community group sub-forums > tech talk

File Conversion

(1/2) > >>

Cobalt:
I've got a .png file on my computer that I'm able to open with Photoshop, but I need to convert it to a .jpg or .gif in order to use it for something (going to try and use it as cell phone wallpaper)

Does anyone know of a way to convert the file type? I tried doing a "Save As" in Photoshop to see if it'd let me change the file type that way, but it will only let me save it as a.png. I'm pretty sure there's a way to do this, but I'm out of ideas how.

Ciasmi Violette:
Open it in MS Paint and save it as .jpg

Otherwise, you can try and do it the old fasion way. If you have the details of the file up, rename it. When you rename it, you replace the png with jpg, and thus, it should work

Weisseman:
Photoshop should allow you to change it to jpg. CS3 does (since that's the version I use).

If not try in paint, GIMP or paint.net

If they fail I haven't a clue  

Cobalt:
All right, thanks. I'll have to try those when I get home from work today. I was underthe impression that manualy changing the file extansion would corrupt the file. I'll have see if I can change the extanion in Photoship (using CS2) and do that. If not I'll try the MS Paint  or GIMP thingy. Thanks for all the help.

WhiteShepherd:
There is a free image viewer/converter on the web called INFRANVIEW .  You can google it to get it. It's easy to use, free,  and will convert almost anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version