Author Topic: MFM 08...  (Read 11439 times)

Offline speed_wolf

• Male
Re: MFM 08...
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 08:38:02 am »
on my way..gonna be at the con itself tomorrow though.
Vote Voltage for a new dewfox design!

Offline lilfurbal

• Cuddly Kitty Cat
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 12:22:24 pm »
Well, seems I'll be getting to MFM Friday somewhere near when the con starts.  I wouldn't know what to keep an eye out for since I won't have a fursuit yet, *maybe* an orange leopard tail, though I'll most likely be hanging around a green and white husky and a wolf with rainbow hair.  Regardless, I will surely be at MFM :D 

Edit : Oh, I will be wearing moogle shirts too :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:54:21 pm by lilfurbal »

Offline Far_Raptor

• -._.-Lost at seA-._.-
  • Male
    • http://farraptor.livejournal.com/
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2008, 12:48:34 am »
Have a blast fellas!  Take lots of pictures.  :)

Thanks to Baconstrip for the awesome sig!

Offline Tommy Fox Stone

• Commander Of Skull Squadron...RDF...
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008, 05:05:28 pm »
if all is right Ill be in room 311

I hope that room is alot better then the one you had last year...
Captain T F Stone
 U.S.S. DEFIANT NX-74205
One Photon Torpedo Can Ruin Your Whole Day THINK ABOUT IT

Another winters day Another grey reminder of what used too be that has gone away Its really hard too say how long we have too live with our insanity we have too pay for all we use and we never think before we light the fuse...

Member of the Millennium Club...

C.S.A.

GOD BLESS TRUMP!...

Offline Sage

• Bunny
  • Female
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »
Ok Will be leaving work at 5, and its a 3 hour drive so see everyone around 8 or 8:30pm tomorrow! :D

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2008, 02:27:59 pm »
I talked to WS this morning and he said that there were a TON of Furtopian's at the con!!  If you want to see him most likely you can find him, or leave him a message  with TigerWolf, in the internet room!  I told him to be sure to take a lot of photos and to get the Furtopian's and make sure he is in some of them!

I asked him if there was going to be a Furtopian meet and he said that could be arranged. :)  That would be so cool!

If any of you Furtopian's are there and check this topic give WS and each other a hug from ME!!

Offline Twizler the skunk

• confused kunk that thinks it's a opossum..
  • Female
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2008, 05:15:05 pm »
Ohhhh Nozzzzz itz almost over!!!!!   
Hiding since the green husky take over

Offline Baako

• Big scaly bundle of boring ^__^
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2008, 05:19:11 pm »
pictures...... WE DEMAND PICTURES :D

but seriously, pics of the con would be cool cheese 8)

Please give 'em a click ^..^

Offline Tommy Fox Stone

• Male
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2008, 09:12:43 pm »
Well sadly MFM-08 is now over, I do hope all of thoses who got too had a lot of fun and took lots and lots of pictures, if so PLEASES post then up for us too see...and reme,mber every one only 365 days until MFM-9... :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:06:41 am by Tommy Fox Stone »
Captain T F Stone
 U.S.S. DEFIANT NX-74205

Another winters day Another grey reminder of what used too be that has gone away Its really hard too say how long we have too live with our insanity we have too pay for all we use and we never think before we light the fuse...

C.S.A.

GOD BLESS TRUMP!...

Offline Savaaha

• Female
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2008, 01:23:35 am »
I has lots of pics but due to REALLY slow connection I cannot upload. It was a great con and I had a ball.

Now I'm stuck here and all the furs are going home. We cant get home due to the hurricane so are staying an extra day or 2.

Offline Tommy Fox Stone

• Male
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2008, 09:14:20 pm »

I'm glad too hear you had alots of fun, I wish I could have been there, then you wouldn be all alone. I hope the humicame don't cause you too many problmes
Captain T F Stone
 U.S.S. DEFIANT NX-74205

C.S.A.

GOD BLESS TRUMP!...

Offline Sage

• Bunny
  • Female
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2008, 08:45:46 am »
Back home safe and sound, and PCD has hit major. At least I brought back a friend with me who will be staying with me for the week due to the hurricane. So that helps a lot!. The con was completely awesome, it was great to meet WhiteShepherd and Savaaha and her husband and all the other furs I finally got to meet. I'm already missing everyone and wishing that the con wasn't over lol. Sadly though I have no pictures due to not owning a camera (hate those darn things).

Offline lilfurbal

• Cuddly Kitty Cat
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2008, 10:33:04 am »
Now that was fun, being my first fur con and all.  What an interesting experience~  Next con I'll prolly be in suit :)  I wasn't able to do a very good job at identifying furtopians though, though I at least got to say a few words to wildbilltx  XD

I was walking around with a leopard plush a majority of the time.  I have some pics, and videos though cannot upload right now.  Will prolly get to doing that tonight.

Offline speed_wolf

• Male
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2008, 12:43:04 pm »
Did anyone get video of the singing furpile on Saturday night?  I'm somewhere in the back and on the bottom.
Vote Voltage for a new dewfox design!

Offline lilfurbal

• Cuddly Kitty Cat
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2008, 01:13:40 pm »
Did anyone get video of the singing furpile on Saturday night?  I'm somewhere in the back and on the bottom.

Hahah, I don't think I got video of that but I was around that furpile for awhile.  I took several pics.  I was tempted to jump in along with that other non-suiter, but being a non-suiter and jumping in a furpile would prolly get me in youtube videos I'd rather not be in out of suit XD

Offline Jeefers

• Male
    • midwesttent.com
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2008, 01:46:59 pm »
Whew! Another fun con for sure!

I got to meet a lot of people and consume mass quantities of free pizza.  The restaurant at the hotel was dismal and I didn't have a car, so got a bit over pizza-ed for the weekend, but everything else was pretty kick. Next time we might just rent a car or bring some food.

The hotel got a bit full when the refugees from New Orleans started flowing in, but they didn't seem to notice that everyone had tails.
Some of the classes were good, but some of the instructors were consistently late. I particularly liked the drawing classes and the fursuit games were hysterically funny --- cheating was rampant and made for a lot of sillyness. All in all, lotsa fun.

Can't wait for MFF in November - see ya there!

Jeefers
Jeefers - Raccoon on a rampage!

----------------------------------
FPRm3ac C++ Dm+++ H+++ M--- P+++ R- T++ Z+ Sm+++ RLMH a++ cbdlmnuw d-- e+++ f++++ h++ iw+++ j++ p sm++

Offline Savaaha

• Female
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2008, 01:59:33 pm »
Got in late last night after a 3 hour delay trying to get pizza. Arg, never eat at the Magee,MS pizzahut. It was really great seeing everyone and I cant wait until next year.

Offline Sage

• Bunny
  • Female
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2008, 02:20:59 pm »
It was great seeing you to Savaaha :) was glad to finally get to meet you! :) I had a wonderful time hanging out with everyone.

Offline lilfurbal

• Cuddly Kitty Cat
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2008, 03:15:52 pm »
Hehe, I ended up in an elevator with a family of non-furs who had no idea what was going on.  It was awkward as I was the only fur in there and they actually asked me 'what is going on here?'   I was just like 'ummmmm...  a convention'.  I just left it at that.  I'm sure they had quite a show during the weekend.  Fursuit games were hilarious, though during fursuit volleyball Friday night one of my fursuit friends I was there with seemed to have like broken his toe and ended up going to the hospital.  Hmm...  I should have taken advantage of some of the free pizza but it seems I didn't have any pizza at all during the weekend.  We kept going out all the time D:  Cons be an easy way to spend lots of money it seems.  But it seems worth it, because like, where else would you ever see a world of furries? :D

Offline Savaaha

• Female
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2008, 03:43:22 pm »
I got asked alot about what was going on by the refugees. i simply told them it was a convention of animal artists and costumers. Explained some were costumers and some artists. There was a fur photographer who stopped me as I got out of the elevator after explaining to them about how many of the costumers made their own costumes and used them in charity work and he commented it was the best short explanation hed ever heard.

Offline WildbillTX

• Where's the BBQ?
  • Male
    • My FA Page.
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2008, 07:28:40 pm »
Had another great time at MFM 12! I even had time to check out Graceland and the Stax Museum before the con started.

Photos: http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g170/jangleradio/MFM%2012%202008%20Memphis/

Videos: http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g170/jangleradio/MFM%2012%202008%20Memphis/VIDEOS/ 

I'll be uploading more videos soon, so keep checking!
WBTX

Offline Rick Woods

• Male
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2008, 10:24:57 pm »
I got asked alot about what was going on by the refugees. i simply told them it was a convention of animal artists and costumers. Explained some were costumers and some artists. There was a fur photographer who stopped me as I got out of the elevator after explaining to them about how many of the costumers made their own costumes and used them in charity work and he commented it was the best short explanation hed ever heard.
Yeah, this really is the easiest way to explain it to people who have no idea.  Using the word "anthropomorphic" is definitely a bad idea, it just confuses people.
Furry and happy since 14 Feb 2008!  Thanks to Evergreencat for introducing me to the dhole, which is now my fursona.  My avatar is a crop of a badge, drawn by the talented Fluke.

Feel free to hit me on AIM!

Offline lilfurbal

• Cuddly Kitty Cat
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2008, 11:01:06 pm »
Alrighties, here be my little collection of pictures and videos from the con:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilfurbal/sets/72157607097991994/show/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYeuyfLHhe0  - Fursuit Parade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpRrwSWcC4  - Segment of Bucktown Tiger performance

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2008, 11:16:46 pm »
Wow, I never would've thought anyone could play piano so well with paws on! That must have taken some getting used to!
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2008, 11:58:34 pm »
Wow, you play the piano very well. I don't belive I've ever heard Dream on played on the ivories before
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:01:12 am by Kaloyan_Alett »
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home