am »

Where would you work that has 20 open furries?

you have pricked up my ears in interest too  :o
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline SuperBaz

• Male
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »
A couple buddies of mine found a random iPod in his suitcase after we got home from AC one year. We had no idea how it got there or who it had belonged to, so we decide to randomly play it. We had the TV going at the time on some cartoon or another, and when we played the iPod it started with the Mika song "Lollipop".

I kid you not, the cartoon characters' lips synched up EXACTLY with the song lyrics. The whole room just bust out laughing for the next 20 minutes! :D I've never again had that happen but that was some funny craziness.

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 07:04:18 pm »
Ha! Funny, that has never EVER happened to me! Why can't awesomeness happen closer to me?! But, something happened today in P.E., I did an epic tumble roll, (after tripping myself while jumping over someones leg), then my shoe flew away, I snatched it midair and then put it on and ran to the bleachers! Not one scratch! :D
Surrender the peanuts!