Author Topic: Subconcious furries  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Spirit

• Female
Subconcious furries
« on: July 17, 2010, 08:49:32 pm »
Have you ever met a person that had something about them that made you think of a certain animal for no logical reason? For example, I'll use two people I know. One is Dakota, a boy who isn't very nice. The other is, well, Dakota, my best friend. That name for some reason makes me think of a husky. If I was going to draw both of them as animals, I would definitely make them huskies. Why? I have no clue. Anybody else notice things like this?

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
Re: Subconcious furries
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:23:53 pm »
I dunno, but my neighbor's husky seems so... anthromorphisable.  :D

Sort of the reverse I guess?
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 11:39:45 pm »
i think of my cousin Marco as a dragon. 1. he can get angry VERY easily. 2. hes gettin a dragon tattoo. 3. hes protective of his kids & cares for them as any parent would.
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 08:54:09 pm »
I don't really do that when I first meet somebody, but after I get to know them I often try to put them into a category of one animal or another. It's just one of the thousands of brain exercises I do.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:29:48 pm »
There is a waitress at the Applebees we go to by my work... and she reminds me of an Old English Sheepdog. 
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 01:31:45 am »
I have a cousin who makes me think of an otter.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 10:51:06 pm »
There is a waitress at the Applebees we go to by my work... and she reminds me of an Old English Sheepdog. 

I'm sure she would be THRILLED to discover that

is what you think of when she walks by  :P

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 10:54:31 pm »
^ yup... thats what I think about when shes bringing me my Double Crunch Shrimp!  I would never tell her that, as I dont want her to spit in my food!
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Itico

• Aging/Disabled/library advocate, writer, scientist
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 10:55:17 pm »
We share a lot with the animals we play as.  If you have studied those around you, as I have, you start to learn to see traits and behaviors that 'cross-over'.  Really though, it's all the same thing.

So, sure.  I don't try and decide what a person may be, but I do see traits that I may associate with our furry friends.

On the other side, it makes for interesting consideration when you start thinking about humans in an 'animalistic' fashion.  You may learn something new when you are sitting in your meeting and consider the interactions in the light of pack dynamics.  At the very least, it gives you something interesting to do to pass the time.

I do refer to a lot of people as donkeys, but really that an insult to donkeys.  Some of my best friends are donkeys.

Peace.
"Amicus Plato, amicus Aristoteles, sed magis amica veritas." --Sir Isaac Newton

Offline Corvus Corone

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 10:57:58 pm »

I'm sure she would be THRILLED to discover that

is what you think of when she walks by  :P
Oh, baby.

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 10:28:38 pm »
I have a non-furry friend calls himself the chaotic squirrel. And I agree.
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline BlueWolfNariko

• I'm so mad I could just... *BOOM*
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 11:02:13 pm »
Well for me, I imagine people in my school as what animal that might be. For examples, a girl named Karen I imagine to be a chocolate lab and Alistair as a lion. :)

R.I.P Santa:
2001-2010

Live, love, laugh, for life is beautiful

~*~Nariko~*~

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 12:12:27 am »
My band director is a bear.

A very large, very loud brown bear.  :o
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 12:25:49 am »
There's a guy in my office that reminds me of a rat!  I'd never tell anyone that for fear of giving the wrong impression.  I always think of it in the context of furry, so in my thinking, it's a compliment.  He's freaking smart with computers, too.  The guy can pretty much get whatever job he wants when he graduates.  I guess that fits: rats and science, right? :D

Also, my mom makes me think of a hyena whenever she laughs.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Tobias

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 01:33:05 am »
 There's a lady at work who reminds me of a mouse, she even somewhat looks
Like one.
 And looking at my closest friends I would say I hang out with a rat, a German
Shepard, a Goat, and a ferret. :P
 >.>

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 03:08:58 am »
I would say my friend Jason is a raptor or somethin. LOVES fruit, eats alot of meat, loves death & gothic things even though he ain't goth himself. As for my other friend Alex, I'd say he's a rat or a rabbit or some sort of small rodent like creature. 
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 10:53:49 pm »
I often see animal analogs in people. My business pardner is an old grumpy sea otter pirate. :D  He is even built like an otter, short legs, was an avid surfer for years, has a taste for clams, mollusks. The pirate part comes from the time he has spent at sea, has a parrot tattoo on his shoulder. I'm not going to say anything to him about this, but I almost think he would agree with the assessment. I see his wife, the boss of the operation, as a cat. I have an old friend that I have referred to as Dr. Raccoon, he is a doctor, who raised several orphaned coons while in collage/residency.
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 03:27:45 pm »
Oh that happens all the time x3 My mom meows to me now >>
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Rift

• color will be added soon :)
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 05:59:17 pm »
I find it fun to think of everyone i see as anthros... its interesting to walk the streets and see everyone looking like us
Got a PS3, do u play games like Red Dead Redemption or Call of Duty: Black Ops? add me (ID- Jaymeric) =D

Offline Sirius Starseeker

• Male
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
After my sister went into her dinosaur phase I have often thought of her as a Raptor for two reasons.
1) Those were her favorite dinos, and she went on about them a lot.
2) She often has a very aggressive and sarcastic mood.

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 05:00:09 pm »
Plenty of times! I kind of think of it as a game that I play when I'm bored. Take, for example, a non-furry friend of mine. (though he did post on this forum for a couple of months) I kind of see him as a ferret with glasses. Why? His body frame mainly. Seems to fit the slender form of a ferret. (and of course, he wears glasses.)

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 01:37:01 pm »
Have you ever met a person that had something about them that made you think of a certain animal for no logical reason? For example, I'll use two people I know. One is Dakota, a boy who isn't very nice. The other is, well, Dakota, my best friend. That name for some reason makes me think of a husky. If I was going to draw both of them as animals, I would definitely make them huskies. Why? I have no clue. Anybody else notice things like this?
Yeah, I've known some people that make me immediately conjure them as certain animals.
Actually I have a friend who is not a furry, but is so totally a wolf...I mean. If you didn't know better, you would just assume she was into furry, but nope. She just happens to be totally enamored of wolves. ;)

Also...is it odd that the fact you know two Dakotas made me immediately assume your age? Which was pretty spot on, actually. 8)
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Fen-Fen

• lol u mad?
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 02:20:23 pm »
When I lived in my college's dorms, I lived next to a girl named Ryley. She always struck me as a rabbit or some kind of fast-moving small mammal. I told her what she reminded me of and she thought it fit, too! I drew her bunny-self and my fursona playing together a few times after that. :]
And I’ll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom,
I’m as green as the ring on my little cold finger,
I’ve never known the lovin' of a man,
But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand.

Offline Gigi

• Little Pink Goat
  • Female
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 08:56:10 am »
I've done this quite a bit with my Korean friends. My host sister strikes me as a sheep, and I've pictured my possible boyfriend (it isn't official yet) as either a goat or a goral. Then sometimes I'll ask my friends what their favorite animal is and I'll draw them as it with their features. So far, I've had to draw a rabbit and an elephant. It's fun! ^^
My English isn't the best anymore. Sorry for any mistakes.