Author Topic: Microsoft Surface Pro 2?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Fuyurin

• Female
Microsoft Surface Pro 2?
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:41:46 pm »
I've never had any experience with the original Surface Pro or the like, but I was a bit impressed when I got to play with the store display modem of the Pro 2 and I might want to invest in one. Anyone here have one already? Is it as awesome as it seems to be? Is it actually garbage?

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 2?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 12:22:43 pm »
No for multiple reasons, I a built my own computers because it's a good bit cheaper, b it has windows 8 on it which I kindly refer to computer aids 3.0 (Me begin computer aids 1, vista being 2). Touch screen is just a marketing ploy to be honest it doesn't do anything for me, I can draw using my tablet if I need something like that, and mouse are superior to touch screens <w< sorry.
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Mylo

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 05:04:04 pm »
In my opinion the Surface Pro 2 is a great product. Amazon reviewers seem to agree. The question is...what do you consider important? Some people don't like Windows 8; I've used it and think it's pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it (especially on touch screens).  If you are fine with Windows 8, that's not a problem. If cost is not a problem and you like the product, just go for it. The worst thing that'll happen is that you return it on Amazon, right? :D

One thing to add though. There are a lot of Intel-based tablets nowadays that run full Windows 8 Pro that are comparable to the Surface Pro 2. If you are looking for something in that product category (touch screen tablet computer with Windows 8 Pro) then it might be of benefit to look at all the other offerings and see which one is the best.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:08:26 pm by Mylo »

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:05:43 pm »
No for multiple reasons, I a built my own computers because it's a good bit cheaper, b it has windows 8 on it which I kindly refer to computer aids 3.0 (Me begin computer aids 1, vista being 2). Touch screen is just a marketing ploy to be honest it doesn't do anything for me, I can draw using my tablet if I need something like that, and mouse are superior to touch screens <w< sorry.

Tablet != Computer replacement

I've looked at the Surface 2 Pro but it's price it too high for me. I can't see me needing a tablet that costs as much as a cheap laptop which will do more for what I tend to do.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*