Author Topic: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion Phread  (Read 57105 times)

Offline furtopia02

Re: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion Phread
« Reply #575 on: November 05, 2011, 03:25:05 am »
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/11/official-blind-bag-pony-names.html

I don't care what they're called. The fanon names are so much better. And I like Lyra much more than "Heartstrings"

Although "Lyra Heartstrings" isn't too bad a name.

lol omg, no way... I'm gonna have to buy one of those and put it in LYRA'S room (my 3 week old little girl). What makes it even funnier is that she has a birthmark almost that shape on her rump.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #576 on: November 05, 2011, 09:19:45 am »
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/11/official-blind-bag-pony-names.html

I don't care what they're called. The fanon names are so much better. And I like Lyra much more than "Heartstrings"

Although "Lyra Heartstrings" isn't too bad a name.

lol omg, no way... I'm gonna have to buy one of those and put it in LYRA'S room (my 3 week old little girl). What makes it even funnier is that she has a birthmark almost that shape on her rump.
Amazing! Lyra has finally crossd the realms and achieved her dream of becoming human! :o

(really, one of the points of the fandom is that Lyra is therian and desperately wants to be human.)

You totally need to get her a Lyra pony.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #577 on: November 05, 2011, 11:24:44 am »
I bought a MLP FiM 2012 calendar today from Dollar Tree for $1. :) Put it in my little girl's room to keep track of dr. visits and stuff.

DO WANT. Dollar store, here I come!
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #578 on: November 10, 2011, 08:28:16 pm »
Sorry for th double post, but can anyone get to WeLoveFine?  Site's not loading for me and I wanna see the recently-promoted-on-EqD hoodies!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #579 on: November 10, 2011, 08:41:30 pm »
After my experience with their lack of quality, I refuse to go to their site anymore.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #580 on: November 10, 2011, 11:10:33 pm »
I'm sad to hear about the quality issue, since they seem to be good at making good designs available.  Maybe the hoodie quality would be better than the other shirts, if someone were willing to try it out... *looks around expectantly*
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #581 on: November 11, 2011, 03:57:18 am »
Sorry for th double post, but can anyone get to WeLoveFine?  Site's not loading for me and I wanna see the recently-promoted-on-EqD hoodies!

As of the time that I am posting this, I am able to load the WeLoveFine website without any issues.

After my experience with their lack of quality, I refuse to go to their site anymore.

Aw nuts!  I wish that I had come across this post 72-hours earlier!  After several weeks of mulling over the decision, last Tuesday I finally caved in and bought my first two MLP:FiM-themed t-shirts from WeLoveFine.  I was hoping to wear them at the rapidly approaching Midwest Furfest convention and show my Brony pride!  At $25 apiece those shirts definitely weren't cheap, so now after reading Narei Mooncatt's condemnation of the company's products I am hoping beyond hope that when my shirts get delivered they won't turn out to be of poor quality as well.  I am anything but made of money these days, so I bought these shirts as a very special treat for myself.  I will be very upset if it turns out that I threw my money away!  *sigh*  And to think that I was so excited about my recent purchase too...   :(

Anyway, if anyone is curious about which two WeLoveFine t-shirts that I purchased, they were:

It was the "Mobile Dash" t-shirt that finally put me over the edge and convinced me to buy some shirts.  I recognize that Mobile gas station logo, and I really liked the parody of it!  Oh well, I guess I will have to give everyone here an update about how I feel about the quality of my WeLoveFine's t-shirts after they arrive and I get the chance to wear them.  Who knows, maybe the company's quality has improved since Narei Mooncatt's experience with them.  *crosses fingers!*

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #582 on: November 12, 2011, 04:33:19 am »
On The Nick D. Show on WGN 720 radio (a 50,000-Watt AM broadcast radio station in Chicago, IL) this morning they were discussing who the best characters were on shows that are currently airing new episodes on TV.  Excitedly, I e-mailed in my own short list of favorite TV show characters to both the show's host and his producer.  My list started off innocently enough-- my first pick was the character Dr. Walter Bishop from Fringe, and my second pick was the character Danno from Hawaii Five-O.  While those choices were unusual enough compared to the characters all of the other listeners were saying that they liked, I then threw in my real curve ball: my third pick of Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!  The host didn't quite know what to think about that one!   He probably would have labeled me as a loon right there and stopped reading the rest of my list, but I mentioned in my e-mail that my favorite TV show character of all time was Al Bundy from Married: With Children, and to that Nick D. said, "There is absolutely nothing wrong about that!"   :D

Ah, the fun of listening to AM talk radio at a quarter after three in the morning while staying up and waiting for the new episode of MLP:FiM to air!   :D

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #583 on: November 14, 2011, 07:26:25 pm »
Was this basically the review post, Narei?

On another note, I would like to say I got my Vinyl Scratch shirt today from https://www.welovefine.com/ and I must say my first impression is not that good. It LOOKS nice, but that's about it so far. As I mentioned in one of the other threads, there was a question about sizing and I decided to go one size larger than normal to allow for shrinkage in the wash. I got it today and it looks nice, but the fabric felt very thin and light weight. Kinda makes me wonder how well the image will hold up on it. It fit well in the areas I measured for ordering, but the sleeve hole diameter feels tight. Almost like you'd see some muscle shirts. Not only is that uncomfortable, but I could see it easily ripping a seam when trying to pull it off. I have a feeling I'd have to order the XXL at least for the sleaves to fit right, but then I'd be swimming in it.

It's currently in the wash to see how it fits after the shrinkage, but I don't have very high hopes because of the sleeve issue and that the shirt just feels "weak" for someone that would wear it as an every day shirt. I'll update this again after it's dry and I try it again. Speaking of which, I am washing according to the tag instructions for the first go around and I noticed 2 things. One, they mis-spelled "DRY" as "DYE". Unless I'm supposed to somehow dye it on low temperature.  I also noticed it is labeled made in China. While that alone isn't enough to turn me off of a purchase, it does affect my buying decisions when I'm paying nearly US$30 after shipping for a low quality and poor fitting shirt. By comparison, one of my favorite brands of shirt (The Mountain) makes extremely nice animal print t-shirts that are made in the U.S. for only $20. Not sure if they still have the design available, but they used a couple of Golden Wolf's designs, and can come in a nifty t-shirt shaped cardboard box. My only hope is they are paying a hefty royalty to the artists for how much they are charging for their shirts.

Hate to be a downer on this, but it needed to be said I think. And now I'm really considering sending it back, picking out a Vinyl Scratch image and getting the artist's permission to take it to a t-shirt shop and have my own made on a higher quality shirt.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm gonna just try  to send it back for a refund. Allie said it feels like the material they use to make female baby doll tees with. The body of the shirt still fit well after washing, but the arm holes are just going to be too tight for an every day shirt. My arms aren't overly large, just the sleeves are that small. Short too. Raising my arms, the bottom of the sleeve would pull back to my body.

Final judgement (for men anyway): I threw money at them, now I want it back.

Cuz you're not the only one who felt similarly. Bladespark posted a beware on Arists Beware (which apparently I can't find at the moment) basically saying the same thing. Maybe I'll just avoid them. Sucks though, they're so expensive. Did you end up getting your money back?

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #584 on: November 15, 2011, 12:41:12 am »
That would be the review. Yes, I forgot to update that I did get my money back no questions asked. Well, except return shipping to them, wich is typical of most anything bought online and returned. Since I paid with a debit card online, the refund was direct deposited to my account and not a check in the mail. The only requirement they have is that it still be in a "like new" condition. So no stains or tears or anything (unless it's a defect and exchanging of course), but it's ok to run it through the wash so you can check fit after the shrinkage.

And to be clear, the shirt I got was a mens T-shirt and expected a typical mens fitment and strength. If you would like something with the kind of "feminine" fabric they offer, you just have to be delicate with it and have small arms. If you're looking for a hoodie, my guess is those will have a different design since they are usually a heavy weight fabric for warmth. Those may fair better in a review, but I don't like hoodies myself and wouldn't be ordering that regardless.

I did try to look for other reviews of WLF shirts on Google, but I couldn't come up with anything either. I found a few small blurbs on EQD mentioning to watch out for sizing issues, but that's about it. Now I'm tempted to dust off my LJ and make a full review post of my experience so it would hopefully start to show up on search engines.

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #585 on: November 15, 2011, 04:45:07 am »
I haven't received the two WeLoveFine MLP:FiM t-shirts that I have ordered yet, but at the Lake Area Furry Friends Bowling meet that I was at last Saturday I spoke with a furry friend of mine who had bought two of their MLP:FiM shirts in the past, and sadly his impressions of the shirts that he received from them were very much along the same lines as Narei's.  Along with what Narei said, my friend also added the complaint that they placed the MLP:FiM artwork up way too high on his shirts so that the artwork was positioned just below his neck instead of a more centered location across his chest.  Like Narei, my friend will never buy from them again.

This is such a shame.  I buy t-shirts from the Internet all of the time, including from random sellers on eBay, and the vast majority of the time all of my t-shirts that I receive are at least alright.  There are always some shirts that turn out better than others when it comes to the quality of the t-shirts used and the methods used to transfer the artwork onto the shirts, but they almost always turn out to be at least acceptable to wear for daily use.  Considering the fact that I tend to prefer t-shirts that use a heavyweight cotton (especially Jerzees t-shirts), the fact that the WeLoveFine t-shirts are being described as being made from "the material [that] they use to make female baby doll tees" out of doesn't bode very well for me.  I am still hoping beyond hope that maybe in some miraculous way the people at WeLoveFine have recently seen the error of their ways and have reformed themselves so that my t-shirts will turn out alright.  I realize that there is a snowball's chance in heck of that actually happening, but I was originally extremely excited about buying these shirts, so I really don't want to receive them only to feel cheated and disappointed.  :(

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #586 on: November 15, 2011, 05:54:11 am »
I think i mentioned already that I got a Brony Tee from  Hot Topic a while back. The shirt is fine, a bit thin but that isn't a problem for me as i like feminine feeling fabrics. After a wash it faded a tiny bit but nothing that made me angry or want to swear off buying another. I have yet to get another shirt from them mostly because they don't have any designs that interest me.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #587 on: November 15, 2011, 10:23:00 pm »
Hmm...

I guess I'm going to have to get my designs printed on my own, after hearing the We Love Fine reviews from you guys.  From both an artist and consumer's point of view, that's quite a shame considering how many designs they seem to be taking from artists without showing or giving them a sample of what their artwork will be represented on. 
It's Steely Dan, not Steely Dan't

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #588 on: November 27, 2011, 03:50:35 pm »

Wow, I thought I was most like Twilight, but those guys weren't kidding when they said I was their group's Fluttershy!  :-[ :-[

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:54:53 pm by Landrav »
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #589 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:01 pm »
Here was my result from the Bronyland Pony Personality Test:

This result doesn't surprise me at all.  I also scored as Twilight Sparkle when I took the Quizazz.com "Which My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Pony Are You?" quiz that Deval linked to in another thread here back in July, and I am an INTP on the Myers-Briggs personality type indicator, which according to the Pony MBTI Chart is also the personality type for Twilight Sparkle.  So I guess I am Twilight Sparkle through and through!    :D

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #590 on: November 27, 2011, 11:40:54 pm »
I got Twilight Sparkle in that quiz too.  This didn't surprise me.  I was surprised though that I came out as less Fluttershy than average.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #591 on: November 28, 2011, 02:41:34 am »

It figures

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #592 on: November 28, 2011, 07:38:36 am »

I'm actually a little surprised because I'll be honest here and say that I'm usually not as motivated and hard working as AJ is :-[.

When you read the description though, it seems to talk about traits you don't always hear about with her.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2011, 02:30:19 am »
http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=NjUwM3w1NDcyNQ!!

...Apparently, my Fluttershy rating is off the charts as well...

I'm surprised that my Twilight rating was as low as it was, though.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2011, 09:14:17 am »
I took that test too. Told me i was most like Fluttershy yet there was some very strong ties to Twilight and Applejack. So i think i'm a good balance of those three really. I have a lot of AJ's strengths in loyalty and honesty and dependability and telling it like it is bluntly. I have Twilights smarts and nerdyness and like Fluttershy i'm very introverted and shy.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #595 on: December 01, 2011, 04:59:59 pm »
Ok, this I didn't expect (nor agree with, but whatever).  :o

I'm no where near as bouncy and crazy as Pinkie Pie.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #596 on: December 01, 2011, 09:54:24 pm »
maybe your bouncy crazy slots were filled by traits from appledash?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #597 on: December 01, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »
I pretty much was appledash (they were almost equal, with AJ edging out RD just a tad), and very strongly was not Rarity.

Can't say I'm too surprised. It kinda matches very closely with my order of preference of the mane 6. I was surprised at first that Fluttershy wasn't all that close to AJ/RD. But my similarity with her kinda stops at her most obvious traits (quiet/shy). I do stray from her a bit when you dig a little deeper into her character.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #598 on: December 14, 2011, 03:43:40 pm »
My four-year-old daughter is performing the song from the beginning of May The Best Pet Win, acted out with various toys.  She apparently has the entire song memorized.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #599 on: December 14, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »
Now she's moved on to re-enacting the entirety of "The Secret of My Excess" with a plastic Siberian tiger playing the part of Spike.  These episodes stand up surprisingly well to theatrical re-interpretation.