Author Topic: Collective Dream Journal  (Read 719 times)

Offline Mylo

Collective Dream Journal
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:12:04 am »
I thought this would be a fun thread to start (although I'm not sure if it's in the right section). How successful this thread will be, I'm unsure of.

This is a thread where you can record and share your dreams. If you had a particularly interesting dream, or even if you just remember a few minor details, share it here. Remember to keep this family-friendly; if you wouldn't post it on another thread in Furtopia (keep it PG please), don't post it here.  So, if you dreamt something not appropriate for Furtopia, it'd probably be best not to post it in this thread.

Anyways, happy dreaming! :D

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: Collective Dream Journal
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 02:31:17 am »
I might as well start. I dont dream all that much. I only have a few that I remember when I wake up, and they are usually the ones that are profoundly effective of my life. I can share some here, some not so much. But whatever. I guess I will start with the most recent one.

Most of the dream made no sense. It all happened in my five minute puppy nap today, which I accidently fell asleep on my bed while playing Animal Crossing. So the whole dream was an out of body experience in which I was following a few characters. they were very anime like and were just shooting tons of "bad guys" I assume. lots of unnecessary flips and slow motion actions. they acknowledged I was there. The bad guys acknowledged my presence as well. There was no floor, but rather a floating sidewalk that rose and fell and twisted around at random. when we reached a large castle, these characters killed the guards, but the guards did nothing because they were on the characters side. so that made no sense. when we walked in, a butler told the anime people that their dad was looking for them, so they ran upstairs while I stayed at the door. the butler basically stood there still. Then, a massive ten foot black dog came lazily down the stairs. his skin hung loosely, like a sharpie, and he had black eyes. he walked towards me, but did not see me. he flopped down in a pile of three other dogs that just sort of showed up in a pile there.

This dog did not notice me, or even show any evidence I existed. I was the dog in more detail than everything else. I knew everything about the dog just by looking at it. It was old, very old. Lived here most its life. the dog hadn't played much for many years, mostly slept. It was sort of sad all the time as well. I knew how long the fur was, and how thick it was. I knew the color of the dog's skin, and how it felt and how the fur felt. I knew all this without coming near the dog, and without him knowing of me. It was the only thing that did not see me. And most notably, I knew the dog's name. without knowing this dog in real life, or ever hearing anyone call for this dog, I looked into the massive beast's eyes and new that it was named Night. I could feel that the dog knew it was named Night and that the only name it has ever known was Night. Night was the entire being of this ten foot dog. It was Night. That for some reason stuck out to me the most. and, needless to say, although the dog did not notice me, I was most drawn to the animal. This dog was so profoundly connected to me, I felt it had to be something in real life, like I owned this dog. Or a better way of putting it is, I did not own the dog, but rather had the pleasure of this dog being my best friend.

Sadly, not moments after the flood of information about the dog, I woke up in a pool of drool. I really want to know more about this dog even though I know everything there is to know about Night already. I really hope I meet Night again someday, either in a dream or some other reality. I want this dog to notice me next time, and I want to interact with him. I want Night to speak to me and tell me what he thinks of life and I want to talk back and tell him what I think right back. I want Night to be here with me, even if he is a ten foot dog.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Mylo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »
Last night, I had a dream that it was night time and I was in a body of water.  Then, I saw an object in the sky that looked like a triangle, but it was outlined and had a circle around it like it was entering the atmosphere.  Then, it exploded and in its place was something that looked like a solar eclipse.  Then, I looked down and found that I had dropped a dog tag and another object (I don't remember what it was) into the water.  So, I swam under water to get them, and almost grabbed the dog tag; then I woke up.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 07:41:38 pm »
Well, I have one dream that I don't think I can ever forget, because I've had this same dream at least 4 different times in my life.

It starts off with me living in my old neighborhood. I'm about 11 or 12 years old. This is the age I was when I first had the dream, but every time I've had it since, I'm still that age regardless of my actual age. Anyhow, you know those fabric tunnel things they use on dog agility courses? Yeah, apparently we had one of those in our backyard that was a portal to Alaska.

I had to periodically go to Alaska to check our traps. I have no idea what we were trying to catch, because we never actually catch anything in the dreams. Because you can easily get lost in the Alaskan wilderness, and the snowstorms and occasional extended darkness, I had to have some kind of light source with me at all times. For this, we used glow sticks. When I head out, we're always almost out of glow sticks, so I only have a couple I can bring with me. This makes it a bit dicey because they apparently only last about an hour each, so I had to be quick with checking the traps.

I go through the agility tunnel portal to Alaska, and always wind up in blizzard conditions. I end up getting lost, and wandering away from our trap line. I don't panic too much, but I start getting concerned when I have no idea where I am and I have to break out the last glow stick. After cracking the last one, I stumble upon a random shed, which is empty at the time. I'm getting hungry, so I decide to go inside and look and see if there is any food around. Once I get into the small shed, I warm up and wind up falling asleep. Some amount of time later, I wake up to the smell of food. Looking toward the kitchen area, I see a bear. This, for whatever reason, doesn't concern me at all. The bear is actually living in the shed, and was heating me up some soup.

Usually, I wake up and the dream ends around this point. But one time it did continue for a little bit longer. The bear actually had some glow sticks laying around that I could use, and he pointed me in the direction home after the storm let down a bit.

That's all the further the dream has gotten. I can only assume that the end of the extended version is just me walking back the direction the bear told me to go, and that I find the other end of the portal and end up home.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 02:38:13 pm »
Not a happy dream, and the timing is a bit weird. I had this one a few weeks ago.

I'm on a flight to a furcon. Everything is going well, the aircraft is full of furrys, everyone is having a good time. Flying into a big city in Western Pennsylvania, with multiple rivers  :o it goes wrong, and we go down into one of the rivers. Skipping like a rock, the plane ends up half in the water, half on land. But it takes the help from all to escape the wreckage. As the survivors gather, (some have their suit heads with them) we realize we are close to the hotels and convention center. Instead of going to the hospital, many of us walk to the hotel! As most have no ID's or money, the people there let us into their rooms to clean up, rest. Later that evening, or the next day, several U-Haul trucks show up, and the wet, nasty, fuel soaked luggage, loose wadded up fursuits are dumped in front of the hotel. Some can find their belongings, but some did not make it to claim their stuff. A large bonfire is built, and there is a gathering to mourn to lost.  :'(

I really, really, really, hope this is just some horrible concoction of my mind. I woke up feeling extremely sad, was in a bad mood all day.
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."