Author Topic: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion Phread  (Read 57083 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion Phread
« Reply #650 on: March 24, 2012, 04:40:50 pm »
I don't remember, but who makes those suits? What maker? I want to check his/her website.

I wish that I knew, Kobuk, but I don't.  Does anypony else here know who is responsible for those absolutely wonderful MLP:FiM fursuits?  I wouldn't mind checking out their website as well!

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/sophiecabra/

It's probably not going to be long until her (or someone else) makes a Princess Celestria fursuit, a Discord fursuit, and a Spike the Dragon fursuit.........if they haven't been built already that is. ;)

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #651 on: March 27, 2012, 12:46:39 pm »
I don't know how far or how often everyone here strays out of the MLP subforum, but if by chance you never saw my post in Furtopia's "Good News" thread that I made back in February, I was fortunate enough recently to win a brand new Acer Aspire one D255E Netbook PC by ranking in the top 25 highest scoring participants in a 3-month long Information Technology trivia competition.  I received the netbook a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to be somewhat adventurous with it and installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview onto it to try the beta version of Microsoft's upcoming operating system out.  Now that I have played around with the new OS for a little over a week I have decided to keep it on the netbook the time had come to customize the OS's appearance... with ponies.

Now I had a few MLP:FiM desktop wallpaper images saved locally on one of my desktop machines already-- 68 of them in fact.  But most of those were older MLP:FiM desktop wallpapers that I found during one crazy rushed all-night session last September.  Those of you who have been following my threads here on Furtopia for a while may even remember why I was searching for MLP:FiM wallpapers at that particular time-- I was pulling the crazy all-nighter trying to get a 22-year old Sun SPARCStation 2 workstation ready to exhibit at a Vintage Computer Fair that morning, and with only a couple hours until the Vintage Computer Fair to go and a rather vanilla-looking and mundane SPARCStation 2 on my hands I came up with the last-minute idea of trying to add some sharp-looking Rainbow Dash wallpapers to its Common Desktop Environment desktop (which turned out to actually be quite an involved project).  In any case, it had been a *really* long time since I had gone out and seen what new MLP:FiM wallpapers had been made by fans, and with a brand new netbook with a brand new OS just begging to be pony-ized, I decided to seek some new MLP:FiM wallpapers out.

While I don't check out the latest headlines on Equestria Daily nearly as often as I used to, I still remembered that they often had "Wallpaper Compilation Posts" on their site, which collected some of the latest and greatest wallpapers being produced at the time of the post by the Brony fandom.  So I went to the website and checked it out, and found that their most recent Wallpaper Compilation Post was "Wallpaper Compilation Post #43."  For whatever reason, I had thought that I had gotten some of my MLP:FiM wallpapers from these EQD Wallpaper Compilation Posts in the past, so I decided that now was the perfect time to catch up with them, work my way backwards and check out every single Wallpaper Compilation Post that I hadn't already hit, and slurp up any MLP:FiM wallpaper that struck me as ranging anywhere from being just O.K. to mind-blowingly awesome.  At one point, several hours into this crazy endeavor I came to a massive realization-- apparently, I had never gone through an EQD Wallpaper compilation post in the past, I had gotten all of my current MLP:FiM wallpapers from elsewhere, and that if I was going to catch up with all of these Wallpaper Compilation Posts that I was going to have to go through every single one of them!

I stuck with it though, and after going through all 43 Wallpaper Compilation Posts I ended up with:

• 825 new MLP:FiM desktop wallpaper images.  (And those were only the ones that I liked!)  None of these are from any kind of zipped-up archive files containing huge sets of wallpapers either.  For every single one of these wallpapers I had to follow the link from EQD to the artist's DeviantArt page (or similar art-hosting site), click on "Download File," and save it to my hard drive.  You can bet that after repeating these actions 825-times with my mouse that I had a vein popping out of the palm of my hand below my thumb, and that I was starting to feel a little bit carpel-tunnelly!  Speaking of those zipped-up archive files containing huge collections of wallpapers...
  • 40 zipped-up archive collections of MLP:FiM wallpapers, containing an additional 500.65MB of wallpaper image files.  I don't know how many more MLP:FiM wallpapers that is because I am kind of wallpapered out at the moment and I haven't yet gotten a chance to unzip them and sort through them all, but I am assuming that it is a lot!  :D
  • 1 instance of malware in the form of a JavaScript exploit.  :P Apparently one of those hundreds of wallpaper links that EQD linked to wasn't completely kosher.  However it didn't appear do succeed in harming anything as I saw no telltale signs of any kind of an infection, and after scanning my system with Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, and Prevx I found no further problems.  So I appear to have dodged a bullet and am good to go!

Even more incredible is the fact even after the nearly 1000 total MLP:FiM wallpapers that I have now amassed that I still have a feeling that I have only barely scratched the surface of how many fan-made MLP:FiM wallpapers might actually be available out there.  I almost wouldn't be surprised if there were several times more wallpapers on the web that I haven't even seen yet!

I now also have a serious problem, and that is that now that I have so many great MLP:FiM wallpapers, which one of them should I choose?  I could have a different MLP:FiM wallpaper on my netbook display each day for the next two-and-a-half years and never have one repeat!  Oh well, I suppose to paraphrase Fluttershy from the episode "May the Best Pet Win," that is probably a good problem to have!

Speaking of Fluttershy, I found one Fluttershy wallpaper in my search that I thought was so funny that I literally laughed out loud when I first saw it!  It's called "Fluttershy kicks a bear wallpaper," and can be found on DeviantArt here:

http://murknl.deviantart.com/art/Fluttershy-kicks-a-bear-wallpaper-275728596

I hope that you all find it as funny as I did!  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:00:20 am by Hoagiebot »

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #652 on: March 28, 2012, 07:22:41 pm »
My backpack!

MOAR...BUTTONS!

I made all of the cutie mark ones (and the player pin) myself :).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:39:27 am by Shim »

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #653 on: April 04, 2012, 01:14:14 am »
Double post. For shame x_x!!

I've added 3 more. Celestia, Luna, and Zecora. I have a serious problem. Oh, and a friend gave me the Cheerilee toy from McDonalds so I now have 2 key chain thingies!

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #654 on: April 04, 2012, 07:14:29 pm »
Double post. For shame x_x!!

I've added 3 more. Celestia, Luna, and Zecora. I have a serious problem. Oh, and a friend gave me the Cheerilee toy from McDonalds so I now have 2 key chain thingies!

Somehow I've managed to keep myself to two buttons!  And I got a Fluttershy McDonalds toy, but they discontinued them before I could get a Twilight :(

I think Fluttershy will go in my car.  Maybe.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #655 on: April 04, 2012, 07:53:09 pm »
Somehow I've managed to keep myself to two buttons!  And I got a Fluttershy McDonalds toy, but they discontinued them before I could get a Twilight :(

I think Fluttershy will go in my car.  Maybe.
I have Fluttershy hanging in the windshield of my semi. :D
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #656 on: April 04, 2012, 09:14:38 pm »
But hey, it got me a brohoof from some random guy when I went up to Milwaukee for placement testing for school next year :D!

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #657 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:06 pm »
Not sure if any of you play League of Legends at all, but you guys should appreciate it anyhow.

There's already an item in the game called 'Chalice of Harmony', which has been around for a long while now (in the pre-pony period). Now, they're going to release an item soon which they are calling (possibly just unofficially, but we'll see) 'Chalice of Discord'.

This follows the release of Hecarim, a pony-inspired champion. One of the things he says in game is even 'Suffering is Magic'.

Granted, there's no secret that quite a number of the game devs have been drawn into ponies. They've even started 'mods are asleep, post ponies' threads themselves. But still, it's cool to see the subtle nods to the show getting put into the game. :D

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.