Author Topic: Best pony?  (Read 3668 times)

Offline redpaw

• Male
Best pony?
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:21:22 pm »
There is a poll that already covers this but its almost a year old now and this thread is more of a place to state your adoration to the world rather than compare and compete with other ponies.

So who will it be? Mane 6, background or OC ponies; it doesn't matter just say who they are and what makes best pony to you. And remember there can be more than one best pony - opinions are magic  ;)

My choice out of the mane 6 - Rainbow Dash! She is the tom boyish which instantly made her the easiest for me to relate to when I first watched the show. One and a bit years later and nothings changed :) (Also best lines "20% cooler + 10 seconds flat"!) Oh! Oh! I loved the fact that she had her OWN FAN CLUB in the show xD Ah Dashie why you so awesome :)

My overall favourite is Octavia - She only got like 2 seconds of animation in the background so the reason I think of her as best pony is not because of the show, it's because of the fandom. The amount of character, background story, music, art... its just staggering! Even better is the fact that this all came about by a collaborative effort, no one person can say that they are responsible for or own her. Ok I know that you can say this about any other BG pony who is popular. But Tavi is a musician who plays violin and cello (with hooves I might add) so I guess that's why she stands out to me :3

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
Re: Best pony?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »
Best pony for me is Twilight Sparkle. Why? Well, Twi and I are both bookish, somewhat anti-social, nerdy/geeky, and the tendency to act superior even when we still have a lot to learn.  :-[  Twi also has a reverent, almost crush-type attitude toward her mentor, Princess Celestia, which I share as well. I am a teensy bit OCD, possessive, and a little wonky about schedules too--just like Twi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ZBrXXXTLdlY

(:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:38:44 pm »

The stallion of stallions, of course!

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:26:36 am »
Rainbow Dash is the best. She's quick and confident  - and actually a bit of a jerk when you think about it - but also a little neurotic and eager to please, which makes her probably the most balanced pony in the group.  Well, maybe Applejack gets that honour. Definitely not Pinkie.

Pinkie wins the award for FUNNEST PONY EVAR. But not "best". ;)

Offline Jayme the Hippie

• What's this ladybug doing here?
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:19:32 am »
I like all the ponies, but my favorite, hands down, is Pinkie. She's always happy and giggly, and will go to no end to make people feel happy and welcomed :3 My favorite BG would probably either be Ditzy Doo or thw Cake babies :3
.           ,^
_   _      ;  ;
\`.,'/       ; ;
/_.._\`-----';
  \/` ,,,,,,   ;
    )//     \ ))

Avi by the talented Saiyu :3

Offline Squeaks

• Species: German Shepherd/Border Collie
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 11:29:25 am »
I like fluttershy because she reminds of myself a little bit. She shows her confidence and over coming some fears.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 03:12:17 pm »
See signature. 8)

Why Rarity? Because she's hilarious. :D Her voice actor, Tabitha St. Germain, is scary good, and her over-the-top drama queen antics are one of the highlights of the show for me (especially when she has a meltdown!) I also love Rarity because she's possibly the most complex character in the show. She's both selfish and wonderfully generous, both mature and immature, both socially adept and incredibly oblivious, and it's contained so naturally within one gigantic personality that it doesn't even feel like a contradiction.

But really, my favorite pony is Fluttershy. Partly because she's so adorable. (I spend basically half of her time on screen just squeeing.)

But mainly because she makes me so darn emotional. She's got so many issues to overcome, and she's so kind and loving that she doesn't deserve any of what she has to go through. I know what it's like to lack confidence in yourself. I know what it's like to be flying at 2.3 wingpower when everyone else is pushing 10. I know what it's like to be so scared of social situations that you just squeak. It's really tough being a Fluttershy. But she always comes through. And every time she overcomes her fears to do something incredible, it feels to me like she's the biggest hero in the show.

Offline Squeaks

• Species: German Shepherd/Border Collie
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:10:41 pm »
Well put Arbutus,  about Fluttershy and Rarity.

I still deal with some of problems that Fluttershy deals with currently in my life at the moment.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 11:13:08 pm »
Mine have been pretty consistent through both seasons so far. And I can't really see them changing.

Short answer: AJ and RD.

Why? Because I can relate to both of them pretty well. And I feel like my personality kinda fits between the two of them (almost equally, which makes it hard to pick a favorite between the two). I'm drawn to RD for her loyalty, quickness/agility, and sense of humor (though it can be a bit rough). Oh, and pagasi are best variety of pony (I think I somewhat envy the freedom she has because of her wings).  I'm drawn to AJ because she's practical, athletic (though more geared toward strength), and... just some things that really remind me of myself, though I can't really describe it well.

Something else of note: Blue and orange have been my two favorite colors for quite some time as well. So this also draws me to them a bit, aesthetically.

To an extent, you could say I like the ship between these two as well. Though I think of it more as the two of them being lifelong best friends. And that's another thing I somewhat envy with them, because it's that kind of close friendship that I find most fulfilling.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline aspect

• Aspect of the Universe
  • Male
    • my furaffinity
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 09:18:51 pm »
I am also going to say Twi is best pony. It is partially because she could outdo any of the other ponies. If she were to use magic to help out at the orchard, she could pick the apples way faster than Applejack. She may not be as fast as RD but she can teleport so she doesn't need to be. I guess she can't do fashion or tend animals, but she knows about nature from her books... and she can at least throw a slumber party. OK. So she can't outdo everyone else's abilities. But still, for me she represents how seeking knowledge encompasses all the other stuff.

Offline Posha

• Female
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »
Best pony for me is Rarity. It used to be Applejack, but she's been neglected so much in the show there's no fan servicing for people who really like her u.u
I really love Rarity's mane and color scheme. Makes her a challenge to draw fanart for. Even though she's a bit too prissy sometimes, she's got a lot of sass. I like sassy ladies. Not to mention Sweetie Belle is my absolute favorite CMC. She's such a squishy marshmallow >w<
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/posha/
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Offline Gamerwoof

• Female
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 12:29:54 am »
Mine would defiantly be Pinkie Pie. She is so silly and so cute that on my depressed down days she cheers me up quite well.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 04:56:11 am »
Mine would defiantly be Pinkie Pie. She is so silly and so cute that on my depressed down days she cheers me up quite well.

She loves to see you beam, beam, beam!  (I love that song.)

I don't really have a "best pony", though.  Somehow, I watched two entire seasons of ponies without forming a greater attachment to any particular pony over the others.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 01:18:11 pm »
Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack. No contest.
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 08:40:39 pm »
Well this isn't hard...

But my favorite character... on the other paw... Is not a pony (or a dragon.)

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 06:09:23 pm »
But my favorite character... on the other paw... Is not a pony (or a dragon.)
Gilda, Gummy, Wynona, Zecora*, Tank, Stephen Magnet ... Discord?

*If you want to count Zebras as non-ponies

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 09:23:28 pm »

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 09:55:18 pm »

It would have taken me far too long to list every non-pony character that we've seen

That, and I kinda forgot that one >.<