Author Topic: Furries on CNN?!  (Read 4230 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Furries on CNN?!
« on: November 17, 2018, 02:34:29 pm »
While randomly browsing the political articles on the CNN website, I stumbled across this article about the furry subculture in another news section.  :o

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/us/furries-culture/index.html

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Furries on CNN?!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 02:46:51 pm »
Looking forward to seeing this. Big discussion on line about it.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 10:58:35 pm »
It seems that a bit of the article focuses on the aspects of fur suiting.  They only mention in passing (it seems) a few of the many other aspects of it all.
Like writing and drawing, and poetry!

But I have to agree that the presentation of furry in the article is at least nice.
Did they mention the major aspect for so many... community, inclusion, acceptance?

Someday I will be the big dog driving the car. 
Perhaps I will resign from my current job by waltzing in wearing a fursuit.  Just so they know the true me before I quit!
 :goldhowl:
or maybe I will just be low key.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 11:25:54 pm »
Watched it. I'm 50/50 in opinion about it. It was well done. But real heavy on the anxiety issues. It's not what I expected to say the least. Finding no other appropriate way of saying this. It made us all look mental. At least it cleared the air of the 'we're all sexually deviant gays' tag. Focussing the story on a few straight couples. It will be interesting to read the on line community's responses in the coming weeks.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 03:54:35 pm »
What,  we aren't all deviant?!
If not, what am I doing here then?

Kidding! :D

I have to admit that I do have anxiety, and I can see how a disguise would help.
And anxiety is not the same as mental. 

And if someone is gay or non straight, I love them too, if they are good to me and others. And goodness is in all orientations.

But yeah, so many people think that ALL furry is, is a big sex oriented get together, with people in animal costumes doing "things", and the only way they can do that is to stop being human.  And to show a person who has anxiety get better when in disguise, makes people think we can't cope with real life. Mix the two, what do people think?

If people knew that for most it's just art, literature, fun, games, community,  they would find it boring.  Unless they like it like we do. 

Just don't discuss therianisim on CNN please, no one will get it.

So says the ostrasized  anxious asexual-spectrum LGBTIQA+ supportive, therian wolf dog furry engineer geek who wants a fur suit so bad he can't sleep.

Don't worry,  I'm not going on tv.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 03:04:28 pm »
I was not  impressed. While  it has a touch  human interest side, that aspect is drowned out  by over emphasis on fursuiting and mental health.   As somebody  who is  a bit more media savvy, I was though the bias, manipulation such as close up shots of  fursuiters and blurring out the background to  present a distorted  image of the fandom. 

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 08:00:57 pm »
I enjoyed this documentary very much, I feel it was largely positive in view and I think it's a big help to the community right now. Plus watching furries on TV always lifts my spirits.  (:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such