general furry discussion > the polling booth

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

<< < (42/42)

Chewy, God of Rats:
I actually had a conversation about Covid today with some friends.

For context, I had covid twice (that I know of), first back in late July of 2020 and got it the second time late January of 2021. The first time, I would've never known I had it if I did get a required test done(was required due to an outbreak at work) as I didn't notice any symptoms.

The second time the side effects were like having the flu mixed with symptoms of kidney failure and/or jaundice, including extreme dehydration, yellow eyes, extreme kidney pain, and the darkest painful urine I've ever experienced at that point, and having a hard time breathing/feeling out of breath just sitting or doing something as simple as walking to the bathroom (never lost my sense of smell though). All this latest for about 6 weeks with some lasting longer.

So basically getting covid sucked and not something I'd recommend.

That being said, my worry about covid is almost nonexistent at this point.

To prevent this long story from being even long, the conversation I had was that while covid hasn't disappeared and never will in my opinion, I see it as being similar to getting pneumonia now. For some people, pneumonia is a death sentence but in most cases it isn't

cause the rat:

--- Quote from: Chewy, God of Rats on June 23, 2022, 09:33:59 pm ---
That being said, my worry about covid is almost nonexistent at this point.

To prevent this long story from being even long, the conversation I had was that while covid hasn't disappeared and never will in my opinion, I see it as being similar to getting pneumonia now. For some people, pneumonia is a death sentence but in most cases it isn't

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately this is a popular but very dangerous opinion.  At best this virus could fizzle out and become nothing more than another common cold or flue. Wishful thinking gets nowhere. The more people who keep this virus alive by not getting vaxed the more chances this virus has to mutate. The more people who get the virus the more people suffer from life long damage. Internal scaring of the lungs, liver, hear and kidneys can shorten people's lives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version