Author Topic: Dew husky or Green tea husky?  (Read 71724 times)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: Dew husky or Green tea husky?
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2009, 11:47:15 pm »
Heres an interesting question for aircraft enthusiasts. Modern pilots today use computer aided targeting systems, but back in WW1 they had to use their naked eyes to spot targets. They were rather good at it too.

So heres the question: Take a modern pilot and WW1 pilot, both in their prime at the top of their careers, and swap their places. Who would have a more dificult adaptation? The WW1 pilot in his youth and prime who is used to useing his naked eyes to see targets at distance now having to learn computers and handling high speeds, or the modern pilot having to slow down in such an old plane and no longer having his computers to help him but relying soley on training and instinct.

I'm sure both would get blown out of the sky, but who would have a harder time of it?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2009, 08:53:53 am »
For Dragore and Hayaikawa:

While the F-22 is a very nice plane (and it's also my second favorite), it happens to be overpriced and "untested" when it comes to combat experience. The F-16 has been in the USAF inventory for probably 30 years and is a combat proven and capable machine. It's so robust and affordable that numerous countries around the world have aquired it. For the F-35, I'm not sure what to think on that one.  :P From what I've read, it has limited range and payload (Not good when you're going into combat), and has been overpriced and had technical difficulties during it's development. To me, it just looks "too vulnerable" if it ever went into combat.  :P

For Kaloyan:

If I had to choose, then I would pick the modern pilot. It's far easier to learn "backwards" than it is to go "forward". I think the modern pilot would have less to learn since he's already familiar with aircraft systems, techniques, and flying styles than what the WWI pilot would since that WWI pilot has to go through "mountains of training" to learn about computers and advanced aircraft capabilities, etc.

Offline Tommy Fox Stone

• Commander Of Skull Squadron...RDF...
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 07:38:42 pm »
Heres an interesting question for aircraft enthusiasts. Modern pilots today use computer aided targeting systems, but back in WW1 they had to use their naked eyes to spot targets. They were rather good at it too.

Pilots today use there eyes too and they can see targets just as good as a WWl pilot can. Good eye sight is a must for moden pilots just as it is for a WWl pilot.

As for who would win I'd pick the moden day pilot, a Fokker D-7 or a Spad would easy for him too handle...
Captain T F Stone
 U.S.S. DEFIANT NX-74205
One Photon Torpedo Can Ruin Your Whole Day THINK ABOUT IT

Another winters day Another grey reminder of what used too be that has gone away Its really hard too say how long we have too live with our insanity we have too pay for all we use and we never think before we light the fuse...

Member of the Millennium Club...

C.S.A.

GOD BLESS TRUMP!...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 09:13:19 pm »
See everybody later. I'll be off to see the new Star Trek movie late tomorrow evening at an early showing. Woot!  :D *charges up phaser and sets it to STUN, then shoots Arbutus to make sure it works*

*the rabbit falls to the ground unconsciensous*

Yep, it works. :) Don't worry about Arbutus. He'll just have an awful headache when he awakes, that's all.  :D

Then on Sat. I'll be going to another model contest in my area. Wish me luck. I'll be taking this beast with me that I built for my best friend last year. I already won one award for it last year, but I hope to win more awards this year. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/icyhusky/bb67montana/10182008montana001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/icyhusky/bb67montana/DSC01086.jpg

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 09:50:45 pm »
Bad Kobuk, no shooting the bunny. Poor Arbutus.  :'(

But anyway, good luck noot being disapointed by the new movie, and extra good luck in the contest. :)
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 10:40:12 pm »
*starts to stir on the floor*

Ooh... ooh... what happened? Man, I've got a killer headache...

*tugs on his ears, which got caught underneath him on the way down*

Not cool, husky-boy. >:(

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 10:52:09 pm »
That was only the "Light stun" setting. Just be glad I didn't turn it to "Heavy stun" setting. :D

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2009, 09:50:58 pm »
Ok, so I have to ask: Has anyone here tried the new version of Mt. Dew called "Mountain Dew: Throwback"? It's still the classic Dew, but with natural sugar now instead of the artificial sweeteners used. I tried a bottle tonight and it seemed fairly ok. A bit more carbonation and more of a sweet taste from what I noticed. Has anyone else tried it and what are your opinions?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:52:48 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2009, 08:02:32 pm »
Ahhhhhh. Another day off from work. :) Nice and relaxing.  :D And what better way to enjoy the day than to go to a local modeling contest with friends and hope to win some awards. ;)
So today, after a late morning start, me and a friend went to a VA medical center in Milwaukee where a model contest was being held to help benefit the veterans there. :) I took along my favorite modeling subject which I worked long and hard for 5 years on which is the USS Montana BB-67 Battleship:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/icyhusky/bb67montana/10182008montana001.jpg
There were three catagories to enter: Either Novice, Intermediate, or Advanced. And each catagory had sub-sections. I entered in the Nautical section for the Intermediate catagory. I did not meet the qualifications to enter into the Advanced catagory.
It was a small show with a fair amount of model entries and participants. Even veterans at the VA center could enter if they wanted to.
So, skipping ahead to the awards.......I got Bronze (Third Place) for the Nautical section in the Intermediate catagory. But the real surprise was this...........I GOT "VETERAN'S BEST OF SHOW" AWARD!   :o  :D Woohoo! Now the awards weren't much. They weren't trophies or medallions. The organisers of the contest couldn't afford the funds to order trophies from an awards shop. So what was given out to people who won were items like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/icyhusky/2009bobpalmmodel/DSC01803.jpg
Regardless of what the awards may look like, they are still awards nonetheless. So I'm happy. :) Here is a link to the album where all the contest pics can be found. There are 4 pages worth.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v216/icyhusky/2009bobpalmmodel/
So what's my next project or contest? Well, that's a closely guarded secret.  8) But what I can tell you is that at the next contest in November in Chicago, modelers will be talking about my newest creation for hour after hour. When I build something, I want modelers to say "Wow, Would you look at that!"  :o

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2009, 10:54:33 pm »
Did I ever show you guys all the modeling awards I've gotten? No? Well then, let me show you. I wish I had more time to list which award was for what model I did, but I don't have time tonight to completely list everything. Maybe another night perhaps?
What I can tell you is that I currently won/have:
* 2 First Place trophies
* 1 Second Place ribbon
* 3 Third Place ribbons
* 1 Third Place certificate
* 2 Third Place plaques
* 1 "Most Creative Entry" award
* 1 "Best of Show" award
* 1 Third Place certificate

(Gotta stop getting Third Place. Crap!)  >:(

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:52 am »
yo kobuck are there any places that people can enter like gundam models and other models like that. oh and have you met the artist raymond yap. or also known as alpha leo

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2009, 07:22:28 pm »
yo kobuck are there any places that people can enter like gundam models and other models like that.

Most modeling contests will not only have catagories for cars, aircraft, armor, and ships, but also other catagories for sci-fi and fantasy stuff. All you have to do is check with your local hobby store and inquire if there are any model contests in your city/state that you can participate in.

oh and have you met the artist raymond yap. or also known as alpha leo

Never heard of the guy.  :P

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2009, 06:25:48 pm »
Ok, so I have to ask: Has anyone here tried the new version of Mt. Dew called "Mountain Dew: Throwback"? It's still the classic Dew, but with natural sugar now instead of the artificial sweeteners used. I tried a bottle tonight and it seemed fairly ok. A bit more carbonation and more of a sweet taste from what I noticed. Has anyone else tried it and what are your opinions?

I just tried this Mountain Dew throwback stuff. Pretty good. :) I can't really say I like the sugary aftertaste a lot but it does taste a little sweeter to me. I think I'll keep drinking it while it's around.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 06:15:58 pm »
I just had Pepsi Throwback for the first time today-- are they doing this Throwback thing with all Pepsi products? Anyway, I loved it. It tastes so much better to me with natural sugar-- that, and it doesn't leave you thirsty after you drink it, like most soda does. It doesn't feel as "sticky," I guess.

A++++++ WILL BUY AGAIN.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 10:36:28 pm »
Regardless of what Pepsi or Mt. Dew tastes like, I probably won't be buying and drinking that much. All that sugar and citric acid isn't good for the body, especially the kidneys, and not good for the teeth either.  :P I've cut my intake far back. I only drink MD maybe once or twice a week now.

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:09 am »
Regardless of what Pepsi or Mt. Dew tastes like, I probably won't be buying and drinking that much. All that sugar and citric acid isn't good for the body, especially the kidneys, and not good for the teeth either.  :P I've cut my intake far back. I only drink MD maybe once or twice a week now.
good job man. that is the healthy thing to do. and that green tea is full of cancer fighting anti oxadents. i should be doing the same thing. i need to lose a few pounds. i wish you luck my green friend

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2009, 10:57:56 pm »
It's getting boring here. :( Somebody ask me a question. Any question. Please?

*yawns*  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  x_x

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 12:06:56 am »
Okay then...

I put to you the questions from the MPOD.

Quote from: Mod Post Of Doom
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been in the fandom?
How long have you been a fur (not all members of the fandom are furs)?
What interests you about the fandom?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 12:26:26 am »
Tell us about the more boring parts of your life! :) I mean the parts that have nothing to do with furry or your other hobbies. What kind of a job do you have? How do you like your home town? What do you do in your spare time? Stuff like that.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 07:46:54 pm »
Okay then...

I put to you the questions from the MPOD.

Quote from: Mod Post Of Doom
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been in the fandom?
How long have you been a fur (not all members of the fandom are furs)?
What interests you about the fandom?

1. Read Post #'s 3 and 5 here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,36551.0.html
2. Almost 6 years.
3. <----- Look under my avatar.
4. Fursuiting mostly.

Tell us about the more boring parts of your life! I mean the parts that have nothing to do with furry or your other hobbies. What kind of a job do you have? How do you like your home town? What do you do in your spare time? Stuff like that.

Just be warned: You asked!
My life really is boring!  :P Other than furry, and my other interests which are listed in my very first post in this thread, my life is working at one of those big box retail chain stores as a stockperson. Pretty boring.  :P Been that way for the last 10 years. I want to get out of retail so badly, but it's not worth it due to the way the economy is. :(
A typical day is get up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, get on the computer, then go to bed.  :P I hardly ever go anywhere and I don't have any friends near me. My life is nice and quiet. I'm about as boring as they come. I'm 40, so I'm not like all you younger pups out there. I'm no longer interested in any of the music, games, and other stuff that the younger generation is into.

Offline zyymurgy

• What do you mean, never heard of it?
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 11:21:32 pm »
Why is it that EVERY time I scroll past your avatar, barely glancing at it, I think that it's a picture of Kaya (Japanese musician) with green hair and a pouty sex face?

WHY

D:
Let's see how long the clock will tick; minutes winding into hours before the muffled sound is consumed by the flies...

:D Go click my Pokemon! :D

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 11:53:46 pm »
Why is it that EVERY time I scroll past your avatar, barely glancing at it, I think that it's a picture of Kaya (Japanese musician) with green hair and a pouty sex face?

WHY

*shrugs shoulders*

I don't know?  :o

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2009, 12:21:15 am »
Zyy, I fear this is a thing that none of us can help you with.

XD

Offline RedneckFur

• I'm in ur barn, eatin' ur hay!
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/redneckfur/
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2009, 06:57:31 pm »
I knew you were into models, Kobuk, but not that you were intrested in history. I think thats awesome.

Since you like battleships, I'll have to do something for ya.  My home town is nearl Wilmington, NC, home of BB55 North Carolina. Last year, they repainted her, not the traditional grey, but in her wartime colors, a mix of grey, blue, and navy. Its a very good look.  Next time I'm home, I'll stop by and get some pics for ya.

Also, between Dew and green tea, I like green tea.  When I was a child, I was a dedicated Dew drinker, but In the last year, soda's have started tasting too sweet to me. Oh well, they say tastes change as you grow older.  Now I drink green tea, and ginger ale. (I used to HATE ginger ale)

If you ever do any traveling along the east coast, I recomend stopping to see the North Carolina in Wilmington, and the Yorktown carrier (along with a cruiser, destroyer, and a submarine) in Charlston, SC.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found some pics of the North Carolina's new paint scheme online.
http://www.ncmuseums.org/image/Battleship%20NC%20small.jpg

My question for you... How long does it typically take you to build a model?  I used to be into modeling as a kid, but I tended to rush things and get impatient.  I would finish a kit in 2 to 4 days, but the end result often didnt look so good.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:59:49 pm by RedneckFur »

Pets name: Nugget
Adopt your own!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2009, 08:24:23 pm »
Now I drink green tea, and ginger ale. (I used to HATE ginger ale)

I love ginger ale. :) But I rarely get the chance to buy any.

My question for you... How long does it typically take you to build a model?  I used to be into modeling as a kid, but I tended to rush things and get impatient.  I would finish a kit in 2 to 4 days, but the end result often didnt look so good.

LOL.  :D I did the EXACT same thing when I was younger. I rushed! I couldn't wait to open that box and start putting the model together and playing with it. But as time moved on, I wanted to get better and improve my skills at building so I could have models that looked just as good as the ones in the modeling magazines. I'm still not as good as the pros since I have bad eyesight, but I have come a very long way and you can see it in the links I left in some of my earlier posts. I don't build as much or as fast as I used to in the past. I average only maybe 1 kit per year. Mainly because I spend too damn much time doing research about the subject before I build and paint it. And also cause model building supplies are going up in cost.