Author Topic: Real Life Furry Mates  (Read 82869 times)

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
Re: Real Life Furry Mates
« Reply #675 on: March 14, 2011, 04:55:39 am »
My mate and i decided we were getting married about 3 weeks into our relationship(this was senior year of high school), when i told her i was a furry later down the road she thought it was adorable.  Still not sure when the actual date is but we've done nothing but become even closer since then.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Taji

• Male
« Reply #676 on: March 14, 2011, 08:17:25 am »
Unfortunatly where I live there are zero furries, there isnt even an anthro con or anything  :'( but looking on the bright side people have no idea what a furry is and I can pretty much wear my tail anywhere~  :D
"I put the fires out", "=.= you made them WORSE", "Worse or BETTER!! :D"

Offline knightpazz

• what's a tummy :/
  • Male
« Reply #677 on: March 18, 2011, 12:55:34 am »
  :) My girlfreind is a lifestyler furry just like me so we get along well I feel better around other furrys I feel like a pack me and my gf go to the mall with a tail or ears its funny seeing peoples faces :D
If penguins had knees the world would be doomed

Offline Neko13

• Female
« Reply #678 on: April 20, 2011, 10:39:54 pm »
I've only had 3 bfs & all of them were non furs.  My mate now is the love of my life he may not understand me being a furry but he supports it and doesn't love me any more or less.  I think being with a fur does help with understanding and support but I wouldn't give up my non fur for anything  :)

Offline xWinterStar

• We Go Together
  • Female
« Reply #679 on: May 08, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »
I have a furry mate and never been happier. When I first joined the fandom I had a non-furry mate/boyfriend and I would never be myself around him as well as not being able to talk about the fandom either.

I highly reccommend furries to get a furry mate, life gets much more fun and interesting with them!
~*~ Its time to try Defying Gravity ~*~

Offline Emerald Blade

• Male
« Reply #680 on: May 09, 2011, 04:09:26 am »
you don't need a furry mate, just a mate that wants you to be who you are.

Offline Kato_pup

• Male
« Reply #681 on: May 09, 2011, 12:49:47 pm »
I do not have a mate, and I have actually never been in a relationship. With that said, I think that for me I need to be with another furry. I think that being with another furry for me would be ideal because That is a large part of who I am and I want to be able to share that with them. I mean they say you should have things in common and I believe that is the one thing that We must have in common. There are several reasons out side of that as to why I think I want to meet a furry mate but I will not get into them. :3
Use to be known as padded_husky.

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #682 on: May 09, 2011, 05:05:17 pm »
For me, someone who is willing to take part in as many of my interests as possible, is important. There should at least be an understanding to the things I do, or what I believe in. Being a mate to someone who hates your hobbies, or most of the core beliefs of their pardner, even worse, thinks they can change them, is a path to failure.
Being furry is not a requirement, but it's just more fun to share the things you enjoy. :) Furry is a part of me, and I want to share the fun. :D

"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline andreastar

• Female
« Reply #683 on: May 28, 2011, 10:54:07 pm »
My husband is not a furry at all, but he and I still consider each other mates and companions above all else.

I have been with furries in the past, but none as into the lifestyle as myself. I am plenty content to be married to a human, because he does not shy away from my lifestyle. He is very openly accepting, and enjoys the furry interactions as much as the human interactions.

Offline SuperBaz

• Male
« Reply #684 on: May 29, 2011, 07:32:09 am »
My mate is not a furry and I've never been happier with anyone else. I've dated a few guys in the past who were furries and it was always like trying to mix oil and water. Dunno how else to explain it, but it's been working out well with my mate, been with him for a year and a half now.

Offline Emerald Blade

• Male
« Reply #685 on: May 30, 2011, 03:00:52 am »
I think the reason some of us get along better with non furries is that they don't already have an idea of what the fandom is. If I were with someone who was REAALLLYYY into it, I think the fursuits, and the art and all that would get a little annoying. That and I don't always do well with the artsy people. However someone who isn't part of the fandom but accepts it will just go with whatever your definition of it is. However if you found someone in the fandom who has the same ideals as you I would imagine it wouldn't be an issue.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #686 on: June 21, 2011, 01:31:43 pm »
My first boyfriend wasn't a furry (but then, I was 15, only barely knew of the fandom and mainly ignored it), my second was but only in a very vague sense, and most of the time mocked other furries, and my current mate is :3 And I couldn't be happier.

I prefer having a furry mate, it is just another level to connect on, something you share and can talk about. Plus you know they aren't going to freak out and run a mile if you show up at their house wearing a collar or whatnot.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline RITTZ

• got a PSN? play mw2? add speed9101
  • Male
« Reply #687 on: July 07, 2011, 02:46:33 am »
my first two relationships my exes were not furries. and both of them only last a little over a month. my girlfriend now is a furry and like Loc said, i couldnt be happier! :D we've been togehter for almost 2 years. big difference. i guess its a great thing to have in common (:
Life is like a pineapple... i forgot the rest but dont trust potatoes :D

Offline Feather_Claw

• Not all who wander are lost. ~J.R.R Tolkien
« Reply #688 on: September 18, 2011, 09:40:08 pm »
I've had both--and currently my mate is a non-fur (although I think perhaps this may be changing! XD WOOT!!)

My first real mate was a lion and he and I had some *amazing* physical chemistry. Unfortunately, I'm one of 'those' furries and for me my furry-ness is extremely integral to the way I feel and act when in love or 'interested' in someone. It pretty much permeates every aspect of my love life. So it was amazing to have someone who felt and acted the same way (partially why we stayed together so long lol---but if you're in the mood for some scritches and grooming lions are awesome---tongues are a smidgen rough tho *wipes drool off forehead*)

Because I'm an extreme lifestyler and not asexual I don't think I'd ever be interested or able to be with someone who wasn't a furry long-term. It just doesn't work for me. I've already sat my mate down and had the 'look, this is a need and an inherent thing I can't change about myself, and I need you to give me certain things to be happy---and if you can't or its weird that's cool but then we've got some thinking to do because I need this to be happy'. He's accepting of my furry-ness but he's not into it yet...and sadly I need him to be my mate, not just my human boyfriend.

I guess it all depends on whether you're a lifestyler or not or whether or not furry enters into your love life. If you simply like to watch Balto and sketch anthro art then I don't think its a need. If you howl and growl and need to wear a tail and occaisionally like to bite or lick then you probably do definetly need a fur mate.
-If humanity is to deem my spriit a sort of insanity you may keep it---I will dance with soul and howl where the wild things are in joyous madness. Nature may be violent red in tooth and claw but red is also the colour of life...

Offline MarkDrees

• Male
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #689 on: September 24, 2011, 01:25:50 am »
My lady's not a furry but we're making ears together Wednesday. If the person loves you, they'll work it out.
Member of the Ungulates United local #416

Offline Tyrannus The Demon

• Your Worst Nightmare.
  • Male
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2011, 06:28:31 pm »
my fur-mate asked me out on a date today!
its gonna be so much fun!
"It all started just a few hours ago...the squad was out on routine patrol across the plains...radio contact started to fail,all we could here were terrible screams...amongst teh screasm and gun-fire,we made-out one cry,'They're coming...they're...everywhere!'."

Offline Necryn

• Female
« Reply #691 on: October 15, 2011, 12:32:06 am »
Eh, there are pros and cons to having a furry or non-furry mate.  I've had both.

My non-furry mates have had more of a tendency to be embarrassed of animal costuming.  They have also had more of a tendency to tease me a little bit about the whole furry and therianthropy thing, and they don't tend to take either seriously.

My furry mates haven't been great either though.  One furry boyfriend was far more of a "furry fan," whereas I consider myself more of a furry lifestyler.  We clashed drastically on a number of points, and he got just as embarrassed, if not moreso, than my non-furry mates of certain things like costuming and animalistic behaviors.  As an example, that particular furry boyfriend was extremely embarrassed of me growling and running around on all fours, even though we were at the private residence of MY friends who didn't care.

Another furry mate was...extremely mentally and emotionally unbalanced to put it lightly, and he never really treated me right in our relationship.

My current mate of nearly three years is not a furry.  He does tease me a little bit, but he's kind of light-hearted about it.  He gets embarrassed of the costuming, but he grudgingly lets me wear things around the house, and he was nice enough to go to a furry convention with me one year.  He also usually tolerates it when I wear my real fox tail, but I doubt he'd let me leave the house with my big fake fur ear and tail set.  I did get out of the house in them once, but he only tolerated them that time because it was Halloween, and even then he teased me a little about it.

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #692 on: October 21, 2011, 08:59:25 pm »
I currently have a furry girlfriend for once, but if you know me well enough on the IRC, you'll know it most likely won't work out. By this I mean being hit below the belt buckle during the "break up".
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Tyrannus The Demon

• Your Worst Nightmare.
  • Male
« Reply #693 on: October 22, 2011, 04:19:14 am »
@arasi:Dang!
u should get a cup so tha tu have protection ahead of time ;)
"It all started just a few hours ago...the squad was out on routine patrol across the plains...radio contact started to fail,all we could here were terrible screams...amongst teh screasm and gun-fire,we made-out one cry,'They're coming...they're...everywhere!'."

Offline GingerBear

• your attention is required at all times
  • Female
« Reply #694 on: October 22, 2011, 12:02:30 pm »
I have a fur mate. It's way different for me than it was wif my ex who wasn't a fur.  My ex would feel awkward when I'd walk around the mall with them in my partial suit, but now my pup and I skip down the hallways paw in paw. It's like a totally different world for me.
~be yourself- people will not like you anyway~