Author Topic: Alpha and Omega movie  (Read 10417 times)

Offline LordFenrir

• Artist. Writer. Hack/fraud.
  • Male
Alpha and Omega movie
« on: May 24, 2010, 07:21:40 pm »
Found this on YouTube today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi4HJ2jQno8

Looks kinda stupid (without soul, like How to Train Your Dragon had), but since it's the first animated wolf movie since Balto, Fenrir will go and see it anyway (:

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Alpha and Omega movie
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:21 pm »
*puts it on my "Must See" list*

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:37:40 pm »
Sweet a wolf movie! It may not be any good but I'm with Lord Fenrir, I'm going to see this out of principle. I also like that the use the Alpha and Omega terms.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline KitsuNinja

• Space Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 08:30:47 pm »
I'd love to see that with someone. It looks awesome.
Kemono Party > Furry and kemono fan realists who would rather embrace random and cuteness over being drama-queen furries, furry vs furry bashing or a furry who tries too hard. :3

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 10:36:15 pm »
I'm probably going to see this with Kishi, and a couple other recent..converts.  It doesn't look like it will be anything too special, but cute anyway! But hey, if I can find a poster, might be nice to add to my recently started collection.

I'm imagining, if, by fall this year, I have a tail, I imagine walking up to the counter at the theater, collar and tail, and saying "I'll give you one guess".

Offline CanzetYote

• Male
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:19 pm »
First time watching the preview. GOTTA SEE THIS MOVIE!

Offline Valexi

• Hylian Hyena
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:12:45 pm »
.....I liked How to Train Your Dragon
:(
Well, this movie certainly doesn't seem to be no Balto, but I'll....rent it from Netflix when it comes to DVD
:D
No one likes seeing kids movies with me at the theater anyway. They're all "too mature" for that sort of thing.

Offline Battery

• Male
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 11:37:42 pm »
I'll probaly see it after it comes out on DVD. I agree with Shim, it doesn't look too special.

No one likes seeing kids movies with me at the theater anyway. They're all "too mature" for that sort of thing.

Ah, that sucks.
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Pick a number, any number
  • Male
    • My Furaffinity page
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 01:40:41 pm »
I'll probaly see it after it comes out on DVD. I agree with Shim, it doesn't look too special.

Ah, that sucks.

"Bah", says I to that. I have no problem with going to any movie, regardless of the age of it's targeted demographic. Besides, since I normally go to early shows, the theaters pretty empty anyway (was almost alone when I saw Ponyo).

Back on topic, I'll look into this, see if it's worth watching.

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 02:36:39 pm »

Ah, that sucks.

"Bah", says I to that. I have no problem with going to any movie, regardless of the age of it's targeted demographic. Besides, since I normally go to early shows, the theaters pretty empty anyway (was almost alone when I saw Ponyo).

Back on topic, I'll look into this, see if it's worth watching.

+1  most of the movies I end up watching are animated PG movies or stuff like Harry Potter. I prefer light hearted things. My buddy, when we were in the Navy, dragged me to go see the Spongebob movie with him.. we were surrounded by little kids  :D it was funny. I got him back later by dragging him to see Chicken Little with me.   ;)

Not sure if I will go see this one or not. We'll see.

EDIT TO ADD: I saw How To Train Your Dragon and LOVED it btw.. I also loved the Shrek movie that's out now.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:42:51 pm by Brent »

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 02:37:47 pm »
If I go see it with Shim, were definitely waiting until it comes to the 2 dollar theater by my house because it looks hilariously stupid, but I wanna see it anyway.
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 04:44:20 pm »
If I go see it with Shim, were definitely waiting until it comes to the 2 dollar theater by my house because it looks hilariously stupid, but I wanna see it anyway.

There's a 2 dollar theater near your house? I had to pay $10.50 to get into Iron Man 2 yesterday.  :'(

I need to live near one of those.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Saril

• Female
    • FA
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 06:35:19 pm »
The girl wolf's "hair" creeps me out.

Offline Eeptog

• Airship Manx
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 12:43:44 am »
Im gonna be honest....

that looks terrible
ill be sure to avoid it
FFD3drw A+>+++ C->+ D H P- R+ T+ Sm- RLU>A/M/AT a16 cn++++ f->++++ h*>++ i++ j+ p+ sm
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eeptogtheundertaker/

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 10:56:13 am »
I'll probably see this when it comes out on video.  I'm just worried about a few things:

1.  Story.  It follows the basic "socially down-cast character finds a way to reach the top" thing that we've seen for years.  This story is important to society, though, because it shows us that we don't have to stay at a certain status in life.  However, it's still been done a lot.

2.  Packs.  I hate when Hollywood tries to make things about animals or organizations they barely understand.  The trailer shows the female alpha hunting by herself.  They're supposed to hunt together -- that's why they travel in packs.  Also, the other wolves were a bit more kind to the omega than I would expect in real life; however, I guess it's a kids' show, so whatever.  (with all this in mind, the movie is not trying to be realistic, so these reasons aren't too important; the movie just takes place in an alternate universe where these things happen)

3.  Potty humor.  There's some potty humor that works very well.  From the looks of the trailer, though, I didn't feel like it will add much.  I'd have to see the movie to be sure, though.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.  I'd rather go see a movie without seeing the trailer, though; that was, the whole thing is a surprise.  This trailer also told a bit too much about the story, I thought.  I'll see it on video.
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 10:16:25 pm »
I'll probably see this when it comes out on video.  I'm just worried about a few things...

Agreed! When I first saw the trailer, part of me said "Awww, cute anthro wolves! Must see!!  :o" While another part of me said "This looks about as original as a peanut butter sandwich.  :P"
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 11:14:05 pm »
looks kinda fun ^.^

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Kohitsu Mori

• I was chasing a pack of wolves, trying to belong.
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 10:26:26 pm »
I really want to see it. It doesn't look like it's gonna be 'fantastic', but a cute/funny movie to watch (I haven't seen another movie with anthro wolves in it in FOREVER, so what the heck  :P)

Offline Patrick Rangerwolf

• Male
    • Last of the Movies Official Movie Web Site
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 03:55:45 pm »
I'm staying as far from this one as possible.  It looks like the animation was rushed, and I know this story has to have been done before.
Patrick Robbins

"Any movie with a "preachy" message, be it Christianity, environmentalism, political positions, or what have you, turns away people because rather than letting the audience figure out for themselves what the meaning is, they are told exactly what they ought to think and usually in terms of slogans and buzz words". ~ Brian Godawa

Offline TashkentFox

• Weird British Vulpine
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 04:01:49 pm »
I might go and see it if I've got nothing better to do.

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 04:14:39 pm »
I'll probably see this when it comes out on video.  I'm just worried about a few things:

1.  Story.  It follows the basic "socially down-cast character finds a way to reach the top" thing that we've seen for years.  This story is important to society, though, because it shows us that we don't have to stay at a certain status in life.  However, it's still been done a lot.

2.  Packs.  I hate when Hollywood tries to make things about animals or organizations they barely understand.  The trailer shows the female alpha hunting by herself.  They're supposed to hunt together -- that's why they travel in packs.  Also, the other wolves were a bit more kind to the omega than I would expect in real life; however, I guess it's a kids' show, so whatever.  (with all this in mind, the movie is not trying to be realistic, so these reasons aren't too important; the movie just takes place in an alternate universe where these things happen)

3.  Potty humor.  There's some potty humor that works very well.  From the looks of the trailer, though, I didn't feel like it will add much.  I'd have to see the movie to be sure, though.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.  I'd rather go see a movie without seeing the trailer, though; that was, the whole thing is a surprise.  This trailer also told a bit too much about the story, I thought.  I'll see it on video.

1 Sure the idea has been done to death but still it can always be fun. The reason it is so often used in kids movies is two fold; first it is a message that a lot of kids need to hear since they often feel like they are the brunt of an awful joke we call life. Two not all kids will watch older movies so they have to keep putting out movies with the same idea.

2 Omega wolves while they aren't treated particularly well in a pack, they are still a pack member which means they have the protection but the pups eat first, since the omegas are the baby sitter. The other thing is that the preview seems to show is multiple omegas when in reality there is usually only one in a pack. On a rare occasion a single wolf will hunt solo and take down much larger animals. New a guy who got to see a wolf take down a moose just as it entered the water. Next day he got to see the rest of the pack show up to drag the body up onto dry land. the lucky Bravo.

3 Potty humor is usually damn annoying it's mostly meant for the kids because they find it so entertaining since usually they are lost by humor with more depth, that being said a lot of movies aimed at an adult audience suffer from the use of potty humor because it makes the movie look like it was written for an idiot.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 06:29:29 am »
I am personally very excited about seeing this movie!  I have always been a huge talking-animal character fan, and have always had a huge soft spot for female talking animal characters such as Duchess from The Aristocats, Vixey from The Fox and the Hound, Jenna from Balto, Sasha from All Dogs Go to Heaven 2, etc.  Along those lines, Kate the alpha wolf from this movie will definitely give me my female talking animal fix for this month!  In fact, I currently have Kate's "Grrrl Power" computer desktop wallpaper from the movie's website set as my computer's desktop background image, I have already bought the Kate "Grrrl Power" version of the official 27"-40" double-sided movie poster from eBay, and I plan to see the movie on opening night with a local-area furry group!  So I guess that you can say that I am kind of looking forward to this movie!  That's the good thing about these kinds of movies with me-- even if the movie ends up being terrible I will still have Kate to look at for 88-minutes, so I win either way!   :D

Offline Allie_Kat

• Female
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 03:14:04 pm »

I'm imagining, if, by fall this year, I have a tail, I imagine walking up to the counter at the theater, collar and tail, and saying "I'll give you one guess".

I would like to hear the result of that one lol!

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 01:33:08 pm »

I would like to hear the result of that one lol!

@Shim:  For your information, the Lake Area Furry Friends group, a loose-knit group of furries mainly centered around the Southeast Wisconsin, Northeast Illinois, and Northwest Indiana area, is going to be having a huge furry movie outing to go see Alpha and Omega at a movie theater in Addison, Illinois, on the movie's opening night.  I myself plan on participating in this event!   :)  So you're imagined scenario of people going into a theater wearing tails and asking for tickets for this movie will actually be taking place with a rather large group of furs!  And if your profile is correct, you live right in the area!  If you are not already a member of the Lake Area Furry Friends e-mail list, be sure to look into joining it if you want to find out more about this event and who to contact to sign up!  The instructions on how to sign up for the LAFF list can be found on the LAFF wiki here: http://www.lafflist.org/wiki/Join_the_List!

@Allie_kat:  While this movie outing would be a much longer drive for you, I am sure that you would be more than welcome to sign up for this event on the LAFF list as well if you are able to make it!

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 02:14:58 pm »
ooh, I should go and be the lone protester for teh movie for its "Glorification of the hunting and killing of perfectly healthy and innocent Caribou as a theme in the film". Perhaps I can rally a couple of 416 members and we can be called the "Hoofers Against Glorified Slaughter" or HAGS for short.
:orhorse: